VED's - Vacuum Erection Devices

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Man

Caution note to all about VEDs:

Yes, there are many VEDs on the market by the various makers of "sex toy" stores, over the counter from drug stores and other sources of the same variety.

IMHO, buying these VEDs can and will work just as well as the so called "medical quality" units. However, there is one drawback that most of you are overlooking, and that is the durability of the unit. In my case, I was prescribed the Osbon Esteem manual VED in 1995 shortly after my radical prostatectomy. The surgery was non nerve sparing which left me impotent to the extent of no erections without help. The known pills and the penile injections only gave me more Peyronies Disease symptoms. So, the VED became the weapon of choice for erections for me.

I am not saying that one should buy the VED that I did and use. It does have inserts that can be used to size the cylinder opening to one's physical size to get a good seal. Any unit that has inserts to permit sizing, etc. can be used efficiently. Sizing is one of the most important items to observe in vacuum therapy. Retainer rings used for erections should never, repeat, never be used while doing any vacuum therapy. They are nothing more than a tourniquet to hold the blood in the penis and should NEVER BE LEFT ON DURING SEX LONGER THAN 30 MINUTES BEFORE BEING REMOVED. The three cylinder VEDs also have inserts for sizing and are very good VEDs to use. Cost should not be a factor in getting a device that will work well and give good long term usage.

Now, to sum up my personal observations about purchasing, using and exercising with VEDs. There is an old adage that says "you get what you pay for" and that applies with the purchase of a VED. Durability, warranty, replacement parts and the ease of operation is the main issue when deciding to purchase a VED. If you buy a good unit to begin with, you will have good service for a long time - buy a cheap unit and you will have just that, a cheap unit that won't last.

Now about exercising with the VEDs. Many guys state that they want a vacuum gage to observe the amount of vacuum pulled each time. The best rule of thumb when using any VED is that if you feel any pain or discomfort at any time, you should realize that something is not right and you should find out the cause. Too much vacuum can be felt immediately and also holding the pressure too long can be felt as discomfort, so one should use their common sense about the amount of vacuum used. The gage may or may not give you the protection you are seeking so one must observe caution is using the VED whether or not they have a gage.

Home made VEDs can work just as well as the highest priced "medical quality" units. I have worked with several guys who have made their own units and are having great success with their results. There are posts on this topic that show what one can do with making their own. Take a look at these and PM the maker for help as he has stated he will assist anyone desiring to make their own.

Finally, as I have stated repeatedly on this forum that extreme caution should be observed at all times when using the VED. Use too much vacuum and you will certainly pay for the resulting trauma, I know first hand through trial and error over the past 11 years that I have been using the VED. So, bottom line to any and all, use whatever VED you so desire, but above all, exercise caution in its use.

Regards to all, Old Man
Age 92. Peyronies Disease at age 24, Peyronies Disease after
stage four radical prostatectomy in 1995, Heart surgery 2004 with three bypasses/three stents.
Three more stents in 2016. Hiatal hernia surgery 2017 with 1/3 stomach reduction. Many other surgeries too.

Angus

Quote from: Tim468 on June 19, 2006, 12:15:58 PM
Some random thoughts and a caution regarding the use of a VED:

Anyone else with any thoughts on optimal vacuum pressures to use?

Tim

I use VED's with vacuum gauges, but the dials are set up to reflect inches of vacuum Hg instead of millimeters. 25mm= approximately .98 inches, so your maximum Hg of -150mm= -4.9 inches Hg of vacuum. In an early post I reported a maximum -Hg of 5.0 inches that I never exceed. Exceeding -5.0 inches of vacuum produced the tugging sensations and the beginnings of pain and I immediately backed off and released the vacuum and I never exceed -3.5 to -4 Hg of vacuum. Interesting that our converted (mm to inches) never exceed limits are almost identical. I have found that -2.5 to -3 inches Hg of vacuum does the job and that approaching -4 to-5 inches Hg of vacuum is really unneccessary. -3 Hg is in the comfort zone of not causing pain, tugging or other tell-tale signs of over-pumping. For sage advice about dangers of overpumping I refer those interested to read and re-read Old Mans posts regarding VED use. I continue to use the VED's to help maintain the straightening I experienced over time with their continued use.
  The vacuum gauges I installed simply show a visible reference to the amount of vacuum being produced, and I put them on my VED's to satisfy my curiosity about the actual amount of vacuum being produced. Vacuum gauges are certainly not necessary for VED therapy but do give an interesting visual reference about the amount of negative vacuum pressure being used.

