Early symptom? not sure.

Previous topic - Next topic

cobra

Hello,

I was hoping for some feedback on the early diagnosis of Peyronies Disease.  Here is my situation:

47 yr old, with no history of trauma, ED, or pain.

Recently noticed a swelling on the top (dorsal) side of my penis, just woke up and it was there...The swelling is about the size of a half dollar and aside from NO itching, I would have thought it was a hive or other inflammation.  I do not have pain and the swelling itself is not painful or discolored at all.  The swelling appears to be limited to just under the skin and not in the tissue.  The swelling has been present for 4 days.

No curvature, no pain during erection or intercourse.

I have not been taking medication of any sort and cannot think of any allergic reactions to food or other.

I have not been to my GP or Urologist yet, but before I went wanted to see if anyone could provide any feedback on whether or not this is an early symptom of Peyronies Disease.

Thank you.

cowboyfood

cobra,

I suggest you see a physician in any event because the condition has been present for several days. At 47, it's probably always a good time to see a general practioner for many reasons, including the swelling you described.

If you want to see a urologist, you should provide the forum your locality where someone might suggest a urologist that is "up to speed" with Peyronies Disease related symptoms.

You mentioned that the swelling is "not in the tissue."  If that's the case, it's probably not Peyronies Disease.  I just went through a bout of inflamation on the skin on my penis which resolved in about 24 hours.

I think at this point, you should see a physician, probably a general one you've been examined by in the past and take the opportunity to have them do a basic exam for your overall health while you're at it.

Also, try to resist the temptation to "google" yourself into a state of panic instead of seeking an opinion from an appropriate medical professional.

CF
Currently:  L-Arginine (2g), Vit D3)

0x5555

Doctor doctor doctor doctor.

Do not delay.  This forum is great for anecdotal evidence, and sharing stories but it cannot diagnose issues.

The internet is a terrible place for medical information as Google and other web searches only index what is most talked about.  The obscure stuff will not show up and that's why speaking with a doctor who has training in all the weird, obscure things that can go wrong with the body is important.

Make an appointment ASAP and get to see a professional.  You will regret it if it turns out to be something that should be dealt with promptly that has nothing to do with Peyronies.