VED's - Vacuum Erection Devices

Previous topic - Next topic

Liam

"I don't ask why patients lie, I just assume they all do."
House

SteveW

Liam,
Thanks for the link.  Would some of these same stretching-exercise recommendations and conclusions not also apply to our condition?  We can hope.

Don't have the foreskin issue to deal with here...damnit.

But I do have a question Liam and/or any other traction users.  Does your glans turn purple and become very cool to the touch while in the device?  I have to tighten down quite a bit, since I also don't have a large glans or ridge to help.
20 years of Peyronie's / ED
Tried pills, VED, Verapamil injections, traction, Trimix & more.
Implanted 2/18/21. AMS cx 18cm + 3 RTE. Gay, 67.
Dr Etai Goldenberg, St Lous, MO
Now having lots and lots of wonderful sex!

wantitstr8

No offense guys but my unsolicited advice would be to slow down a little.  This is a very long process...jumping in with 4 hours in the rack on the day you receive it seems a bit excessive and potentially dangerous.  I really think you need to take a little time to get accustomed to the device.  Find out what your body will take...make sure you remove the device and get blood flowing.  Cinching the thing down tight enough to turn the glans purple doesn't sound right...it does sound dangerous.  We all have enough problems without aggravating the condition.  Do what you want, but it's taken me two weeks to get to the point where I know enough to use the device for a total of 4 hours per day.  Please go slow...these things can be dangerous!  

Liam

No purple here.  I check periodically.  I noticed the glans was cooler to the touch and readjusted several times.  The stretch I am applying is very minimal at this point.  be that is the reason for no purple.  I had only planned to wear it 2 hours, but had no complications so wore it 3.  I had to attend a wedding.  After the wedding, I came home and used it another hour.  

I also got the topical l-arginine spray.  Just tested a small area for allergy or sensitivity, first on the underside of my arm.  All is fine.  Will post more (under the proper heading) on this subject after I really try it.
House

SteveW

I bought ACE self adhering sports bandage.  Made all the difference.  Don't need to cinch the strap down as tight since the tendancy to slip back through the strap is reduced.  While he still gets a little "cool" to the touch, I am seeing very little color change of my glans.  Now I can even pee with it on!  This seems doable!

Liam

Great idea SteveW.  I have tons of the stuff.  I also thought about lambs wool.
House

SteveW

As of today, 17 hours in traction.  Not too difficult.  Not really painful.  No negative after effects.  40 hours seems to be a benchmark for analysis.  So, in about another week, I'll report more detailed information.  If ya'll wanna' hear it.  I know some are negative and skeptical about this treatment (?), but if it should, maybe on the outside make a difference...it beats the hell out of a surgeon taking a knife to my dick.

ComeBacKid

SteveW,

How does the traction device work when you get erections while wearing it?  It says on the webiste that it expands and just falls off?  I don't understand this if it is already stretching your flaccid penis and tight around the head.  

Do you have to remove it once an hour?  Is it noticeable under like jeans at all?  You can urinate in it?  How many hours per day are you supposed to wear it to get results... 8 hours?

How much size lenght and girth have you lost in flaccid and erect sizes so far since having peyronies?

ComeBackid

SteveW

Quote from: pudder135 on June 13, 2006, 12:05:21 AM
SteveW,

OK, here goes.............

How does the traction device work when you get erections while wearing it?  That has happened while I am wearing it awake.  I don't sleep in the device, so I can say what would happen then, but getting hard while wearing the unit (usually during the mounting process) presents no problems and just presents a stronger feeling of being stretched.

It says on the webiste that it expands and just falls off?  I don't understand this if it is already stretching your flaccid penis and tight around the head. I think they are referring to sleeping in the device.

Do you have to remove it once an hour?  That is the recommended time frame.  But for my 2nd session I wore it 2 hours straight tonight with no ill effects.

Is it noticeable under like jeans at all?  I have not tried to wear the device under clothes and can't imagine that it could be hidden.

You can urinate in it?  Yes, I can pee while wearing the contraption.  

How many hours per day are you supposed to wear it to get results... 8 hours?  Well, my reading suggests 4 hrs per day minimum if you are stretching for the treatment of Peyronie's.

How much size lenght and girth have you lost in flaccid and erect sizes so far since having peyronies?  Erect, I have lost about 1.5" in length and half my girth since the onset.  To give you an idea, erect I measured 6" around at the mid point of my penis prior to Peyronies Disease and 7" or so length wise.  Now, on a good day I am lucky to raise a 6" erection.
ComeBackid

wantitstr8

ComeBackid-

I have now put in about 50 hours in the device...Here is what I have found so far:

1.  Erect length - I have "found" about 1/4 inch of my lost length.  I went from 6.75" down to about 5.5" after getting Peyronies Disease.  After wearing the device for 50 hours I now measure a solid 5.75".
2.  Erections seem to be of better quality.  
3.  Bend has been reduced from about 45 degrees to about 35-40 degrees (some of this is subjective).
4.  No noticeable change in the size of plaques.
5.  Turtle effect is gone.
6.  Everything seems looser and more pliable.
7.  No evident change in Girth, however, better erections seem to "fill" better.

Device is tolerable, not comfortable.  It can be worn under loose fitting clothing, however, you need to have the ability to "adjust" the device quickly (occaisional pinches and slips).  You need to do some skin care daily, I use vitamin E oil.  Currently wearing the device for about 6 hours per day.  I do hourly breaks.  I cannot urinate with the device in  place.

These results are very premature and I expect to spend the next 6 - 12 months in the device to determine how effective it really is.  Also, I'm not sure if these results are permanent or temporary.  I can say that the stretching may be providing some short term results.  Also, I continue a regimen of Pentox, Arginine, Neprinol, Verapimil injections, and vitamin E...so I can't say the results derive from the stretching device.  However, I am encouraged enough to continue the treatment for now.

ComeBacKid

Wantitstr8, SteveW,

Have you guys noticed any side effects?  Have you noticed a feeling to have to urniate while wearing the devices or urinating more often than usual?  

What do you mean in reference to the turtle effect?  I don't know what you mean by this.

ComeBackid

wantitstr8

No side effects yet.  Some transient soreness around the glans...I imagine this is normal from the "grip" of the tubing.  Vitamin E oil seems to dispatch with that overnight.  Some soreness (stretched feeling) in the plaque while I am using the device.  Nothing too severe just a pulling sensation, using heat to start the session really seems to relieve that fairly well.  As far as urination is concerned, it doesn't seem to make me feel like urinating any more frequently than normal.  Regarding your question about the "turtle effect" aka the "frightened turtle effect".  Tap on a turtles shell and watch his head...same thing happened to my pecker when I got Peyronies Disease...rather distressing...glad to see it is now gone.  The little fella is hanging like he used to...I'll take my victories in small steps...

SteveW

I have nothing I would consider negative side effects.  Today makes time "in the rack" at 20 or so hours.  I actually think the little guy enjoys it.  Like wanitstr8, I feel a tugging on the mass itself and my glans is somewhat sore after a session, but nothing severe or lasting.  The retention band which holds the head of my penis is of a curved shape and is almost an inch wide and may serve to improve the comfort level since the restriction is spread over a larger area.  Supposition on my part.  As my mounting skills and degree of tightening has improved, so has my comfort level.  I was working on a project last night, and overshot the hour break by 30 minutes.  Forgot to check the time and felt fine.

SteveW

Wanitstr8 and any other users...
I just went downstairs wear my stretcher and tried a little experiment.  Pulled on boxers and my suit pants, like I normally wear to work.   HA HA HA HA HA !!!  Anyone else have experience wearing their machinery under their clothes?  Like no one would see what was hanging down my leg.  

Hawk

SteveW,

Just make sure it doesn't fall out you pants leg and get kicked across the room as you are walking into a board meeting.  It could sidetrack discussion on the entire agenda  ;D

I apologize for the humor but my mind just sees this a scene from a comedy where someone picks it up, examines it for several seconds, and hands it back with a question and a quzzical stare, as about a dozen business types sit waiting for a response.  There is no doubt in my mind that if it could happen, it would happen to me.  I think I would wear a long shoe string around my ass as a safety belt.

I think I just had the best laugh I have had in weeks.  I think this may have actually happened to me in a former life.

Marked for deletion for humor unbecoming an administrator
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

wantitstr8

Actually, I wear it at work and haven't had any problems (other than investing $100 in some new jeans).  We have a casual office so suits aren't required.  You just need to get the right underwear to keep it securely plastered to the leg.  Also need to make sure you have access to a place to go if you have a moment of "traction urgency"...doesn't happen very often, but when it pinches...you need to get it adjusted quick.  The only drawback I have seen so far is that it is very distracting when you are wearing it.  Also, by the time the hour is up, you are pretty much ready to get it off...caught myself a couple times watching the clock.  I've graduated to a little heavier traction and keeping it on for a full hour takes a little more commitment.  Not sure if I'm going to be able to get to the 1200 grams of traction they suggest.

SteveW

Hawk,
Well, that takes care of my temptation to wear the contraption to work !!!!  

HA
HA
HA
HA

Laugh it up funny guy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SteveW

Wear it under jeans?!?!?!?!  You've got bigger ones than I do!  How the he*l to you sit down???  Are you a masochist?

wantitstr8

How do you sit down?  VERY CAREFULLY!  You need to get really loose jeans and tight stretch boxers...pin that little bugger to the leg and try not to move too much.  Of course driving is the real challenge...need to be real careful and go real slow, cant imagine the reaction of the trauma team when they cut away your pants...wtf is THAT!

Liam

Guys,  I went out in my front yard wearing the device.  It slipped off and out the pants leg.  At  that moment, a female jogger went by.  I was far enough away so it wasn't a problem.  But, it gave me a start.

House

Hawk

Oh brother, and I thought I was making an implausable joke about that happening.  

I have a couple pair of BVD's that look like jockey shorts with legs.  You could maybe call them tight legged boxers but I think if you get that style that they would work.  They form fit the leg pretty tight.

SteveW

against.  Unless the voting and the funny stories change direction...I'm keeping little bent steve in traction AT HOME.   ;D

SteveW

Quote from: Hawk on June 13, 2006, 10:17:37 PM
Oh brother, and I thought I was making an implausable joke about that happening.  

I have a couple pair of BVD's that look like jockey shorts with legs.  You could maybe call them tight legged boxers but I think if you get that style that they would work.  They form fit the leg pretty tight.

And would feel like crap.  Think I'll take to wearing loose basketball shorts to work.  Be comfy with the unit in the unit.  AND, it's been nice knowin' ya'll....cuz' one day of dressing like that and I won't be able to afford broadband anymore.   :-\

ComeBacKid

Guys,

You are all using the ecoextender right?

Did you all get ultrasounds to confirm that you have no plaque calcifications at all?  Someone had previously stated that all the participants in the Dr. Levine study have non calcified plaques, is the theory that if your plaque is calcified the device won't work?  I personally have had my disease for 7 years but don't know if my plaque is calcified or not and wouldn't want to worsen it if I tried the device.  

Any thoughts on this device in regards to plaque calcification and if it still would work or should be tried?  Has Dr. Levine said that your plaque must be non calcified to try?  Wantitstr8, could you ask Dr. Levine about this next time you see him - I think your the person seeing him right?

ComeBackid

SteveW

Quote from: Hawk on June 13, 2006, 11:46:54 PM
I thought they were all using the "Fastsize" model

Nope.  I am wearing the "Ecoextender" right now.  I looked at all the devices I could locate while contemplating this exercise...and they were all just about the same.  I went with the "Eco" because 1) I found a good deal and 2) the tension band (the part that holds your unit in the unit) looked to be more comfortable.  Otherwise, all of these pieces of medievel hardware, are similar and work on the same basic principal.  Given everything I have read, it's six of one and half a dozen of another.  

SteveW

ComeBackid,
Yes I am calcified.  Yes it is confirmed.  
I have repeatedly defined and expressed and answered your questions regarding stretching.  You do not approve nor even consider it a viable treatment.  That is perfectly ok.  But please, I am just trying to convey, share and impart information, experience and thoughts, some of which are emotionally based for what might be to the benefit of the group.  I am not, for the very last time, trying to push, cajole or recommend this treatment to anyone.  OK?

One last time:
I DO NOT EXPECT THE DEVICE TO CORRECT THE PLAQUE ITSELF
IT MAY HOWEVER SERVE TO EXPAND AND PROMPT TISSUE GROWTH AROUND THE PLAQUE
IT MAY HOWEVER SERVE TO REDUCE THE CURVATURE
IT MAY HOWEVER SERVE TO HELP CORRECT THE WASTING
IT MIGHT, MAYBE WHO KNOWS, HELP EVEN SLIGHTLY RECOVER SOME OF MY LOST LENGTH AND GIRTH.

I am NOT advocating the use of this process.  I am NOT recommending it to anyone.  

I DO NOT KNOW, NOR DOES ANYONE ELSE KNOW, FACTUALLY, ABSOLUTELY, BEYOND A SHADOW OF A  DOUBT, WITH MEDICAL ENDORSEMENT AND CERTIFICATION AND ALL CERTAINTY KNOW, GUARANTEE AND CONFIRM BEYOND ALL DISCUSSION AND DOUBT THAT THIS WILL CURE PEYRONIE'S AND MAKE EVERYONES DICK ALL BETTER.  

Please take note that the key words in all of my shared information are "might", "maybe", "hope", etc.  If it offends you so horribly that I am exploring this avenue, I will happily no longer post or share with other afflicted men and will  deny all inquiries and conversations regarding this topic.  

That what you wanted?

Satisfied?

And to answer your next question, YES I am angry at your repeated attacks and negative postings.

ComeBacKid

Wow Dude,

How would you know if I approve or consider it a viable treatment, I'm actually looking into it myself right now.

It does not offend me at all that your exploring this avenue and I never expressed that.  I don't know what post your reading, but you've obviously misread mine.  

None of my posts were attacks or negative, I was simply raising questions for critical thought.  I do believe the possibility of these devices working.

I never accused you of pushing or recommending this treatment to anyone.

Can you not read, I simply posed some questions I asked to see if you knew of the answers, as this is what we do on this forum!

Get yourself together and quit overeacting like a two year old, you've completely misinterpreted my posts.

ComeBackid

SteveW

If you say so.
I have tried.
I have made every attempt to explain.
I have sent PM's in response and answered you publicly.
I leave the rest up to you.

Edit:  and btw ComeBackid, I am not reacting like a 2 year old, as you so eloquently stated.

Gator

My story and comments:

I developed Peyronies Disease 2 years ago at 55.

Tried various treatments.

At first I had a 40-45 degree bend to the left and hour glass effect.

Shrinkage and turtle effect. Now I hang again.

I started using a VED and occasionally a 'stretching' device.

I now have no hour glass effect, but an upward 20 degree bend. The left bend is gone.

I continue to use the VED and started back on the 'stretcher".

I can have intercourse but seem to be more sensitive and 'get off' earlier than before.

Follow the directions........Do Not try and urinate while wearing the device and remove it every hour. I read where someone wore his for three+ hours. Bad move.

Like cooking ribs.......Low and slow.

Good luck.

Liam

I bought the "Maxpullr" off Ebay.  The design is similar.  It cost $55.00 including shipping.  If I stay with this, I will invest in a better one with more bells and whistles.  I figured if i hated it, I would only be out 1/6th of the price of some.  So far no complaints.

BTW, I think I was the one who said I wore it for 3 hours.  But, I did state I took hourly breaks.  I don't think it is a bad idea to restate that point, though.
House

wantitstr8

Just a couple notes:

ComeBackid- I don't know the protocols for Dr. Levine's study regarding calcification.  The European studies all used subjects with non-calcified plaques.  As of my ultrasound about 3 months ago, my plaques were non-calcified.  Levine said I qualified for the trial but did not say anything about whether calcification was one of the parameters he was evaluating.  I opted for the VI and did not participate in the trial.  I have since bought the traction device on my own and begun wearing it.  I have discussed this with Levine and he endorsed the usage...gave me some tips regarding proper use.

Hawk- Levine is using the Fastsize device for his study.  This is the reason I bought this particular device.  As far as I know I am the only one on the board that is using Fastsize.  However, from my investigation, there really isn't a hill of beans of difference between the various contraptions.

Gator-  Can you attribute your improvement to either the VED or the traction device?  or do you think it was a combination of both?  How long did you use the traction device (approximate total hours) to see the improvement?  Did you use or undergo any other treatments?  Any suggestions you might have about usage from your experience?

Thanks...

btw ... some short fuses around here...

zigwyth

I have been reading your posts on the traction device topics. Steve, I know we all appreciate your updates and info as we are all in the same boat and most are willing to try just about anything. I personally don't see anywhere, where ComeBackid is attacking or trying to offend you in anyway. ??? We all have a right to be skeptic or concerned about certain treatments as well as form our own opinion. I suggest taking a deep breath and realize this is very emotional for all of us. We are Brothers here, so please, get a grip :D Anyway, I just received the Osbon esteem in the mail and am waiting on a protocol from Old Man. 8) Peace Out-Zig The Twig

Gator

I used the VED religiously for over 26 weeks and continue to do so 4 to 5 times a week.

I only used the traction device for a couple of months prior to the VED.

I am back using both.

I personally contribute my improvement mainly to the VED.

I do take vitamins.

SteveW

Gator,
Are you sensing more improvement or positive feelings/results from the dual action, now that you are combining VED and traction?  

Gator

Steve, it is too early to say since I just started back on the traction last week.

I have been getting more nocturnal erections lately.

flexor

Some comments to extend the traction theme. I can't quote the sources, but I understood that:

(a) sustained low level traction would cause the fibres in collagen to align themselves, thus stretching and softening the collagen.
(b) sustained low level heating would cause the fibres in collagen to re-align and soften.

It looks as if (a) is the basis for the extenders.

When we first saw the abstract about the hyperthermia, it appeared that (b) was the basis.

However, if you read the full report (in the library),

"a penile applicator with support is used to maintain the penis in an extended position, and to position the thermocouple on the plaque to be treated. The supports are also designed to protect the testicles from electromagnetic wave damage"

Does this mean that the penis is just held straight, or was it under some form of traction? (Note the word 'extended' If so, it may be that the researcher has missed a point. Instead of "hyperthermia is a better treatment than verapamil", maybe is should be "hyperthermia while under traction is a better treatment than verapamil".

Maybe those quys trying the extenders might get a better result if they were to also apply some heat in line with the hyperthermia report.

Liam

Flexor,  Great post.  I am going to reread the article.  I have been using a heating pad while wearing traction when sitting.  I was just trying to save time.  I also use topical l-arginine while in traction.  Come to think of it, I do many things while in traction (4 hous a day).
House

SteveW

Quote from: Liam on June 15, 2006, 04:15:52 PM
Come to think of it, I do many things while in traction (4 hous a day).

Not sure we wanna' know! ;D ;D ;D

Liam

House

hopeful

Gator- my story is similar to yours- now 58- have had for almost 11 months- 35% curve upwards- have been to several so called Peyronies Disease docs- do not trust them- as I felt it was all about money- stil researching IONTOPHORESIS- and am taking enzymes orally and applying a topical enzyme creme-have not been following as I should as I am very depressed-However, I would like to know what VED you are using- and what stretcher device- and where can you buy these.

Thanks,

As I try to remain

Hopeful

hopeful

I would llike to read the report- wher do I find the library??

Hopeful

Old Man

Note to all:

While I have no clinical studies, reports or papers of any kind to support my theory, I will state that one should not use both the traction device and the VED exercises at the same time. Since both afford stretching and/or tension on the penile tissue, using both could cause further damage.

The penile tissue can only stand so much before it breaks, tears or otherwise is damaged. Further damage is not what one needs or wants while trying to get relief from this awful mess called Peyronies Disease. Over stretching can and will lead to further trauma, believe me I know first hand since I did overpump while using the VED in the early stages of my sessions with it.

