Just got my single cyl VED, do I need the drugs too?

Previous topic - Next topic

blackjack

So I received my Vitality OTC last week and did my first session with it today. So far so good I guess...didn't really get much of an erection but I've read that that's normal for the first while. It would plump up pretty good but as soon as I realeased the valve it would shrink down to almost flaccid pretty quickly.

I developed the peyronies lumps about 2 months ago so i'm hoping that starting with the VED early will help.  So far the only thing i'm taking is 800IU a day of full spectrum vitamim e along with fish oil and a good multivitamin. Do any of you experts think I should go to a uro and get prescribed Pentox or anything else as well?  Is it really that imperative or should I just go with the VED for now and see how things go?  Budget is an issue, that's why I had to go with the single cylinder over the 3 so I'm hoping I can get away without an expensive cocktail of drugs and supplements.  Thanks

Hawk

It is a gamble and there is an old saying that goes "never bet anything you can't afford to lose".  You have to ask yourself if you can afford to lose functionality of your penis.  If not then I would definitely go for pentox which is not an expensive drug.  Keep in mind, sometimes nothing stops Peyronies Disease.  There is no cure, so it is pretty optimistic to think you will casually try one thing and everything will be fine.  If that were the normal course, there would be no need for this forum and the heroic battle many wage against Peyronies Disease.

You also need to take objective measurements so you know if you are losing size or developing a curve.  Eyeballing it is not enough.  Do a BPSFL, an erect girth measurement behind the head, mid-shaft, and base.  You can also put a thin piece of tape on the VED to mark your pumped length to track any increase or decrease.  This is the ONLY way you can chart progression of the Peyronies Disease to be sure if you are improving or getting worse.
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

blackjack

Thanks Hawk. Sorry, I didn't mean to sound casual about this at all. I'm 33 and single so if I came across as optimistic it's only because for the first time since the lumps appeared I feel the depression lifting a bit. I've read a few of the success stories with VED therapy which has given me some hope.  Obviously being single and not wanting to be forever, I definitely cannot afford to lose the functionality of my penis and will do whatever it takes.

Thanks again for the advice and for this great forum. All you guys who have been battling this for years and helping out the newbies are definitely hero's in my eyes.