Deformity worse when flaccid or semi rigid?

Previous topic - Next topic

Phase

One thing is confusing me and I'd like to hear more about others, how they think about it.

I was diagnosed 9 months ago, and I'm now having about 15-20deg. curve to left when erect, and pretty much the same thing upwards. I have the worst plaque in the underside of left chamber.

The weird thing is, that my deformity is way worse when I have a partial erection, than in the 100% erection. This "semi-state" has gone worse lately, but the erect form has not changed too much. In lots of websites it says that in peyronies the deformity is always progressively worse the harder erection you have? Why they say that?

At the moment, when I start to have an erection the right side fills up first, and if I don't touch it It goes all the way to +45deg. curve to left and has twist to the left as well as the right. I can make it straight with my hand, or when it gets fully hard it straightens pretty much itself.

With 100% erection it looks pretty good and has only 10-15deg. curve to left. Immediately if I start to loose the erection like 90%, it bends significantly to left again and starts to twist.

Do others have this same thing or am I weird? What does it mean, what to expect?

Is it good or bad that it's worse when semi-erect?

I think it's because there is plaque, but it's still soft enough to stretch with erection. Does it mean that when it heals and gets harder, things get worse...?

swolf

I have the same sort of thing. When partially erect my deformities look absolutely terrible but when I have a full strong erection they're stretched out closer to "normal." I do indeed think it is because the plaques are still somewhat pliable. I think it is good that it is not as noticeable when you're fully erect, but if your plaques progress or calcify you'll most likely have the full deformity even with a full erection.  

cowboyfood

I noticed that too for a while.  Search the forum using the term "partially erect" and I believe you'll see some discussion.  

I believe this is pretty typical because a full erection will stretch out the scarred tissue, where a partial one shows more deformity.  However, I don't see this anymore as my dents have pretty much resolved.

Also, I believe many others notice a deformity in a flaccid state, but I don't think I ever did.

One thing this condition brought to my attention is the many different "looks" my penis will have throughout a day/week/month.  This seems to be the case for men with and without Peyronies Disease.  

So, try not to constantly check on the condition and attribute any change to Peyronies Disease, although it's understandable, especially in the beginning.

CF
Currently:  L-Arginine (2g), Vit D3)

Phase

That's what I thought. I get angry when I read all the "professional urologists" telling things in internet, I have read a lot of comments like "Peyronies curve appears only while erect, it cannot affect flaccid or partial erection".

It's funny how there is so much "facts" around that are false.

There is also lots of varying around how this disease is generally described. Just the other day I read one website from some urologist society, that basically said that Peyronies always leads to impotence and severe curvature, and there has been FEW men that have managed to stay sexually active with this disease but that is not common. Man I got sad reading that.

Few? My urologist said that most men with peyronies will get along with it just fine for their lives. ANd only small group will need surgery or other treatment for it.

Well that went off-topic.. I just hope my plaque does not get more tight or hardened, if it goes straight while erect it's still pretty good...