When to Begin VED Therapy?

Previous topic - Next topic

HopeToHeal

Hi All,

I've been looking through some of the VED posts but can't seem to find the answer to my question:

Is there a time when it's NOT good to start using a VED? I recently (2 weeks ago) re-injured my penis after 3.5 years of stability. I'm currently having episodes of severe pain. I feel like I can barely touch my penis at this time, as it seems to trigger a worsening of the pain.

My re-injury is discussed here:
Sudden Return Of Pain After 3.5 Years - What To Do? - Peyronies Society Forums

It feels to me that this is not a good time to start VED treatment. Is that true? If not, is there an estimated length of time that I should wait?

Thanks!

HopeToHeal

dioporcolorisolvo

Quote removed per forum rules (Do not quote entire posts.  Do not quote posts that appear immediately 1 post previous to your reply.
Administrator

I think that about this chapter there are different opinions.
I think that in the first very acute phase it is better not to start VED, but other members like OldMan think exactly the opposite.
I say that i'm enough sure that pain is a bad sign and none treatment that provoke pain is good.

pless

I ran across an interesting medical paper "Preservation of penile length after radical prostatectomy: early intervention with a vacuum erection device" from 2007 which might help to answer diopocolorisolvo's question. Radical prostatectomy is known to cause Peyronies, so the recovering patient could be said to be in Peyronies latency. Nevertheless VED therapy was begun the day after the urethral catheter was removed.  

ldhw

I am new to this forum and to peronies but I whole heartedly throw my hat into the "ved early, ved often" school of thought. I had peronies for only 2 months when I found this site and began using the ved. I had a dorsal curve, flatdorsal dent, hourglassing mid shaft and a glans that was refusing to proprly inflate. All of the afore mentioned symptoms have either disapeared or lessened to a significant degree. I am also on ubiquinol, pentox, arginine and alcar but my understanding is all the oral treatments take time to work, I give the credit to the ved. As with anything we are all individuals so its important to listen to your body. If it causes pain then you need to either modify what your doing or discontinue treatment until to pain is under control (see oral treatments).

dioporcolorisolvo

Quote from: ldhw on October 29, 2012, 01:07:27 PM
I am new to this forum and to peronies.....

After when did you see improvments with VED?
Weeks? Months?  

ldhw

Within days I saw some improvements like more nocturnal erections and a fuller glans within weeks my hour glassing  was gone and I had  regained lost size and decreased the angle of my curvature. Now at a little over a month I believe I have only a very slight curve and my erections are bigger and fuller and in the case of nocturnal erections more frequent than before peyronies. I still have palpable plaques (although some small ones I had have disapeared) and a slightly flatened spot over my main dorsal plaque. I also still have some soreness when erect that indicates to me that I have more healing to do before a dare to jump back in the saddle again but overall I feel very fortunate.