Traction and Pain Relief

Previous topic - Next topic

Soma

While I have just begun traction- (I've only used the device for about 8 hours total so far, and I know I'm going to have to keep at it and have plenty of patience.)- I was wondering if anyone could comment on how traction helps relieve the pain I am experiencing while flaccid and not using the device. I have a lot of pain during my everyday routine, and so far the only way I've been treating it is Naproxen or Motrin, much like I would treat the pain from any body ache. To those who've experienced pain relief from traction- how long did it take to feel relief? I'm sure I need to have patience, but I'm ambivalent about increasing the amount of NSAIDS I take to relieve day to day pain while I'm working and doing everyday things. Anyway, open question to all- How has traction helped relieve your pain symptoms?

cs65

I'm also curious about this, as I also have significant daily pain when flaccid, and have considered starting a traction process.  Soma, for my pain, I'm taking a combination of 100mg Lyrica + 0.5 mg Clonazepam.  Seems to reduce my flaccid pain by 50% of so, which helps get through the day.

Soma

Interesting that you mention you are taking clonazepam for pain. As far as I knew up until this point- tons of people take clonazepam for generalized anxiety, but this is the first I've heard of it being used to treat pain. Perhaps this is something I could bring up with my doctor. As far as Lyrica goes, I haven't even heard of that medication at all. What type of medication is it? Also, cs65- are you in the acute stage? I am going to tentatively assume so since you are also having problems with daily pain when flaccid.

cs65

I wish I could say I was in the acute phase, but Peyronies Disease started six years ago, and I've had daily flaccid pain ever since.  Liyrica is normally prescribed for fibromyalgia and diabetic nerve pain.  I started on the Lyrica for a chronic groin pain condition before Peyronies Disease, and it worked quite well for that pain.  About two years ago, my local urologist suggested clonazepam out of the blue for the penis pain.  His opinion was that clonazepam was effective for neuropathic pain, and he feels that my pain may be neuropathic.  In any event, the combination of the two does provide some temporary pain relief for a day or so.  
Keep us posted on how the traction works, especially for your pain.  I just started topical verapamil gel so I'll keep everyone posted on that board.

LWillisjr

Sorry I can't help you much. I never had any pain from the time I contracted Peyronies Disease.
Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History