SteveW

Since all of the gauges, pumps and penis' are different, they may serve better as our personal guidelines and markers for progress and activity with each session.  It's not a contest, but I think they are good as individual reference points.
20 years of Peyronie's / ED
Tried pills, VED, Verapamil injections, traction, Trimix & more.
Implanted 2/18/21. AMS cx 18cm + 3 RTE. Gay, 67.
Dr Etai Goldenberg, St Lous, MO
Now having lots and lots of wonderful sex!

ComeBacKid

Liam,

Have you gotten down the use of your traction device by now?  How many hours are you getting in per day?  Any noticeable results?  I believe your using the model used by Dr. Levine right... the fastsize device?

ComeBackid

zigwyth

The only reason(s) that I got an Osbon Esteem manual is because my Urologist fought and appealed to my Ins. co. for a Medical quality VED. This model is what they provided. I do believe in you get what you pay for, however, in this case and in my field,( industrial equipment maintenance), I was prepared to make my own. Good quality acrylic cylinders of different sizes are available, as well as the handpumps, seals, hosing, etc. If your ins. co. will not cover one, then I personnally see no problem making your own.  Extreme caution is advised, as I found first hand that too much lubricate, not installing the insert to begin with,pumping the shuttle until it almost blasted into outerspace, while sucking the family jewels along for the ride, was a slight mistake.  :oThen I looked at the bottom of the box. There was a some paperwork that read"INSTRUCTIONS". ::) Go ahead and laugh your Ass off Old Man!  :D Zig the Twig

Liam

I have gotten used to the traction (to a point).  I caught my foreskin under the noose and now have a blood blister.  I didn't notice it until I used my VED much later.  I felt it sting and then investigated.  I am laying off the VED and traction until it heals.

I bought a cheap model off Ebay (Max Pullr).  After getting it I realize the only real difference is the ability to wear it in the up position.  This one limits to the down position.  If I remember right, it was $55 including shipping.  I will probably invest in a model that allows me to wear it up soon.

I am using heat for 35 minutes while in traction.  I am also using the topical l-arginine in conjunction with the heat.

As for results, without sounding crass, my penis is hanging more like it used to.  Are these results permenant?  Time will tell.  Any plaque reduction, which I do perceive, cannot be quantified.  Because of that, I will not claim that any treatment is helping reduce plaque.  I wish I had a way to measure results because I feel there is improvement.  This is of course is subjective.
"I don't ask why patients lie, I just assume they all do."
House

Old Man

Zig:

No, I did not laugh my head off, but did get a kick out of the way you stated it! If you remember, I have stated all along not to overpump at any time, read the instructions, watch the video, practice cautiously to begin with and never, but never use too much vacuum pressure. Also, be sure that you use the insert(s) that comes with either the Esteem or the Soma Correct. Most all VEDs have a sizing insert. BTW, if anyone who has the Osbon Esteem model VED and the insert that comes with the unit is still too large, a smaller inner insert is available from the current maker of the units. The cost is about $7.50 plus S&H.

You do need to use enough lubricant on the inside of the cylinder and on the penile shaft to provide a good slippery surface, etc. Never let any lubricant get on the scrotum or as you said, the family jewels will take a tight ride up cylinder alley! Ouch, that can hurt!

Take care and Happy Pumping!  Old Man
stage four radical prostatectomy in 1995, Heart surgery 2004 with three bypasses/three stents.
Three more stents in 2016. Hiatal hernia surgery 2017 with 1/3 stomach reduction. Many other surgeries too.

Leopold

Is it possible to use a combination of Levine's device and a VED?  When would be a safe time to start using these devices? I have had Peyronies Disease for a little over a week now, and still have pain with an erection.  

ComeBacKid

Leopold,

I'm not a doctor but only have my own personal experience to use as a baseline for my advice, I"ve had peyronies disease for 7 years now and counting.

If I were you I would start taking the ACL but I don't know if I would necessarily start using a VED until the plaque stabilized, there is no medical studies or evidence on VED's to say when one should start using one or if they even work.  However, on the other side perhaps using the VED a few times per day to achieve erections could prevent the plaque from worsening or spreading and keep it neutralized.  There is no exact answer to your question, as Liam has stated and myself you have to go with what you feel is best after you read all the facts and other peoples experiences.  

