flacid vs VED measurement

Previous topic - Next topic

ScottNM

I have peyroines and in prep for implant I have been using VED. I have hour glass and plaque in center which creates curve. After using VED I am pulling 6 1/2" flacid and 6 to 6 1/4" on VED. Obviously the peyroines plaque inhibits its potential when erect through the VED. How does this play out in implant? I know they measure flaccid state to get idea but will peyroines modify that measurement for size up? thx

Hawk

I have never consulted with an implant surgeon nor do I have an implant yet, but I have done some significant research recently.  Your primary task will be to find a GREAT surgeon.  There are a probably no more than about a dozen in the US.

Needless to say your question is best asked of YOUR surgeon after he examines you and you agree on an implant model.  Generally however you should achieve close to your bpsfl.  You will likely fall a little short of that since implants and rear extenders mean they can't measure out to the nearest millimeter.  Also you may lose a little if you have TOTAL ED because your glands might not engorge with blood after the implant.  The surgeon can only estimate prior to surgery.  Until he slides the measuring rod in the carvernosa he will not know the implant size.

Again, this needs to be a topic of thorough discussion with your doctor since unrealistic expectations are a formula for disappointment.

PS: The AMS 700 LGX is the only model in either of the two brands that gives some contrast between flaccid and erect length when inflated but it probably has a little less girth and is not considered the best implant for a larger than average penis.
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums