16 Dot with Dr. Lue - feedback

Previous topic - Next topic

Gap

Hello guys, so I am 33 and I will be going in for a 16 Dot procedure with Dr. Lue. He told me that I'll be straight as an arrow, but that I will lose some length. For you guys that have gone through this procedure, what are your thoughts? How much did you lose? help!
"I can feel it in my hip"

Worried Guy

Hey, do you mind explaining the 16 Dot Procedure?  Thanks

Gap

Here, check out the link. It's probably more helpful than I am. Dr. Lue said I'll be straight, but a little shorter due to lost elasticity. Ugh.
http://williamsurology.com/yahoo_site_admin/assets/docs/lue16dot2002.119141402.pdf

fubar

Gap

Problem with these surgeies is loss! Most of these guys tend to disappear. You can read their stories here.If you have questions about surgery i would contact jackp. He has vast knowledge of surgey procedures and implants.Great guy contact him im sure he will speak with you.

Fubar

Ben

Depending how much lenght you have, and the severity of the curve. If I remember well yours is quite noticeable, and the more curve you have the more lenght you'll loss unfortunately.

As for post op, concern are loss of lenght, loss of sensivity, sometimes ED butit's quite rare in the PDF i've read. All those criterias are depending of how you'll recover. Maybe at 3 months you can use fast size to maximize the results.

I think a good uro is the way to go. For this procedure you'll need the best, and Levine is famous. So don't worry. He know your case and he'll anticipate the result better than we can, talk with him.

Implant is OK if you have curve and ED, but if your penis is functionnal, nesbit procedure (or 16 dot) is better for you.  

Gap

Yes, I am still functional. My curve is pretty bad. Is there anyway to get that length back, even over time? Considering nothing is being cut out it seems like you should be able to do it. Thoughts?

Ben

2 or 3 months post op you might use a traction device. For sure you'll gain some lenght and girth.  

Old Man

gap2117:

You might want to add the VED therapy in the mix of your therapies. It has proven to be of at least some benefit in restoring length and girth.

My personal experience with VED therapy resulted in return of my lost dimensions and maybe a bit more in length. However, VED therapy for this is not an overnight "cure" so to speak. It takes patience and daily use to see the benefits.

Read some of the success stories in the VED board section of the index items on the main forum home page, etc. You will find there is some light at the end of the tunnel with VED usage.

Old Man
Age 92. Peyronies Disease at age 24, Peyronies Disease after
stage four radical prostatectomy in 1995, Heart surgery 2004 with three bypasses/three stents.
Three more stents in 2016. Hiatal hernia surgery 2017 with 1/3 stomach reduction. Many other surgeries too.

Gap

Ugh. Really pretty terrified about the loss, but would love for it to be straight.  

fubar

Gap2117

Any surgey is last resort! Any stretching is good stretching via , ved or traction when used properly.The longer you can stretch that baby the further your length after surgery.So any stretching is better than no stretching.Just keep this in mind when you are idle doing nothing.

Fubar

Gap

Yeah, I doubled my Pentox, per Dr. Lue, and my bend has gotten so much worse. I'm not sure if that's the reason, but it is really alarming. I'm going to start doing the VED only because I have it, but damn it looks awful.  

Iceman

gap2117

1) how long have you had Peyronies Disease - you could still be in acute phase
2) how many pentox were you on before you went to see lue
3) how many pentox are you on now
4) have you tried ved

Gap

Iceman and all, here is a new update. First, as for how long have I had Peyronies: I injured myself almost five years ago, but the symptoms began to present themselves three years ago and have become progressively worse ever since. Second, I was on three Pentox/day for a month or so, but they were killing my stomach, so I stopped. Then, I spoke with Dr. Lue, who sold me on the 16 Dot procedure and then told me to double my Pentox, which I did for two weeks. My Fiancee was gone, so I wasn't worried, and then went to have sex last night and when I got an erection my penis was completely corkscrewed!!!! So it went from a left bend which was bad enough to a left bend and up!! I freaked out and contacted Dr. Lue who said that in 10% of the patients Pentox makes things worse and that because I had this reaction he suggests that I don't come to him for surgery and I go find another urologist. ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!! My penis looks like fusilli and I am being sent on my way??? Not sure what to do now. I am literally nauseous!  

Gap

Going to see Dr. Gelbard on Monday. I am so damn scared. I am only 33, just engaged, and this is no way to live.  

dioporcolorisolvo

Quote from: gap2117 on November 09, 2011, 12:20:48 PM
Iceman and all, here is a new update. First, as for how long have I had Peyronies: I injured myself almost five years ago, but the symptoms began to present themselves three years ago and have become progressively worse ever since. Second, I was on three Pentox/day for a month or so, but they were killing my stomach, so I stopped. Then, I spoke with Dr. Lue, who sold me on the 16 Dot procedure and then told me to double my Pentox, which I did for two weeks. My Fiancee was gone, so I wasn't worried, and then went to have sex last night and when I got an erection my penis was completely corkscrewed!!!! So it went from a left bend which was bad enough to a left bend and up!! I freaked out and contacted Dr. Lue who said that in 10% of the patients Pentox makes things worse and that because I had this reaction he suggests that I don't come to him for surgery and I go find another urologist. ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!! My penis looks like fusilli and I am being sent on my way??? Not sure what to do now. I am literally nauseous!

I didn't know that sometimes pentox worsen things...i'm confused.

Gap

Yeah, apparently 1 in ten. I asked him to let me come in and see him before we started changing things around, but he said no need. Really bad.  :'(

Iceman

gap2117 - try to PM old man regarding VED usage - do it asap!!

Gap

Thank you Iceman. Already on it and got one, now I just need to stay consistent. No more Pentox though, I think I'm the 1 in 10 that it doesn't work on.  

Laddie

I was just reading through this thread and read for the first time that the Pentox can cause a worsening of the curvature. My curve has worsened by nearly 20 degrees since I started Pentox. I am still technically in the acute phase, so perhaps it was a natural progression. But, I am very disheartened to read the Pentox may have contributed. I'm at a 70 percent curve and just saw Dr. Gelbard this week. He suggests surgery (not Nesbit). I hope to not lose much more length (have already lost some), but considering my curve makes intercourse impossible at present, I'd rather be straight and slightly shorter if it means I can use it again. FYI, have been using the VED. I think it's helped regain girth. Will continue using it before and after any surgery I might have.

How did your visit with Gelbard go gap2117? I thought he was very helpful. I like my regular uro, Dr. Kim, but Gelbard seems like the guy in SoCal.