Breaking new ground!

Previous topic - Next topic

Knott

Im kinda at a loss and unsure what to put here! Openly talking about this is something brand new to me,tho the condition itself is not. I started developing this at around seventeen, which from what I've read is highly unusual! I had no clue what was happening to me and like the dumb kid I was, I guess somewhere deep down I just assumed I had a fundamental flaw and should just get used too it! I didn't even know it was a medical condition until around four years ago! Now Ive started taking a couple supplements and some topical treatments in hopes that I've not waited too long to face things. So much I could say hear about my life with this ailment but it'd take too long for an introduction. The reason I've joined this forum is to seek answers and support from people who deal with this themselves. To find a better way to actually live with it instead of hiding from life over it! Well that's long enough for an intro!
Thank's for the forum!!

Norm

Welcome, buddy. You are in good company here. There are many of us who have crooked and sometimes painful doo-dahs. This is the only place like it that I have found. We all have the same problem, just in differing degrees and looks. If you haven't taken decisive action yet, then I recommend you spend your spare time getting caught up on this forum. There are at least a couple of approaches how to handle this difficulty. You just need to read the posts, pick an approach that makes sense to you, and get after it. Unlike our ladies, we don't have everyone in the country wearing blue ribbons. We don't have TV coverage and sponsors. All we have is each other for support. We could learn from the ladies. It might change some day.
To get some more detailed advice, tell us more about yourself. How old are you? Did this come from an injury? Have you been to a doctor about it? Do you have insurance? There are lots of questions, but nobody is trying to pry or scam you. We just want to share information. Who knows? You may be the new guy who spots a solution that none of us has thought of!  
Plication Surgery Dec. 2013. Straight Again!

Hawk

Knott,

We are sorry you had a need to join the forum but we are glad that you found us and that we can be here to give the support you would otherwise had little hope of finding.  In order to give input it would help if we knew a little more.  You can tell as much or as little as you choose but here are some of the types of information that might help:

Age?
What did your medical doctor conclude?
How did your symptoms start?
What are your symptoms?
What treatments have you tried and what were the results?
Do you have insurance or means to get treatment?
where are you in dealing with the psychological aspects of Peyronies Disease?
Are you in a relationship?order to have a basis for making a.suggestions we

Again, these are just suggestions.  You have no obligation to reveal anything.  It your call.

Good luck.

Hawk
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

Knott

Well I can answer both of you at once here. I'm 34 years old as of August this year. As I said earlier, I've only fairly recently discovered all of this as a medical condition,which is ludicrous, I know, but I honestly did not know where to turn  and was too ashamed to even think of getting medical advise! I've never sought a medical opinion on it,but from my own examination the symptoms are there. The lump, the bend which has worsened over time and all. No,at the moment I have no insurance,and I think now im just afraid to hear a doctor tell me it's hopeless! For the past month or so I've been using a compound made up of DMSO gel,iodine,and vitamin E!  I'm planning to start adding this to a castor oil pack,along with taking nattokinase  and serrapeptase. I've bought a traction device,but I'm kinda scared to use it! I'm not sure that it wont injure it further,but I bet some here could answer that! I've let this control my very existence virtually my whole life,and because of a recent episode in my life involving a girl I really adored,yet kept pushing away! Not because she knew about it, but because I refused to come to terms with it and tell her!! I just can't do that anymore!! The thing is I can't wrap my mind around the idea that any woman would live with this ,if she knew it from the start,when she could have her pick among a dozen others who don't have this issue! That's the hell of it mentally! Recently though I've started a little meditation routine known as Holosync. It's really helping to clear my head and is the only reason,I believe, that Im remotely able to be this open on a forum like this now! That and just wanting to embrace the reality of it! When You deny something for soooooo long,you fail to see just how many other areas in your life it affects! I hope this answers your questions and gives me more answers! I really appreciate the support and feed back guy's!!

Hawk

Knott,

FIRST OFF, I AM CONCERNED ABOUT DMSO AND IODINE.  I recall no one ever recommending iodine taken internally.  WARNING, Depending on the molecular structure of iodine, mixing it or anything else with a small enough molecular structure would be like injecting iodine into your body !!!

I have been at the keyboard 2 hours reaching out to someone that needed help and information.  Hopefully someone else will jump in here.  If not, I will be back later.

And I promise you, things will improve in your life if you continue the journey.

Hawk

Knott

Correction: Potassium IODIDE!! There's a big difference I suspect! And thank you!

Hawk

There is clearly a big difference, but can I ask where you got the the idea for potassium iodide as a treatment for Peyronies Disease?  I must have missed that one over the years.  Either that or my brain is failing.

Knott

Sure. I got it from a site called sexually healthy male. Guy claims it was part of his routine and that it worked! So I figure why not?  

Hawk

Quote from: Knott on October 13, 2012, 08:35:52 PM
Sure. I got it from a site called sexually healthy male. Guy claims it was part of his routine and that it worked! So I figure why not?

I can think of a whole host of reasons not to do many things to my penis that I read o the internet.  What is the theory behind potassium iodide and what is the evidence?

Knott

The reasoning behind it is to aid in fighting the fibrotic tissue. That site is sexually healthy man btw instead of male.  

LWillisjr

knott,
Care to share further details on your symptoms? Pain, curvature?
Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History

Knott

I Appologize for not answering you before now lwillis, haven't been on here in a month! But sure. The curvature is pretty bad! Much like a cane and pretty hard! Most pain if any is all to the left side and just recently I've started getting a new pain up near the head! I hope that's discriptive enough!