I know I definately would not combine a traction device( what Dr. Levine is studying) and a VED, and I believe Old Man has warned against this.  I would do one treatment or the other.

Have you been diagnosed or seen a urologist yet?  Most will just tell you to take vitamin E which has no studies to back it up, or prescribe you potaba which many people report has done nothing.

L Arginine is another pill that people have been talking about lately, I believe it increases bloodflow to the penis.

ACL Info

L- Arginine Info

ComeBackid

Liam

Before you try anything, see a Urologist for a diagnosis.  I don't like going to go to the doc with the rubber glove either, but there are some things worth going about.  It saved my life ;D.

Myself, I use both.  My rationale is they are working in two distinct ways.  

Traction is simply a mechanical stretch hopefully preventing shrinkage.  It seems it may also be used in conjunction with heat therapy.

VED works on the (simply put) hydraulics :).  Getting blood into the penis.  The original VED design for Peyronies Disease had different sized cylinders.  It seemed to force the penis straight(er) while erect.  I have not seen this design in a while and it is not the one I have.  I suspect it has something to do with FDA approval.

I use mine for ED.  Studies show it helps. My uro says to stretch out the Peyronies Disease with the VED.   He does not yet know of the traction device.

Here is a list of the supplements I take.

L-Arginine
L-Carnitine
L-Citrulline
Ginko Biloba
Korean Red Ginsing
DHEA

I cannot show a  direct cause and effect, but, since I have been taking them, significant night time erections have returned as well as some blood flow (not quite an erection) upon arousal.  I will continue to take these :).
House

Hawk

Since we have little in the way of clinical evidence for VED's or traction devices, we clearly have nothing but logic to help us guess if they should be used together.  Unfortunately that logic has to be based on very limited facts and is subject to be flawed.

My potentially flawed logic tells me that the huge advantage of traction is the extended period of time with very gentle stretching.  This is as opposed to a bit more intense stretching by a VED for a drastically shorter time.  Actual stretching time by a VED amounts to no more than 10 minutes out of a 1440 minute day.  That is assuming that you use the VED 3 times per day with a pump and release routine.  If I were a tibesman and wanted to stretch a lip or other body part, I believe constant gentle stretching would prevail over intensified stretching several minutes per day.

The possible advantage of a VED is just a few more minutes of stretching which I see as no more of a threat than using the traction device a bit longer (which is recommended) or using the VED a bit more regularly.  Of course the VED must still be used gently and cautiously.  The VED may also make a contribution to lateral of diameter stretching and it could contribute very minimally to oxygenating the penis in individuals that can never get an erection.

I will once again bore everyone with my thoughts on VED's and oxygenation.  First , Dr. Mulhall says that a VED does absolutely nothing to oxygenate the penis since it draws only oxygen depleted venous blood back into the penis.  Unless the N. O. process is activated by drugs or natural sexual stimulation, the arterial walls are constricted.  When a vacuum is applied it does nothing to cause the relaxed dilation of the arterial walls.  Thus, the vacuum causes the blood to flow back through the far less resistant path of the relaxed, expanded veins.  If Dr. Mulhall is correct in his statement, and unless someone can show evidence that the above explanation is wrong, then we must depend on daytime or nighttime erections for oxygenation.  

For arterial oxygenation purposes, it matters not if the erection is natural or enhanced by an ED drug or trazodone.
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

Leopold

Thanks for the responses. I have not seen a uro yet because I don't have health insurance and don't want to be officially diagnosed until I do get insurance.  I don't see what  a uro can do for me though, from my reading they don't do a thing but tell you what you already know. Not interested in penis injections either. I am taking vitamin E, Acetlyl-L Carnatine, alleve, and waiting on a order of cipro I ordered off the internet. Someone on another forum told me to take that and it might help.

I plan on getting both of the devices above also, I am going to be proactive as I can to fight this condition.  

Old Man

Liam:

Need to add my two cents to your post about the original design of the VED. Don't know where you got your information, but the original design of the VED was only one cylinder. It was designed by a medical assistant in a medical supply house who developed Peyronies Disease and was searching for answers to his problem.

This crude device consisted of only a plastic/glass tube with sizing inserts to fit his penis and a bicycle pump rigged so that it simply pushed a baffle into one cylinder thereby creating a vacuum on the opposite side. Later, it was redesigned into what we have today with single and multiple cylinders, gages, hand pumps, battery powered pumps and other variations, etc.

Do appreciate your comments about the use of VEDs whether or not they or pro or con. In this struggle for help with Peyronies Disease, no stone can be left unturned until some sort of breakthrough is obtained. So any and all comments are welcome.

Regards, Old Man

Liam

Old Man,
Original was a bad choice of words.  I guess I should have said an earlier model.  The sizing inserts are what I tried to describe (not very well).  When I first got mine a year ago, I went to the Augusta Medical site and saw the model designed for Peyronie's.  I went back recently and there is no mention of Peyronies although I think that model is still there (SomaErect-Rxâ„¢ SomaCorrect ®).  I looked it up,copied and pasted :).  I have seen warnings by the FDA not to use VED if you have Peyronies Disease.  Thats why I think the description of the product had to be changed.  This is all speculation.  But , I know there was once a reference to Peyronies Disease on that site and there is no longer.

I always enjoy your posts.  Having a year of experience, I appreciate your insights.  I wish I had found this site a year ago.

Liam
House

ComeBacKid

Oh so the FDA warns against usage of a VED if you have peyronies disease?

ComeBackid

Liam

ComeBackid,

Look at #3: Risks To Health

http://www.fda.gov/cdrh/ode/guidance/1231.html

This does not mean I believe it.
House

Barry

The awesome advantage we have at the PDS is that we are a very active and open forum. This having been said, a lot of information is exchanged regarding Peyronies Disease treatments. However, the final decision to use any treatment is solely the decision of the patient/member. In turn that persons results can be posted and we can use that information to our benifit.

IE: Most of the top uros can't decide what treatment is the "right" treatment, so we have to decide for ourselves what we are willing to do and not, keeping in mind that what worked for me will not necessarily work for another. VED's for example,Old Man is a very dear and long time friend, I have not however taken on a warm and fuzzy feeling to use a VED, although he is the un-disputed VED guru. This decision does not reflect my personal feelings of Old Man, I am just not ready for that treatment yet or maybe never. We must all choose what our personal comfort zones are and act on them where treatments are considered.

Most of all..........we must communicate our actions and thoughts to our fellow sufferers and do so with no shame or regrets. Not one of us asked or wanted to be on this forum but here we are and I am elated that so many have so much to share and I hope that this openess will not only continue but increase as we find our way to speak from our hearts the ebb and flow within us.

I have had Peyronies Disease for 12 very long years and I don't know how I would have managed without your eyes and ears.

Thanks to all for letting me ramble on, and a Special thanks to another dear friend, Hawk, who gave me a place to do so.

Warm Regards,
Barry Farley/aka/PDFTD    

Liam

Barry

Well said!  Nothing more to add.

:)
House

Liam

My earlier post was meant more as indictment of the FDA and the medical community as a whole for not recognizing the already well established use of the VED as a legitimate treatment for Peyronies Disease.  The FDA warning reminded me of the warning on coffee cups, "CONTENTS MAY BE HOT".  ;)  It looks like a case of CYA.

Kinda like throwing out a bunch of acronyms....OK..... ;D
House

Leopold

I put more faith in hands on experience with VED's(oldman etc) than what some desk jockeys at the FDA have to say about it.  

englishsyr

it is time i did something about Peyronies Disease and will be getting a VED machine i dont have Peyronies Disease has bad as a lot here mine looks more like a hour glass then any bad curve so im hoping i have a good chance of getting it to look normal again one can only dream i guess

Hawk

Englishsyr,

It is great you are fighting back.

just a question or two,

Is the thin part of the hourglass at the base or further out out the shaft?

Psychologically, sometime looking at any distortion on our own penis causes enough stress to make one lose an erection, but physically can you maintain an erection or has the Peyronies Disease caused erectile dysfunction?

Is the hour glass severe enough to cause buckling (bending at the constricted section) during sex?

