Expected cost of Xiaflex treatment?

Previous topic - Next topic

charlie44

Sorry if this has been discussed before, but I can't find it. I am looking at insurance options for next year, and if there is a chance Xiaflex is available, I will start treatment, and that will drive which insurance plan I select. Any insight into cost of expected treatment?

Thanks.

Old Man

charlie44:

OK, here's my 2 cents input for the cost of Xiaflex. I had surgery for Dupuytren's Contractures (DC) a while back. I discussed the Xiaflex with him and its use for DC and he said he was aware of its use DC but not for Peyronies Disease. Asked him about the cost of the med and he said it was quite expensive and was not able to use it for his patients for that reason. He said that one "dose" of the stuff would cost him around $3,000.00 then add in the overhead to that it would run around $4,000.00 per visit. He did not know how treatments it would take for DC either.

The above is what was related to me by my hand surgeon, so it may be true or may be less or more for Peyronies Disease. Have no reason to believe it will be cheap at any rate.

Old Man
Age 92. Peyronies Disease at age 24, Peyronies Disease after
stage four radical prostatectomy in 1995, Heart surgery 2004 with three bypasses/three stents.
Three more stents in 2016. Hiatal hernia surgery 2017 with 1/3 stomach reduction. Many other surgeries too.

bethanyjones

I have never heard that any insurance policy covers all the diseases including this one. But let us hope you get the one you need.

This is a spam post. The internet link in the signature is deleted. Members, report any posts you see with suspicious internet links in the signature... Angus
Spam link removed by moderator

MattFoley

If your insurance plan administrator has Peyronie's, you better believe it will be covered. Otherwise, who knows? Everyone's insurance plan will likely have to make a judgment call on this. Considering the cost for so many covered procedures, I hope we don't get the shaft when Xiaflex is a consideration.

The key point is that when the FDA says this is a valid treatment for Peyronie's, the insurance companies and HMO's, etc. will have a tough time saying this would not be covered. I don't know for sure but we can pray.

Got Testosterone?