Where to get lube EU?

Previous topic - Next topic

Nevergonnagiveyouup

Dear VED exercisers,

I came across a thread where ultrasound gel was brieflymentioned as a cheap alternative to lube for VED treatment. As I am already spending quite a lot paying for tonnes of supplements it would be nice to save a couple of bucks on a cheap lube alternative. Where do you guys get lube within EU? And have you had succes with ultrasound gel and if so where do you get that stuff?

/Never

GS

I buy it on line in a one gallon container.  A squirt bottle will come with it.  If you goggle "ultrasound gel", I think you will have plenty of options to buy.  Make sure you get ultrasound "gel" and not ultrasound "lotion".  I mistakenly got the lotion once and it did not work as well, caused a little irritation on my glans and was a mess to clean up after using it.

GS

Nevergonnagiveyouup

Thanks for the reply GS. I will make sure not to get ultrasound lotion.

I did do a google search. The transport cost when buying a gallon is just massive - maybe I should buy an even greater amount :)

/Never

ashtown

I've never used a VED and I'm just trying to choose one at the moment but I'm wondering why you can't just use something like KY Jelly or some other simple lubricant. Is there some thing special about lubricants for a VED?  
Dec 2013 - Replaced all prescribed medicines with plenty of fresh vegetables, sleep and exercise

Old Man

Ashtown:

There is only one thing that is important about VED lubricant and that is it should be water soluble. This will allow for a cleaner and easier clean up after using the VED therapy.

In the States or any country that has a Walmart store, their generic Equate Personal Lubricant is a very good one in lieu of the much higher priced lube that comes with the VED package when purchased. The Walmart cost is around $2.00 USD per tube. The OEM lube replacement costs several times that amount and is no better than the generic for VED therapy exercises.

Some guys on the forum are using the lubricant that is used for ultra sound tests. Do a search for it in the search block of the home page and you should get some hits about the ultra sound gel.

Old Man
Age 92. Peyronies Disease at age 24, Peyronies Disease after
stage four radical prostatectomy in 1995, Heart surgery 2004 with three bypasses/three stents.
Three more stents in 2016. Hiatal hernia surgery 2017 with 1/3 stomach reduction. Many other surgeries too.

ashtown

Thanks Old Man, that all makes sense. I looked earlier on that site link I showed you and the VED lube looked like it might be fancy marketing for a simple product. I just did a search for KY Jelly and discovered it is both water based and water soluble so that should be OK. I can find it in practically any supermarket or pharmacy without having to order online as well.  
Dec 2013 - Replaced all prescribed medicines with plenty of fresh vegetables, sleep and exercise

pless

KY jelly is insanely expensive in Germany (over 5 euros for 82g).  Similar products marketed for sexual use are all quite expensive -- I've not found a generic. The suggestion from Nevergonnagiveyouup and GS to use ultrasound gel is very good.  At my last EKG the (probably ultrasound) gel smelled just like KY.  The ingredients in ultrasound gel are pretty different from those in a sex gel however, so we must check that the lubricity is there.  For VED use the gel serves two different functions: seal and lubrication.  There is another possibility called Gleitgel in Germany. Veterinary quality gleitgel costs just 3 euros for 500g.

I'm using more than 10g of gel per VED session.  This heavy use is helpful for achieving a seal without shaving, and also for frequent removals and replacements of the cylinder (to increase the blood refreshment factor).  

pless

Since I hadn't ordered either the ultrasound gel or the gleitgel when my initial tube of Augusta's Soma-Therapy ED gel ran out I had to buy an expensive tube of sex gel: "chaps -- enjoy life!"  As would be expected for a sex gel it is extremely lubricious, noticeably slipprier than Augusta's.  For the first time I experienced the problem of scrotal tissue being sucked into the VED.  (There's advice in this forum to avoid applying gel there but that is practically impossible, especially when using much gel in order to skip shaving.)  

Anyhow the experience showed that degree of lubricity is a factor in choice of gel.  Very high lubricity is desirable inside the tube, but less lubricity is desirable at the seal. Augusta's gel may make the ideal compromise.  Among the cheap replacements, I'd guess that ultrasound gel is less lubricious than gleitgel. It's a bit much to use two different gels, one inside and the other at the seal, but it might not be easy to find as good a compromise gel as Augusta's.