New Person to Forum

Previous topic - Next topic

RayfromRozwell

Where to start?  

This is my first time here.  I have a curved penis.  I have been ashamed of it since I was 14 years old when I became aware of it.  I believe I inherited it, based from information I have gleaned indirectly (and without disclosing my own problem) from family members.  Has it messed up my life?  Well I have never been to prison, so in that respect it has not messed up my life.  But......

With incredible shame I disclose that I am a virgin and I am over 40!  I totally hated that movie 40 year old virgin. :)

I have been unable to develop any close personal relationships with any women.  Though I desire this more than anything in the world.  I have been on a few dates, but I have never really had a girlfriend.  The shame has built through the years to the point I have nearly accepted a total life without intimacy.  How do I disclose this problem to a girl?  Do I just surprise her with it.  A horrible thought.  How do I admit I have been with no one, in all these years?  I mean no one.  It has been a solitary life.  I know I have missed out on so much.  I am glad I have found this forum.  I hope you will not think me crazy.  I am certainly one of the worst procrastinators that has ever been.  I know that I am afraid and I don't know how to overcome my fear.  I hope to find some courage from reading some of your posts on here.  

newguy

You're not alone in allowing penis concerns to push you away from sexual activity. That has happened many a time. You've taken a positive step in confronting these issues by signing up to this forum :).

Being that you noticed this at such a young age, could it be in fact that you have always had a curved penis? It may be that you have congentical curvature (this is correctable by surgery). If you have peyronie's disease there are many options to explore too depending on your condition (how curved in your penis, do you have issues with gaining an erection etc).

If you are able to fix this problem it may be that there is no need to disclose. Or, even if you did disclose it it may be that you have built it up to be something more significant than it is. A friend of mine avoided intimacy because he suffered from Pectus excavatum. He had never showed anyone his chest. I asked him to show me. Eventually he plucked up the courage to and it really wasn't all that bad.

Nobody here thinks you're crazy and hopefully we can help you get to the bottom of these concerns. I'm glad you've joined us.

LWillisjr

Rayfrom Rozwell,
I agree with newguy. You've taken your first step. There is nothing to be ashamed of being a virgin at this point. They main thing is understanding what you have, what stage, and what to do about it.

Many guys think their penis isn't perfect and therefore not usuable. A curved erection is till usable up to a point. So first thing is to determine if you have Peyronies or congenital curvature, then to determine how much of curve you have, then to determine therapy or a course of action.

You also at a minimum should follow up with a urologist that specializes in male sexual function. You are among friends here.

Les
Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History