VED's - Vacuum Erection Devices

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Man

Bob:

Wrote you a PM, so look for it.

Old Man
Age 92. Peyronies Disease at age 24, Peyronies Disease after
stage four radical prostatectomy in 1995, Heart surgery 2004 with three bypasses/three stents.
Three more stents in 2016. Hiatal hernia surgery 2017 with 1/3 stomach reduction. Many other surgeries too.

Mick

Hi All:

Yesterday marks the 3 month anniversay of my beginning the Augusta Proocol.  There have been no changes in flaccid length, erect length, erect girth or angle since my report of April 25  (see reply 164 this thread), so I will not bother to repeat all that information today.  There does seem to be some positive change in the plaque; however, this could be due to my fertile imagination: the width at the base of the shaft appears to still be 3/8" but may be tapering slightly toward the glans where it appears to be narrowing, or breaking up, or in some way becoming less than it was.  Perhaps it's not so thick as it had been.  Since I have completed exactly half the protocol (91 of 182 days), there is ample time to acertain what is actually going on.  In retrospect,  I think that perhaps I should have had a sonogram prior to beginning the protocol, but no sense crying over spilt milk.

In summary, I am very satisfied and upbeat about the whole process, and even if I fail to observe any further improvement, I will be happy with the results.

See ya'll next month.

Respy, Mick

Hawk

WantItStr8

On another thread you mentioned that you just started the Use Fastsize traction device.

Is Levine investigating this specific device?

Did he recommend and protocol?

What are your impressions of the device and its use?  (in terms of ease of use, guidelines for safety etc)
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

Hawk

Once more, Mark our resident researcher comes through with a great link.  It is difficult to adequately express appreciation to members that go the extra mile to help others and improve our presence on the internet.  Thanks Mark!

Mark found this link discussine Dr. L. Levine's interest in the traction device and his plans to test the device.  http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/060605/lam006.html?.v=54

The home page for this device http://www.fastsize.com/?google=p1buy has some less that professional advertising but the issue is - "will it work".

I can see some logical advatage over a VED in that it is the scar tissue that is the shortest link in any longitudinal stretching.  Therefore it would seem to follow that tension would stretch the area directly shortened by Peyronies Disease and not exert stretching on other areas of the penis thus reducing the curve and restoring length.  It also can be applied for much longer periods than a VED without monopolizing the patients full time and attention.  However, the issue is still "will it work"?

wantitstr8

I was aware of the impending trial a couple months ago.  My Uro is Dr. Levine and he mentioned the traction device before I began my VI treatments.  I opted for the injections but have since purchased the traction device on my own.  I cannot participate in the trials because of the VI but the results from the trial in Europe are promising.  If I recall correctly, the results were a significant reduction in plaque size and an average 50% reduction in curvature over the 6 month term of the study.  Dr. Levine said that he does not believe that the device can cause additional injury, if properly used.  I figured I'd give it a try.  He also just put me on Pentox and Arginine.  I also use a VED at his insistence...he is very aggressive in dealing with this problem.  Hard to say that I have gotten substantial results yet, however, the distressing turtle effect seems to be going away.  One potential additional benefit from the device is the hope that it may restore lost length and girth...at least that's what the study seems to indicate...that would be a nice little bonus...

wantitstr8

Hawk-

Sorry, I guess my post didn't really answer some of your questions.  As far as the Fastsize device is concerned it is really not difficult to use, however the study indicated to be effective you really need to use the device for about 8-10 hours per day.  Since I have a lot of freedom at work, this does not really pose a significant problem for me, however, I could see this being a problem for some.  Although the device is not really bulky, it does neccessitate the use of loose clothing...prevents embarassing bulges and uncomfortable binding.  I am still in the "break in" period so I am only wearing the device for about 4 hours per day but you need to remove the device about once per hour...circulation issues.  The general comments I hava heard about the device is that you need to be committed to using it for it to work properly...I could see how that is true since you are constantly aware of having the device in place.  Cost for the device is about $300.00 so it isn't cheap but if this helps my situation I think it will be money well spent.  Basically, you need to make sure that the device will fit your lifestyle and you can make the comittment...of course this is assuming the contraption works in the first place...I'll keep you guys informed.

ComeBacKid

Oh man,

I did not know you had to wear the device for hours at a time, sounds kind of tedious.  How easy does it stay on?  What if you get an erection while wearing it?  Do you have a link to the product from the company by chance?

ComeBackid

wantitstr8

ComeBackid-

Just so you know, I'm not endorsing the product.  I'm using it because it seems to make some sense to me, a limited clinical study showed positive results, my Uro thinks it may be of some benefit, and I have some money to throw at "my little problem".  So far I cannot say that I have seen any positive results...after all it has only been a week.  I say this because I'd hate to see you spend money you might use elsewhere on a device that me be of little or no good.  Having said that, the device is cumbersome, uncomfortable, and difficult to conceal.  However it also is potentially beneficial.  Weighing all those factors I have decided to give it a try.  It is not difficult to put on, however, you need to follow the instructions very carefully to avoid potential damage to your little friend.  By the very nature of the device it will constrict blood flow to the glans...potentially a big problem if steps are not taken to permit circulation on a regular basis.  You can get more information by visiting the Fastsize website.  There are also several other similar devices...jes extender and andro-penis are two of them.  I purchased the Fastsize device because this is the device my Uro is going to use for the clinical trial.

I think this will be a very difficult course of treatment...Having worn this device for 4 hours per day I can see where 8-10 hours per day will be a major undertaking.  I'm going to give it a try and will post any results I get from using the device.

ComeBacKid

Wantitstr8,

Do you have a link to the clinical studies showing it had positive results?

Seems to me like the hardest part will be getting the patients to keep up with wearing it all day, while at work, could prove to be extremely challenging.

Probably much easier to do for college graduates like me who are still unemployed or the retired folk  ;D

wantitstr8

ComeBackid-

I am aware of two studies; one in Spain and one in Italy.  I just did a quick google and came up with the following:

http://www.peyronies-disease-treatment.com/peyroniesscientific-study.htm

You can google a series of words relating to the contraption and find more information.  Dr. Levine is starting his trial soon, and this is the one I am interested in.  I'm not sure how well structured the trials were in Europe, however, these traction devices are classified as approved medical devices...of course so is a tongue depressor and I don't think those can help my situation much.  In any event, do some research and come to your own decisions...make sure you discuss your plan with your Doc and get his blessing before doing anything...

some words to google:  andromedical , danamedic, fastsize, jes extender, traction, peyronies, etc., etc., etc.

Hawk

Wantitstr8,

I think a kilt would make the whole thing much more manageable.  :D

Liam

QuoteI think a kilt would make the whole thing much more manageable.

Unless "Hammer" pants make a come back. ;)
"I don't ask why patients lie, I just assume they all do."
House

j

And please, guys, remember to take it off before you go through airport security.  I would not want to be standing there trying to explain exactly what had just set off the metal detector.

SteveW

Just today the big brown truck delivered my "Ecoextender" traction device.  Looks like good quality, but their manual and website are not as comprehensive as I would like.  But I do have the gadget figured out.  Here's the good part...I ordered it off ebay for $184 buy it now, including shipping.  That's almost half the manufacturer prices you see about...and I like the "comfort strap" on this one better than the "loop" which is what you see often.  So, tomorrow I begin.  Men, I'll keep you posted.

ecoextender.com
20 years of Peyronie's / ED
Tried pills, VED, Verapamil injections, traction, Trimix & more.
Implanted 2/18/21. AMS cx 18cm + 3 RTE. Gay, 67.
Dr Etai Goldenberg, St Lous, MO
Now having lots and lots of wonderful sex!

ComeBacKid

I checked out that webpage, I wasn't to impressed man.  They don't just market that product for Peyronies Disease it seems, they actually claim it can enlarge the penis for anyone.  I think a lot of us have already agreed that the only way you can enlarge your penis with Peyronies Disease is by stretching the plaque out, but normal corpus Cavernosum tissue can't be expanded or so it seems to me.  Even when stretching the plaque, Dr. Carrol was telling me you have to first soften the plaque, trying to stretch a calcified plaque could quickly become a disaster.  I'm very skeptical when it comes to these kinds of equipment and what not.  My urologist at Hershey said if you want to make your penis bigger you can add 1 inch of length for every 35 pounds you lose.

