Tips for Traction Comfort

Previous topic - Next topic

skunkworks

I've really got to try the comfort strap again, the first one I tried was the one that came with the cheapo traction device I bought at first and was not very good quality.

Will have a look around to see if I can find one for the fastsize.

A thread where we can share tips on how to wear it more comfortably might be very valuable. It absolutely works, the biggest obstacle is racking up the hours.
This is an emotionally destructive condition, we all have it, let's be nice to each other.

Review of current treatment options by Levine and Sherer]

LWillisjr

Quote from: skunkworks on October 21, 2012, 07:34:42 PM
I've really got to try the noose again, the first one I tried was the one that came with the cheapo traction device I bought at first and was not very good quality.

Will have a look around to see if I can find one for the fastsize.

A thread where we can share tips on how to wear it more comfortably might be very valuable. It absolutely works, the biggest obstacle is racking up the hours.

Good suggestion. Done
Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History

skunkworks

I'll start, best tip from me at the moment is to regularly wash the noose in warm soapy water and rinse thoroughly.

The cleaner it is, the better it seems to grip below the glans so you need not cinch the noose as tight. Means you stay comfortable for longer.
This is an emotionally destructive condition, we all have it, let's be nice to each other.

Review of current treatment options by Levine and Sherer]

Ben

Yes the cleaner the better. Aim for the best grip by cleaning the noose or reducing lenght.
I usually go for 3 hours then use my bathmate pump and then, back in the saddle with traction.

It give an extra girth which is useful to have a good grip.

sullytex

Twisty-tie on the noose ends to keep slippage to a minimum.  Can get to full BPSFL easier and hold it longer.

Hawk

Quote from: skunkworks on October 21, 2012, 09:15:57 PM
I'll start, best tip from me at the moment is to regularly wash the noose in warm soapy water and rinse thoroughly.

The cleaner it is, the better it seems to grip below the glans so you need not cinch the noose as tight. Means you stay comfortable for longer.

Don't you have a tube or straw of memory foam that the noose threads through before threading it onto the yoke?  I do and only the memory foam touches my penis?  I find trying to use a noose with no foam surrounding it is painful because when I cinch down, it tends to want to drag a little loose skin into the holes the noose threads into. Ouch !!!  With the foam jacket over the noose, if anyting it drags memory foam into the thread holes.

I also assumed the bare noose behind the glans would be pretty irritating.

I like the twist tie tip.
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

Mike_O

OK - here are just a few:

Infant socks - get the smallest size, cut off the foot and use the elastic ankle portion as a cushion under the noose or strap;

Wrist sweatbands - use as a cushion for the base;

Sheer nylon anklet hose (women's stockings) - slide over the extender when worn to make it more comfortable under clothing - add a shoe lace tied to the cuff of the nylon and to a belt loop to keep the whole package from falling out of your pants at the most inappropriate times (such as in line at the post office!).

Happy extending!