In my past 52 years plus with dealing with this crazy mess, have gained considerable knowledge of do's and don'ts for therapy and/or treatments.

The above is only my personal observations and is offered only for informational purposes.

Regards to everyone, Old Man
Age 92. Peyronies Disease at age 24, Peyronies Disease after
stage four radical prostatectomy in 1995, Heart surgery 2004 with three bypasses/three stents.
Three more stents in 2016. Hiatal hernia surgery 2017 with 1/3 stomach reduction. Many other surgeries too.

flexor

Hopeful.

Go to Homepage.

Click on Resource Library link.

Click on 'Hyperthermia' link.

Steve

Old Man,

I for one would like to thank you for your experience, knowledge, and experience.  I've been using my VED for a little over a month, and I had my first experience with over-pumping.  Yesterday I got a small (1/8") bruise which could only have been from over-pumping.  Now I know how much is too much.  I'm guessing at your recommendation, but I plan to hold off any further VED treatment until after the bruise has healed.

Again, thanks for your knowledge.

Steve
Topical Verapamil,
12 Verapamil shots (ouch!),
Now VED - Too many Weeks,
Still 70 Degrees :(

Old Man

Steve:

Always glad to add my 2 cents worth. Yes, overpumping can and will cause further trauma. You are wise to let the bruising heal all the way before starting again. Pumping at the time of bruising will only add more and will just take longer to heal.

Again, to all, caution is extremely necessary in any form of VED therapy. Also, in using the VED for erections while using the retainer(s), caution should be observed to only pump enough to get as firm an erection desired, but no more. When the retainer is slid off the cylinder a small amount of added pressure usually follows.

Regards to all, Old Man
Age 92. Peyronies Disease at age 24, Peyronies Disease after
stage four radical prostatectomy in 1995, Heart surgery 2004 with three bypasses/three stents.
Three more stents in 2016. Hiatal hernia surgery 2017 with 1/3 stomach reduction. Many other surgeries too.

englishsyr

ComeBacKid

Englishsyr,

Basically the VED will give you an erection.  For peyronies it seems that conservative use of it over time may stretch the plaque and restore lost size or striaghten out your penis.  Old Man deals with the VED's a lot and perhaps he can post a descriptive summary about it for you on here or you can PM him, hes alwasy willing to help.  They key with the VED's is to take it very slow and if you have ANY pain to stop immediately.  VED treatment for peyronies will not work on everyone and is a slow process.  There is no real scientific evidence to back up VED usage, but Old Man has years of experience with it and is considered credible by most on this forum, and he has stated hes seen people get results with it.  

Dr. Levine in Chicago is doing a study soon with the stretching devices(which are different than VEDs),  we may see more studies being done with the VED, I also believe Old Man told me there is a current study going on with VED's somewhere in the south in Birmingham perhaps?  I don't remember exactly where he said I'm sure he can clarify.

ComeBackid

Tim468

Some random thoughts and a caution regarding the use of a VED:

I shaved around the base of my penis to effect a better seal with the VED. I discovered that so doing *right* before one applies a vacuum can pull an ooze of blood out of the skin where you just shaved. After a LOT of panic, I realized what had happened, and simply now chose to shave/trim at a time that is at least 6 hours different than when I apply the VED. Shaving does help me get a better seal. So too does using a water based lubricant (such as K-Y, astroglide, Aqua Lube, Wet, Foreplay, or Probe, etc) - vaseline is not as good for the skin IMHO.

Second random thought is that there seem to be two different hypotheses regarding the use of a VED. One use is to improve delivery of blood to the area, and by so doing, reduce inflammatory processes that might flourish under local conditions of hypoxia (low oxygen). Since blood is what carries oxygen to tissue, then it makes some sense that "improving" blood flow would improve oxygenation. A second hypothesis seems to be that it can stretch out tissue that is contracted, and thus preserve length or girth.

Obviously, there are no good data in the literature regarding the VED, or that speak directly to either hypothesis. As a doc, I will say that (based on what I have read) if I reviewed a study with such hypotheses in them I would be tempted to table them for further review, as both hypotheses are sort of "hokey", and not very scientific. But then, neither is my personal hypothesis that has kept me going for a long time, which is "Use it or lose it". I think all of the different VED hypotheses are about as sophisticated as that. Of course, who cares, if it works?

Well, I care! I like what I do to make sense, and so for me the "stretching" hypothesis makes a tad more sense physiologically than does the "hypoxia" hypothesis. That too, is why the use of a stretching device may also make sense (ignore all the "stress realigns the collagen" bunk - I think it is a process of simply stretching out contracted tissue.

Finally, a note for those seeking a "medical quality VED". The markup in the medical field is pretty high, in general, and that rule of thumb seems to apply in this realm also. For instance, the electromotor driven vacuum pump system called Osbon Elite, costs about $450+. The hand pump version of it costs about $350. The chief differentiating quality of these devices (from non-medical brands) is that one can slip a rubber tourniquet off of the end of it and onto the base of the penis. This traps the blood in the penis and allows intercourse for the man with ED.

Since the VED "protocol" we have been suggesting here recommends brief and repeated periods of time under vacuum, AND since applying a tourniquet to the base of the penis may cause injury to that constricted tissue, that particular design is not needed IMHO (unless one plans to use it for ED also, and not just for the "Peyronies Disease protocol"). Thus, a cheaper and good quality tube could work just as well.

Here is an example of an overpriced (IMO) unit available through the internet:

http://www.greatmedicalsupplies.com/supply~Timm+Medical+(OB)~erecaid-system-classic-impotence-pump-1101.htm

Here is what I did:

I ordered a cylinder through a better sex toy company (Good Vibrations). It does not allow me to do a graduated diameter program as described in the "VED protocol", but one could achieve that particular goal by ordering 2-3 different diameter cylinders. Each cylinder is about $45 - $60.

I then ordered a hand pump from a scientific supply store (example: http://secure.sciencecompany.com/Vacuum-Pump-with-Pressure-Gauge-P6489C692.aspx )

My total cost (with some misc pump attachment hardware to connect the pump tubing to the cylinder) was less than $100.

I pump to a negative pressure of about 120 - 150 mm Hg vacuum (I think  - I am at work, and figure I'd better not run home to check this out!). That gets me hard and just a little bit more, where I start to feel a tug on the stricture points.

Just my two (or more) cents worth. Anyone else with any thoughts on optimal vacuum pressures to use?

Tim
52, Peyronies Disease for 30 years, upward curve and some new lesions.

Hawk

Tim,

Like you, it drives me crazy not to have a proper explanation on why something would work.  Unlike you, I don't have the medical background thus I am a bit more susceptible to flawed explanations.  

I have always concluded that a vacuum is a vacuum is a vacuum, regardless if the source is a $500 plastic tube with "Medical Quality" in the ad or if it is a piece of pvc and a partner with good suction  :D

For Peyronies Disease, these have to be the only factors:

1. Degree of vacuum - This should be fairly obvious to a cautious/sensible person, so any VED would do.

2. Forming a good seal - Lubricant should solve this with any type seal

3. Durability - A simple unit has less to break and it can be replaced 5 times for the cost of a just one       "medical" unit.

4. Length of time / frequency - These are user controlled and have nothing to do with the model.

Unless I am missing something, this only leaves graduated tubes, that is if you buy into the benefits of that system.  I think that even that system could be duplicated with little effort.

Question for Tim: You say you bought a cylinder.  Was it just a cylinder or was it an inexpensive VED with a cheap pump already attached which you later replaced?  I cannot figure why a vendor would just sell cylinders?

I would also like to refer members to this post by Angus.  Just click on the quote header
Quote from: Angus on April 01, 2006, 11:31:02 PM

Tim468

I bought a "penis pump" cylinder as the vendor was able to seel them individually, or as part of a kit. I now cannot really recall where I got it from - it might have come from one of the "better" companies, like Boston (?) pumps (cannot recall the names right now!). I think it was in the "parts" section.

Tim
52, Peyronies Disease for 30 years, upward curve and some new lesions.