USING VED IN WARM BATH

Previous topic - Next topic

lukewill

Hi guys

Just wondering if anyone has been using their VED device - mine is the  soma one - in the bath.

I guess in a similar way to 'bathmate' though this is much more controlled as you have a pump lever etc.

I tried it, and was able to get a good seal without use of lube - the water helps.

Plus the fact that your penis is warmed in the water makes the experience feel more comfortable, and maybe more effective? (there have been other threads about the use of heat etc)

Also easier to clean as well without the daily hassle of cleanign up the lube etc.

My question is are there any negatives to using it this way that anyone can think of?

The only one thing slight drawback is that i think thepenis doesn't  'slide up' the cylinder as smoothly due to no lube - so i might have to try and put some there to seeif it makes much of a difference.

Any thought?

Norm

I can see where the heat would be beneficial for treatment. And I know it would be preferable to that cold plastic tube. But I am with the Old Man; I don't see how your pump is gonna stand much of that before it gives up and fails. And any warranty would certainly be voided.  
Plication Surgery Dec. 2013. Straight Again!

lukewill

Thanks guys - I should have pointed out that I was very careful not to submerge the pump section ofthe device only the plastic tubes, and everything was fine - it remained completely dry - though I understand your point.

GS

I have been using a wrung out hot wash cloth wrapped around my penis for a couple of minutes before I use the VED.  Also, I'm applying the hot wash cloth around the outside of the tube of the VED during my therapy.  This seems to help my erection quality during therapy, but doesn't take a chance of getting the vacuum end of the VED submerged in water.  FYI, with this method, you still use lube on your penis and the inside of the VED.

This seems like a good way to get moist heat involved with your therapy without taking a chance of damaging your VED.

GS

Hawk

To me the simplest solution for quick temporary heat to the penis prior to VED is to go get a large-mouth drinking water bottle, the refillable type you can buy at Walmart or most other stores.   I also have a quick-read thermometer from the drug store.  I fill the bottle up with water that I guess to be the right temp (103 degrees F).  I put the thermometer in and get a reading which takes less than 10 seconds.  If the temp is between 103 and 105 I just "dunk my junk" :)

With very little practice you can press this bottle against your body with little to no leakage and slosh the water around by shaking the bottle.

It works far better to me than wet wash cloths etc.

One note.  I use water 103 - 105 degrees BECAUSE IT IS FOR A RELATIVELY SHORT TIME (a few minutes).  105 degrees F is too hot for longer term hyerthermia and could damage tissue.  Hyperthermia temperature should be bout 102 - 104 degrees MAXIMUM for 20 -30 minutes.
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

Ben

Lukewill you need to try the bathmate. Indestructible, a outstanding seal, very easy to use...
Plus the base of the seal is really stucking on your groin area, unlike the air ved.

You don't need to have a semi to use the bathmate to have a good seal. Just pump and that's it.

The only downpart of it is that using it in a shower is difficult, you need a bathtub and you may see your water bill really increase (no joke).

lukewill

Hey Ben

I have the bathmate too. It's what gave me the idea of using the VED in the bath.

The thing that I'm not sure about with the bathmate is that there doesnt seem to be as much info in terms of efficacy and test results as there is with regular ved. Also there is no 3 cylinder system or measurable way of decreasing the pressure - the pressure valve is not so 'stable'.

I am therefore wary about over pumping with the bathmate. with regular ved you have much more control.

Re. cost of having hot bath e very day - this is defo a consideration, but to be honest, it's difficult to put a cost on what I would do to return 'back to normal'. I know that with the mess of the gel and the hassle etc, i'm more inclined to use this treatment in the bath than any other regular way, but I guess i just got to get used to putting in the effort either way.

L