They used to promote jelqing as an "ancient arabic technique," as a way to increase penis size.  For those of you who don't know many of the penis enlargment sites promoted and sold this technique, if you bought their membership they taught you how to do these exercises properly so to say.  Then the owners would get on their live chatrooms and act like regular customers who did the exercises and reported HUGE PENIS GAINS!  I investigated this for years and found it to be a huge scam, in fact one guy operates multiple different penis enlargment sites, and the exercises he promotes you can actually get offline for free.  Anyway these exercises of stretching are dangerous and can mess up your urethra, causing a feeling of having to go to the bathroom all the time.  

I'd be very careful with these devices.  What is Dr. Levines opinion on them before starting the clinical trials, he must have some faith in them if hes doing the trials using them, either that or hes being paid VERY WELL!

ComeBackid

SteveW

I am certainly not buying in to all of their claims, which by the way, are no different than any of the the other traction device / enlargement etc., sites and products.  I am NOT endorsing this particular product over any other.  I was simply trying to contribute to the group and the current topic of traction POSSIBLY being effective to SOME degree.  I don't believe I said this was a cure just that I had found this particular device, not much different from the others being discussed, at a somewhat more reasonable price.  Also, I never stated it was marketed solely as a cure for Peyronie's.  Some Doctors are exploring traction as a possibility.  That is all I intended.  Certainly wasn't intended to over-ride, nor counter any other treatments or opinions, or your expertise ComeBackid.

ComeBacKid

SteveW,

My post wasn't meant to attack you or demean you.  Naturally I'm a skeptic American as I believe it is never good to look at things at face value but try to investigate and find out all I can about products or treatments. My posts are only meant to facilitate more though and thinking about a product.  One side of me actually has some faith in these stretching devices, please don't take my posts so offensively or personally, I hope you have sucessful resuts in the use of your traction device.

ComeBackid

Liam

QuoteDr. Carrol was telling me you have to first soften the plaque, trying to stretch a calcified plaque could quickly become a disaster.

I ordered a traction device yesterday.  I plan to use it after heat therapy to "soften" the plaque.  There are also some supplements out there I am looking into.  You guys are familiar with them so I'm not going to try to post them all.  I decided to try this when wantitstr8 said it helped with the "frightened turtle" effect.  The heat part is borrowed from other posts.

My Dr. has me using a VED to prevent post prostatectomy "shrinkage".  I was doing fine with it until the Peyronie's got worse.  My doc is always telling me to "stretch" it out.  WELL........

I, too, am skeptical.  I was given vitamin E and Potaba (say no more) by an expert in the field.  At this point, I am willing to try anything reasonable.

I also plan to exercise some common sense with this experiment.
House

wantitstr8

ComeBackid-

First of all, the participants in the study had non-calcified plaques.  The ability to stretch calcified tissue would be dubious at best.  The test that Dr. Levine is carrying out seems to be fairly limited at this point, frankly, I doubt whether he would risk his good reputation for several thousand dollars in research compensation from a small commercial interest.  The impression that I got is that the only compensation for the study is free devices.

I don't know if this will work or not.  It makes logical sense to me, my Uro seems to think it may make sense, there has been some documented success in the  past...what the hell...I'll give it a shot.  If I can stabilize my situation and buy some functional time until they come up with a "real" cure for this malady then I will view it as time and money well spent.

wantitstr8

Liam-

Just a couple things:

1.  I also use heat.  Low to medium setting on a heating pad to get the plaques "warmed up" prior to using the device.  I usually do 5-10 minutes on the plaque in the morning taking special care to avoid the scrotum and glans.  I then fit the device and continue with the heating for another 10-15 minutes with the device in place.  I decided to do this after reading some information regarding hyperthermia.
2.  You need to be aware of circulation.  Remove the device for about 5 - 10 minutes every hour and give the the old unit a couple shakes and some massage to get the blood moving again.  My Doc was insistent about this.   Never sleep with the device (although I don't think falling asleep with this thing in place would be possible).  Make sure you talk to your Doc if you have medical conditions that compromise circulation.
3.  Go slow...Yesterday I added about 1/4 inch to the device because it had become looser fitting...but avoid the temptation to add segments too quickly.  Remember we're not the 17 year old kid trying to add a couple inches for our hot date on Saturday night.  I think this is going to be a very slow and tedious process.  The last thing we want to do is cause more damage.
4.  While it may be uncomfortable, from what i've read this thing shouldn't hurt...listen to your body and adjust as necessary.

I've got another appointment later this week with Dr. Levine...I'll post any tips he might have...

