Still in pain after 3 months post-op

Previous topic - Next topic

noor

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum and was hoping for some advice on how to manage my pain after my surgery. I had a nesbit procedure around 3 months ago at University College London. The surgery went well and I now have a straight erection. The problem I'm having now is that I still suffer from pain especially after I attempt intercourse. The pain is more of a throbbing pain affecting the whole of the penis but in particular the glans. It would hurt to touch. The pain would last for a few hours to a day and then I still have discomfort when my penis rubs against my clothes or if I shower and the water is directed to that area. When the pain subsides, I would be ok for a few more days and then if I attempt intercourse again, I would go through the whole cycle again.

How long will it take for the pain to completely go away and my penis to go back to how it was pre-op? Do I need to completely abstain from intercourse while I heal up or is there something I can take to manage the pain like some kind of desensitisation cream as I'm guessing its something to do with the nerve endings.

I had a follow up appointment 6 weeks after surgery but it wasn't with my usual consultant. I mentioned that I was still having painful episodes so he made another appointment for me to go back and see them in 6 weeks time to see if the pain is still continuing. I was just wondering if the guys here had any experience on how to deal with the pain and for some reassurance that the pain will eventually go away

Thanks in advance for your help

LWillisjr

After intercourse, do you ahve pain only while erect; or when both erect or flaccid?
Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History

noor

The pain is most notable after intercourse when the penis is flaccid and the pain tends to last for a few hours .