Is it too late to use VED if plaque has calcified?

Previous topic - Next topic

lukewill

Hi there

not sure if my plaque has calcified. i can now feel a hard 'string' of something under my penis skin from the base right to the head on the top side - I'm assuming this is the plaque calcified - and am wondering if this therefore means that VED is futile? Ie onece calcified it cannot be undone , VED or no ved?

thanks

L

BrooksBro

My understanding is that there are several types of calcification.  In my opinion, it is unlikely that you can feel that it has become calcified.  However, a skilled technician and determine the type and degree of calcification during a penile ultrasound.

Using the VED is unlikely to reverase any calcification that exists.  That said, there are MANY benefits to using a VED.  And, when used properly, there are few negative effects.

Happy pumping!

lukewill

thanks Brook

So do you mean that a plaque could also feel like it's a hard wire under the surface of the skin (like i have) but doesn't necessarily mean it's calcified?

BrooksBro

What you are feeling under the skin may not necessarily be a plaque; it could be some other structure.  Even if it is a plaque, you cannot tell that calcium deposits are present by feeling it.

Quote from: lukewill on November 05, 2012, 05:31:06 PM
thanks Brook

So do you mean that a plaque could also feel like it's a hard wire under the surface of the skin (like i have) but doesn't necessarily mean it's calcified?