I ask mainly to have some idea if you would use a VED only for treating Peyronies Disease or if you would also use it for a useable erection for sex.  I have significant ED (from prostate surgery) that only partially responds to Viagra and I use a VED for sex more often than not and it works great.  My understanding is that the Augusts model cannot be used for sex because it has no retaining ring.  Old Man could answer that question.
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

Steve

Hawk,

If I can jump in before OldMan replies...the Augusta model (Soma Correct) does ship with retainer rings (a small assortment of sizes and types ship with the unit) so I think that it would be applicable to ED treatment.

Steve
Topical Verapamil,
12 Verapamil shots (ouch!),
Now VED - Too many Weeks,
Still 70 Degrees :(

Old Man

Special note on the Soma:

Yes, it does come with the retainer rings for ED. After it was removed from sales for Peyronies Disease use, Augusta started sales only for ED and they then started including the retainers for ED.

The user has to practice putting them on and off the cylinder though. It takes only a little practice to get as good an erection with it as with any other VED.

Old Man

englishsyr

hawk
    its just like a hour glass its in the middle does not hurt any more it has a very little bend it just looks strange and that plays on my mind a lot in time i will get over it but untill then i will try new things to get it right

roadblock

How many forum members here (that have used a VED for any significant length of time for Peyronies Disease) have experienced an improvement in length/girth that they had previously lost with Peyronies Disease? Obviously, the VED seems to be a very promising and exciting treatment modality, and I'm curious about what the personal experiences of members here have been because I probably trust that feedback here more than any other information out there!

Mick

Today I completed four months of the Soma Correct.  There have been no observable changes during the past month, as was true of month # 3 also (see previous reports, postings #'s 112, 164, and 204 this thread).  I do believe that the placque continues to taper from the 3/8"  at the base of the penis to almost zero at at the glans.  I am still very happy with the protocol, which I have followed exactly, and as I said last month, will consider the exercise a success even if there is no further change.  

Sorry I don't have more to say this month; see ya on July 25th.

Respy, Mick

Old Man

General note:

During the past months, I have received PMs, emails and posts asking about a source of the Osbon Esteem VED in the UK.

The manufacturer, Timm Medical Division of Endocare, Inc. is now posting the source of their company in the UK.

The Internet address is: http://www.osbonerecaid.co.uk/

The above carries my usual caveat about my relationship with this company. I am only a user of this VED and have absolutely no monetary interest in their sales or use other than what it has accomplished for me personally and others whom I have worked with on therapy.

Best to all, Old Man

ComeBacKid

Hey guys,

Just was surfing the web and found this news article talking about Dr. Levine's study hes doing, didn't remember anyone posting it previously, so I thought I'd pass it a long for all to read.

Dr. Levine Article

I found it interesting that the article states these devices have been used successfully in Europe for years, why were they not used here in the United States?

Can these devices increased length and girth if you don't have peyronies disease?

ComeBackid

Old Man

ComeBackid:

Based on the phone conversations that you and I have had about this subject, you know my position about actually increasing the dimensions of one's penis. There are, of course, certain circumstances where the penis can be restored to its original dimensions by various means. There have been such reports by the many web sites dealing with the various devices and methods of increasing ones size. However, when I have asked for clinical proof of their claims by some on the web, none have offered to send any such data.

In the case of the report in your last post, I viewed the article and it appears IMHO to have some merit for a controlled study. However, keep in mind that the article is centered around the company that produces the Fast Size extender and could possibly be what is called self serving.

I will be the first to accept what these devices can do when clinical proof from a controlled blind study of a goodly number of patients is published. The traction and vacuum devices can and will produce results as I personally know, we just need to have a study done and the results furnished. Since the results of what any VED or other device has not been seen and the result that I accomplished cannot be documented we will just press forward, etc.

In the meantime, until that is done, the rest of us just have to keep trying anything that could possibly assist in the Peyronies Disease problem.

Regards, Old Man

Mick

Of course it's self serving; it's not a news article but a "press release."  The difference is important to consider.

Mick

ComeBacKid

Kind of reminds me of the last "press release," I read from this little old prescription place down in San Antonio, Texas.  They claimed to have this topical gel, that would penetrate deep into the tissues of the penis and "remodel" scar tissue into a "healthier tissue."  They claimed it had an efficacy rate of 75% or so, and even had a study to back up their claim...  >:(

ComeBackid

ComeBacKid

I do recall our phone conversations Old Man, you told me that you believe you can restore length and girth at least somewhat in people with peyronies by use of the VED slowly over time, however if I'm correct you said if someone who didn't have peyronies was using the VED you do not believe they can enlarge their penis.  This leads me to believe that you believe the VED can stretch out plaque, but not enlarge or grow more tissue or corpus Cavernosum cells.  My stance on this issue is pretty much with yours.

Does Augusta Medical Systems have any studies showing efficacy on decreasing peyronies bend or enlarging to previous size (plaque stretching) that you know of?  You had told me they are in the middle of a protocol right now, but you mentioned they did some previous studies.  

*On another note I just want to say that Augusta Medical Systems gave me quality customer service, and had one of their representatives contact me to help me get insurance coverage of 70%.  Mike contacted me and guided me the whole way through, and he called my insurance and pinned them down on coverage, I didn't have to do much at all, after battling MEDCO for coverage of TV and being lied to and scammed, and strung out for a month, Mike got my Soma Correct VED covered for me and fought hard for me, I've never had customer service this good ever from any kind of business. I've sent in the necessary paperwork, will be interesting to see if my insurance covers and comes through on their promise now.  I also want to say I don't endorse the Soma Correct and I don't work for Augusta Medical Systems.

ComeBackid

ComeBacKid

There are many sites out thre claiming they can enlarge your penis, my urologist at Hershey said there is no medically proven way to enlarge your penis and surgery is dangerous.  He advised for every 35 pounds of weight lost, you gain one inch of penile length.  I keep seeing this ancient "jelqing" technique on these websites and hand exercises, has anyone else here researched them or know much about them?  To me they seem to have scam written all over them and seem to be nothing more than glorified masterbation.

Another thought I have is if these traction devices have worked so well in europe, why did no one use them before know in the United States?  Hopefully the Dr. Levine study will clear the air in regards to traction devices.

ComeBackid

Old Man

ComeBackid:

You are right, as we discussed on the phone, IMHO, one without any Peyronies Disease symptoms would have little success in gaining increased dimensions through any form of stretching exercises. However, I do believe that they are helpful in restoring lost dimensions due to symptoms of Peyronies Disease. At least in my personal case I know that the VED exercises did restore me to my original dimensions. At present, I show very little if any signs of Peyronies Disease. I use a maintenance exercise schedule now just to keep me healthy "down there".

The only study that I know of at the moment dealing with a three cylinder VED is being done by a urology group in Birmingham, AL. Their protocol has been posted here by Hawk several months ago. It may even be on this topic, (have not looked for it lately as I have it stored in my archives). It is basically the same protocol that the Soma Correct listed when it was marketed for Peyronies Disease. This study should be completed soon and I was assured that the results would be published for review by all.

Glad that you were able to get assistance from Augusta in obtaining your VED. They have always been very considerate to me in any contacts with them. I still believe that the Soma is a very good VED for Peyronies Disease therapy regardless of what the FDA states. Maybe some day the VED will have its day in court.

Regards, Old Man

ComeBacKid

Old Man,

Most of these traction devices are claiming their products will enlarge the man without peyronies disease, so you would disagree with that claim they are making?  They also use one calculator where you can type in your current length and calculate it after so many months using their device(you type in the amount of months).  The problem I have with that is that no two guys have the same exact peyronies plaque, or scar.  You can't generalize how long it will take to stretch one plaque for everyone, and it has yet to be proven by a credible doctor that there is a penis enlargment technique for people without peyronies.  Don't you find it suspcious they are making one generalized claim for everyone?

ComeBackid

Liam

Penis enlargement surgery cuts the suspensory ligament to allow parts of the penis that were "inside" the body to be "outside".  Post surgical therapy involves penis traction (weights) to reduce shrinkage.

http://www.drwhitehead.com/phallo_postop.html

This is just FYI.  Maybe another clue to understanding the traction issue.
House

Old Man

ComeBackid:

I think you are right about the claims made by these web sites, but, who knows? I personally know of no person who has experienced growth of the penis using these devices and/or exercises. The only ones that I know using them only gained what they had lost. I suppose that if one had started using the stretching devices at a very early age during ones youth growing age, gains might be realized. My uro states that she knows of no way gains other back to the original size can be obtained by using any device, etc.

There are reports of men in the tribes of the Malaysian area growing long penises by using stretching devices from youth. The male with the longest penis resulting from this became the head knocker of the tribe. I have seen pictures in the National Geographic magazine of such years ago. Have not seen any lately though.

I really have not opinion about these sites other than we would have to see first hand knowledge and personal testimonies about their results.

Old Man

Old Man

Liam:

Anyone considering having the ligaments cut to gain more length should take a very close look at the results first. Most of the time, when these are cut to gain size, the penis then has no support to hold itself up in a good position to penetrate during sex.

The penis will just hang down in most cases and could present serious problems of all kinds. One or two guys in our cancer support group had this done and once they healed and tried to have sex, their opinion of having it done suddenly went sour. The result was not good at all.

So, bottom line, IMHO, this would be considered "the ultimate last resort" in gaining penile length for me personally.

Old Man

Liam

Old Man,

I completely agree.  It would have to be a pretty desperate situation before I would even consider something like that.

The interesting point to me was that they are using a form of traction.  This is the only time I've heard of any medical professional using traction on the penis.
House

ComeBacKid

Old man is right that cutting the ligament can cause serious problems, mainly being the penis has no stability when erect.  This surgery is way overglorified.  By cutting the ligament you don't gain length from what I've read, just the appearance that your penis is longer because it hangs down lower.  I asked my urologist at Hershey and he said there is no way to enlarge your penis besides cutting the suspensatory ligament which he does not recomend having done.

ComeBackid

Liam

What about the fact they are using a form of traction post-op?  Do you find that interesting?
House

ComeBacKid

Liam,

I do, but remember not everyone who has their suspensatory ligament cut has peyronies disease.  I do think a man with peyronies plaque can see gains from traction usage, but the normal person without peyronies?  I don't know, there are so many questions out there and I'm just asking them, I think it is interesting they are using traction after surgery.  I anxiously await to see Dr. Levines published study on the clinical trials hes currently working on, it should be interesting and maybe clear the air somewhat on this issue.  Liam if you tell me your seeing gains I believe you.

ComeBackid

wantitstr8

I too have seen the claims of penis enlargement through the use of traction devices...personally, I am using the traction device for straightening the curve.  So far, I have seen a significant reduction in curvature (about 15-20 degrees) and I have regained about half the 1 1/4 inches I lost when I got Peyronies Disease.  As far as getting it longer, I don't think I could take the tedium of traction beyond fixing the problem I already have.

Liam

AMEN Wantitstr8.

ComeBackid,
To me, traction is worth it.  I am enjoying just "hanging" again.
House

ComeBacKid

Guys,

I"m glad to hear you guys are seeing positive results, I know that using the traction device is probably very tedious but worth it if you can help the problem. I may be purchasing one in the future, keep us informed on your results as you continue to see them.

ComeBackid

howcanthisbe

wow wantits thats amazing! Its good to see people getting success with VED devices. It seems to me this is the most successful treatment for Peyronies Disease?

wantitstr8

Howcanthisbe-

Just so you know, the traction device is not a VED.  The principle is stretching rather than vacume...the same goal of stretching the tissue but a different mechanism.

ComeBacKid

I'm going to start the Soma Correct therapy for Peyronies Disease.  One question I have is that should I use both black rings that go in the base of the tube, there are two of them and one can be placed inside the other.  Are you supposed to use both or just one of these black rings?

Also when I put on both black cylinder on the side you insert your penis in, opposite the end the hand pump is on there is a small gap between the end of cylinder tube A(which is inserted in B, and C) and the black seal, in other words the end of tube A doesn't touch all the way to the black seal, is this the way its supposed to be set up?

Also is it ok to take the L Arginine while using the Soma Correct for therapy?

ComeBackid

Steve

Hi ComeBackid,
I've been using the Soma for about 1 1/2 months now (no results to speak of in my case yet), and I too noticed the gap between the inner cylinders and the black band.  When I use the B (medium) or the C (large) cylinder, I use the larger black sealing ring.  But whenever I use the A (Smallest) cylinder, if I use only the large ring, I get a pinching in the gap.  If I also use the small ring (a tight fit, but with enough lube, it works) I don't get pinched.  So that's my 2 cents worth.  My only other suggestion is to use LOTS of lube!

Steve
Topical Verapamil,
12 Verapamil shots (ouch!),
Now VED - Too many Weeks,
Still 70 Degrees :(