Liam

Wantitstr8,

Good advice.  I plan to heat, VED, and stretch.  

You know, it would make the decision to try a traction device (TD) easier if the sellers didn't have such sleazy looking sites.  The babe falling out of her shirt on the video, although nice looking, does not inspire confidence in their scientific expertise.

My VED came from Augusta Medical Systems.  Their site (and support) seem professional.  I wish the same could be said for TD's.
House

ComeBacKid

wantitstr8 ,

Thank you for pointing out the study includes participants with non-calcified plaques, I did not know this or see this listed on any of the posts.  Most people will have some sort of calcification, especially if they've had Peyronies Disease more than two years, and will likely have calcium deposits in different spots.  This would rule out many of us here on the forum it sounds like from restoring lost size, this is an important point.  Dr. Carrol stressed to me that you can't stretch a non-softened plaque, however Old Man has said hes had patients see success using the VED's who had Peyronies Disease for years, it would be hard for their plaques not to be calcified.

Liam- It may be very possible your plaque is calcified and that is why your peyronies disease got worse when you tried the VED on it, Dr. Carrol told me hes seen many people who used the VED without the IONO and came back with worse curves cause they tried to stretch a non- softened plaque.

ComeBackid

Hawk

Guys,  You have a good discussion going here.  I don't know what could make it better.

Wait a minute, what about if you changed the subject headings to reflect what your post is about!  :D

Thanks to those that rembered.

wantitstr8

Hawk-

Only been here for a few days...I'll get it right sooner or later...

Tim468

I have been away and busy for a few days. I am impressed by the thoughtfulness and dedication that you all bring to this topic. I learn more reading here than I do scanning OVID or PUBMED. To me, the traction devices present the benefit of a more prolonged pull on tissue, but the deficit of reduced blood flow to the glans, or the area where the ring "attaches" to the head of the penis. As my plaque extends right up to the head of the penis, I would worry that this would make that part worse for me, while stretching longer the rest of it.

It makes sense that this fibrotic tissue can be made to be longer. I am interested in the improvement in ED - which goes back to questions of either psychology or blood flow in general.

Tim
52, Peyronies Disease for 30 years, upward curve and some new lesions.

SteveW

As stated, I just received my traction device.  First try was not good.  It was uncomfortable, penis kept slipping back through the retainiing ring, which hurt.  No at all impressed, until I used the gauze (which the manufacturer recommended and supplied) and all is better.  Have spent 4 hours in the device in 2 days, and will spend a total of 3 hours with it mounted tonight alone.  It is comfortable, now easy to mount and I can see where the constant tugging might, maybe encourage skin growth and maybe straightening???  I don't expect the traction device to correct the malady or in any way affect the actual (huge mass I have) but if it did serve to somewhat, just maybe reduce the 90 degree curve and prompt my body to grow some skin to correct the dramatic hourglass (wasting) shape of my penis...it just might, maybe be worth a few months experimentation.  Couldn't hurt and my Dr. agrees.  

wantitstr8

SteveW-

I'm not sure which device you purchased but it took me a few days to get used to my Fastsize device (how to put it on, how to take it off, how much tension, how to reduce pinching).  Here are a couple of things that I have learned through research and my own (very brief) experience.  First, the heat seems to help reduce the pulling sensation you sometimes get on the plaque.  I have used heat whenever possible since I got the device and can definately tell a difference between a properly "warmed up" stretch and one that is being done cold.  I abandoned the comfort foam tubes provided with the device...I prefer to call them discomfort tubes.  Instead I now use a strip of gauze wrapped around the silicone tube...greatly improved comfort and holding performance...no more of the slips that I had with the foam.  Avoid the urge to "overstretch" early on...everything I have read says you  need to devote at least 40 hours to getting your little buddy accustomed to the device.  A mild tension has worked best for me during this time.  Take your time putting the device on...make sure you have a good grip on the glans prior to allowing the device to tension...avoids painful pinches.  Go slow taking the device off...especially if you use the "foam discomfort tubes"...have a nasty habit of sticking to the skin.  Make sure you take the 5-10 minute breaks every hour.  By it's very nature the device will limit circulation and none of us want anything falling off.  During the break give the little fella enough massage to insure you have some oxygenated blood back in the glans...personally, I make sure any coldness is gone before I put the device back on.  I have broken my "sessions" into two parts, one in the morning and one in the evening...up to about 3 total hours each session.  Some mild soreness is supposed to be normal, but everything I have read says this should not be painful...personally I have some transient discomfort around the glans after the 3 hours.  Most of this is skin irritation from the silicone tube...I went out and purchased some vitamin E oil and apply it to the skin to keep everything moisturized...seems to be working well.

As far as results are concerned, I have noticed that the distressing "frightened turtle" effect is less pronounced and less frequent.  I do not yet have any quantifiable change in curvature, however, I had some fun with the wife last night and the little guy performed as well, or better, than he has since this distressing little problem started.  Of course I'm not saying this has anything to do with the traction device...I'm throwing everything but the kitchen sink at this problem...but any improvement...even anecdotal...is a big confidence booster.  Good luck and let me know if you stumble across any secrets as you use the device....thanks...

*edited to provide a descriptive title*

Liam

wantitstr8 and stevew,

Thanks for the posts.  I have read around on the subject and yours seems to be the most honest and straight (we hope soon) forward.  I should be getting mine soon and feel ahead of the game.
House

ComeBacKid

While researching the internet I found this article from the top of the line mayo clinic.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/penis/MC00026

"Because pumps draw blood into the penis and make it swell, they're useful in the treatment of impotence.  This may create an illusion of a larger penis, but results are seldom permanent.  Repeated use can damage elastic tissue in the penis, leading to less firm erections."

It will be very interesting to see the published results of the study done by Dr. Levine using these penis extending devices, I don't believe there is any credible doctor who has ever published a study that says these devices or any device can increase the size of ones penis.

ComeBackid

Liam

This is a link to the FDA's page related to VEDs.  I found this warning.  Aggravation of existing medical conditions such as Peyronie's disease, priapism, and urethral strictures .

Notably absent was any mention of damage to elastic tissue leading to less firm erections (Mayo Clinic) unless this is a poor discription of Peyronies Disease.

http://www.fda.gov/cdrh/ode/guidance/1231.html
House

Liam

I also seem to remember Soma-Correct VED was originally marketed for Peyronies Disease.  Now, there is no mention.   Hmmmmm.  Pieces are starting to come together.
House

Old Man

Note to all:

Just finished reading the link posted below pertaining to the FDA regulations/recommendation relative the use of manual and battery powered VEDs.

If one reads this page closely, you will see that the recommendations contained therein are basically what I have been stating all along on the old Peyronies Disease forum as well as this new one about the use of VED for ED/Peyronies Disease.

Also, the recommendations are stated to be just that and are not binding on anyone to comply in the use of VEDs. However, common sense should be brought into play when and if one chooses to use the VED for Peyronies Disease as well as ED. The cautionary notes contained therein relating to further trauma and/or injury are exactly what I have said to any and all about VED use in the past. I have repeatedly stated that if any pain or discomfort exists, stop using the device immediately and determine the cause of these effects.

There are some individuals with certain severe Peyronies Disease symptoms that should not and can not use the VED for Peyronies Disease therapy. So, bottom line, before one starts using a VED for either ED or Peyronies Disease, they should be absolutely certain that it is approved by at least their GP and preferably by their uro. Again, only a good medical quality VED should be used, which is and will be my recommendation for anyone.

Good luck to any all in this regards,

Old Man
Age 92. Peyronies Disease at age 24, Peyronies Disease after
stage four radical prostatectomy in 1995, Heart surgery 2004 with three bypasses/three stents.
Three more stents in 2016. Hiatal hernia surgery 2017 with 1/3 stomach reduction. Many other surgeries too.

SteveW

I have spent a total of 5.5 hrs in the device.  Which "they" refer to as "mounted."  Odd word choice.  BWTH.  So, I thought a few thoughts and comments about my experience so far might be appropriate here:

1)  The "comfort band" isn't.  Don't even bother trying without the gauze or some padding.
2)  The required band tightness at my head is uncomfortable, but not a hindrance to use of the device.
3)  My glans becomes cool and purple (blue?).  Lack of blood flow.  1 Hour stretches probably max right now.
4)  I can't pee while "mounted" in the device.  Too much restriction from the band.
5)  Odd, but my testicles contract.  What's that about?
6)  Wantitstr8 was very right...pre heating made a huge difference this evening.

Wantitstr8...I appreciate your input and look forward to more info and guidance.  Thanks!

Hawk

Quote from: SteveW on June 09, 2006, 09:42:07 PM
5)  Odd, but my testicles contract.  What's that about?

Is this device pulling all the loose skin shared by the testicles?

ComeBacKid

I'm betting that Dr. Levine has bought the theory that the plaque can be stretched and this is why hes involved with the ecoextender trials.  The website claims penis enlargment and market their product for everyone, however I don't think if you have a normal corpus Cavernosum you can stretch that and make it bigger.  Old Man has stated several times the VED's will not make a normal persons penis larger, but it can and will in some cases make your penis bigger and straighter if you have Peyronies Disease.  The fibrous tissue is definately different tissue than the corpus cavernosum which I think it is proven cannot be enlarged.  I did talk to a guy who wore a device on his penis for a few hours everyday and regrew a foreskin for half coverage on his glands, improving his sexual sensation and curing his ED.  The constant force caused the skin cells to divide and grow overtime, seems like the ecoextender could do the same thing.  I buy into the idea of stretching out that plaque permanently, however I just don't like the fact that the website seems to promote the device for anyone looking to enlarge their penis, not just to stretching out plaques for Peyronies Disease patients.  Their calculate your size calculater seems kind of cheesy, and common sense tells us if you can expand your penis, we all wont at the same rate, so to me it seems like rubbrish.  However I am buying into the fact that he plaque can be stretching out and made bigger permanently, I still don't buy into penis enlargment for normal healthy corpus cavernosum and there is not one single study I know by any credible urologist that shows any device can make the penis bigger permanently in a safe manner.  The results of the Levine study should be very interesting

ComeBackid

SteveW

If you don't think the device, process or treatment is suitable.  Don't do it.  Other men may feel it might be worth a try.  So we shouldn't chastize or criticize any other mans attempt or experimentation.  Support?  

Liam

I remember when VEDs were only advertised the way traction devices are today.  Also, of you look at these "penis pills", many have l- arginine.  L-arginine has proven therapeutic benefit as we all know.

My point is we have to hold our noses and look past the hype.  I predict (putting on my Swami hat) more studies on traction devices will pop up showing at least limited benefit.  Then these companies, or new companies, will try to put a professional face on the industry.  The FDA will put guidelines down and prices will go up.

I'm having a curmudgeon moment!  >:(
House

wantitstr8

Look guys...does the traction device enlarge your pecker?  personally I couldn't care less...I'm a little more focused right now on attempting to fix a rather  distressing problem with a funky looking "little friend".  Two  scientific studies (that I'm aware of) in Europe have shown some promise that these devices can reduce existing curvatures that derive from Peyronies Disease.  My Uro, Dr. Levine, a well renowned and well respected Peyronies Disease specialist seems to think these devices warrant a closer look.  Personally, I'm throwing everything I can at this thing...Somacorrect, Pentox, Arginine, Neprinol, Vitamin E, Hyperthermia, Verapimil injections (today was my 5th set), and the Fastsize device.  I pay very little attention to the marketing strategies of these companies...the concept of traction seems to make sense to me...that's all I really care about.  If I end up straighter and the same diminished size I am right now...I'll be fine with that.  If I end up straighter and back to original size, that's even better.  If I end up straighter and bigger, I'm buying their stock.  I don't know if these devices work for penis enlargement...I'm hoping they work to reduce curvatures.

So, the jury is still out...my (very premature) results are encouraging...but it is my opinion is that no reliable objective evidence yet exists that demonstrates their efficacy.  For those adventuresome soles who want to try an uproven treatment...and have some money to throw at it...they may want to consider this option.  Others will think it is hokey and a waste of time and money...of course, they will probably end up being right.  For me, I've got more money than sense and I'm willing to roll the dice that this may prove to be an effective symptomatic treatment of this condition.  I think in 6 months, when Dr. Levine publishes his results we will all have a much better indication of whether these devices can help...of course, I want to be ahead of that curve.

By the way, I spoke to Dr. Levine today and he said the treatment that holds real promise (he mentioned this at my last visit) is in fact the Collagenase treatment.  He said he is currently working together with several doc's to develop the trial protocol.  Looking like the end of this year...

SteveW

Wantitstr8, I agree.  I can afford to buy the device and I am willing to devote the time to give traction a try.  I've been through the Vit E, Virapamil topical, Verapamil injections and the "wait and see, it often resolves itself" prognosis...this just seems to be the next step in my process.  It very well may not work.  BUT, if traction served to only moderately reduce the wasting and curve, by let's say 10%, then I think it worth the effort.  At this stage, I am willing to explore just about any option.  It may very well come to it, but I certainly don't want to consider surgery and a mechanically produced erection to be the only option.  

Liam

Stevew and wantitstr8,

Amen.  If this were sports, we would be Xtreme.  

Why not go out on a limb? That's where the fruit is. - Will Rogers
House

ComeBacKid

Guys,

You are missing my point, I"m thinking out loud trying to encourage critical thought on the devices, if you read my post clearly you will see that I do buy into the idea of stretching the plaque for an increase in size, but I do and will continue to raise some questions about other aspects of the VED and stretchers.  I'm not attacking you, just thinking out loud to get others to post what they think, some people here have good knowledge as doctors or bring great experience with them like Old Man.  Everyones input helps us understand things better.  Also as I stated the fact that Dr. Levine is doing a study makes me believe he must think these devices have some merit in stretching the plaque for straightening or to restore some lost size.  I've only expressed doubt that the devices will restore size in someone without peyronies, all of you guys have peyronies therefore I haven't criticised or expressed doubt in your goals.  Please don't take my posts as personal attacks, this forum is for critical thought and will continue to be used in this manner.  

ComeBackid

wantitstr8

ComeBackid-

I don't think anybody was offended by you questioning the validity of the manufacturers claims about these devices...I know I wasn't.  Quite frankly, they can claim these things will make everybody hang like John Holmes and it wouldn't really bother me.  I only wanted to point out that I am using the device for a completely different reason.  Hell, if there was a scientific study that indicated the problem could be helped by wearing Mickey Mouse ears I'd probably do that too.  Like I said, the jury is still out...we'll know more in about 6 months...

Liam

A double blind study with a controll group receiving a placebo (Minnie Mouse ears).

I think that will out perform vitamin E, also. ;D
House

SteveW

When I spoke to a uro about these types of devices, he was somewhat encouraging.  He said, "give it a shot and let me know."  He doesn't rule out the possible effects of VED's either.  But he said that if I was expecting Traction OR pumping to alter the size and shape of the plaque itself, it was not going to accomplish that.  What these two therapies might do, is to increase the amount of skin and tissue as well as ligaments by stretching them which hopefully, would help compensate for the curve and wasting.  I'm not expecting a 11" penis, but if this experiment served to help the effects of Peyronies Disease at all I'm going for it.  I would just like to have back some of what I used to have.

Edit:  Can we buy mouse ears in bulk?

ComeBacKid

I'm still confused as to how the ecoextender can increase girth, I see how it might if working properly increase the penis in length, but how can it increase in girth?

ComeBackid

SteveW

If a certain part of the body is exposed to a constant, permanent stretch, the cells in that area begin to divide and multiply, thus increasing the tissue mass. Maybe?  

Liam

Got mine today.  Have worn it for about 3 hours (with hourly breaks) so far.  Not too bad.  I think the real test will be how I feel tomorrow.  Will update.
House

SteveW

Liam,
You should feel fine tomorrow.  I have had no lingering ill effects.  Just don't "over stretch" the first times we use it, according to everything I can find on the subject.  Ease of use and comfort level has improved hourly as I learn to mount and use the device.  Good luck.  BTW, I am keeping a detailed spreadsheet of date, time and my impressions for each session.  Could prove useful to someone down the road.

Hawk

Quote from: SteveW on June 10, 2006, 08:29:32 PM
If a certain part of the body is exposed to a constant, permanent stretch, the cells in that area begin to divide and multiply, thus increasing the tissue mass. Maybe?  

In our "Resource Library" the documents on scarring discuss stretching scar tissue (I may have read it elsewhere.  There seem to be some debate on whether stretching burn scar tissue actually increases cell numbers or thins and stretches existing cells.  I am not sure this is a huge issue if it works.

I do recommend you read those reports because they give many tips about dealing with scar tissue.  Stretching is effective but stretching before wound healing actually increases scar tissue.

Liam

Thanks Steve,  I think I'll keep records, too.  I am encouraged by initial use (4 hours).  No real problems.  I've already learned to keep the foreskin out of the noose ;).

Hawk,  off to the library.  Thanks for the heads up.
House