Is this test painful?

Previous topic - Next topic

panther

Just went to the urologist today and he wants me to have the test where they make you have an erection and then do the ultrasound to see exactly where the plaque is.  From there they can decide what treatment options are the best.  He told me he had neve heard of pentox.  That kind of shocked me.  I was just wondering if anyone has had this test so I know what to expect.  Thanks

Hawk

Panther,

First off, we will move this post since this board is for ultrasound Therapy not discussion about common ultrasound diagnostic tests.

The injection to cause an erection is fairly painless, (much less painful than a shot in the arm).  The ultrasound test is absolutely painless.

My question is whether this is the same doctor that wanted you to take vitamin E and do nothing?  If so, between that and not knowing what pentox is, I would look for another doctor  By the way, if you run your mouse cursor over the word Pentox in the previous sentence you will see both the full name and the trademark name.  You might want to go to the forums Resource Library and print the articles (4 of them) on Pentox and take them to the doctor.  If he wil not prescribe it look for another doctor unless his reason has to do with your other medical issues.

Keep in mind this is about all a doctor can do for you:
Diagnose Peyronies Disease (Very Important)
Perform a a scan to assess plaque formation and blood flow.
Prescribe Pentox and an ED drug
Give Verapamil injections (Very mixed results with some getting worse)
Perform one of 4 types of penile surgery (last resort when intercourse is not possible or very difficult)

As you can see, once you have a solid diagnosis from a good urologist and a pentox prescription there is not much else a doctor can do for you unless you opt for surgery or Verapamil injections.  

What you can do on your own: ***
Take objective measurements like erect girth and BPSFL
Use traction
Use VED
Get several potentially helpful supplements like: ALC, CO Q10, L-Arginine, etc.
Get Pentox from an online pharmacy (use extreme caution to assure you are not getting some counterfeit and that you are not taking a drug that interacts with Pentox or that you don't have a medical condition that would be a contraindication for use of Pentox.)

*** Needless to say, anything you can do on your own you can do under medical supervision with an informed medical doctor in an environment that may lead to your better understanding and a greater feeling of confidence and well-being.
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums