Unsuccessful Xiaflex 10 years ago

Previous topic - Next topic

Cantstopme

Hi all. I have a pretty major dorsal type bend, probably about 45 degrees. I went through Xiaflex injection treatments about 10 years ago and it didn't really do anything at the time so I'm still living with this deformity. However, at the time, I believe maybe the plaque wasn't done developing and that could have been a reason why the treatment was unsuccessful.
Any thoughts or science on that?
Has anyone had a similar experience and then done Xiaflex treatment again with success?
Has there been any new treatment options that actually work in the last 10 years?
TIA

Sebtp1973

Make an appointment with Dr Trost in Utah. I went from huge curve to ramrod straight with his Xiaflex treatment. Many such cases. Search the forum for Trost success stories.  
57 yrs old.
Pre-Trost treatment, 110 composite curve (75 up, 35 left)
Post-Trost xiaflex treatment, 0-15 degree curve.

tsp

Dr Trost has good results with patients who have failed with Xiaflex in the past. While the old Xiaflex protocol was not very effective, it did make the plaques softer, which improves the outcome with the new protocol.
53 years old
Peyronie's onset in 2009, diagnosed in 2021.
Indentation in the left CC near the base.
Lost 5.5 cm, regained 4 with RestoreX
Cause: injury due to wife's vaginismus.

Lostand Looking24

Quote from: Sebtp1973 on March 23, 2024, 07:21:40 PMI went from huge curve to ramrod straight with his Xiaflex treatment.

Did you lose any size afterwards? Not size lost from peyronies itself, but from undergoing the Xiaflex treatment. Judging from your signature you had absolutely incredible results from it, surgery-level straightening results. Trost is a legend.
Symptoms at 22
Diagnosed
Curve to the right that fluctuates between 20-30 degrees and indentation. Indent is exactly where the curve is.
No palpable plaque. When fully erect, the curve sight/indentation is softer than the rest of the erection.

Sebtp1973

Quote from: Lostand Looking24 on March 23, 2024, 10:21:47 PMDid you lose any size afterwards? Not size lost from peyronies itself, but from undergoing the Xiaflex treatment. Judging from your signature you had absolutely incredible results from it, surgery-level straightening results. Trost is a legend.

No length loss. Probably lost a half inch before being straightened, then got that half inch back post straightening. Around 7.5" bone pressed stretched.

Do have a dent tho where the plaque was.  
57 yrs old.
Pre-Trost treatment, 110 composite curve (75 up, 35 left)
Post-Trost xiaflex treatment, 0-15 degree curve.

Lostand Looking24

Quote from: Sebtp1973 on March 24, 2024, 12:11:30 PMNo length loss.

Do have a dent tho where the plaque was.

I would consider that a massive success
Symptoms at 22
Diagnosed
Curve to the right that fluctuates between 20-30 degrees and indentation. Indent is exactly where the curve is.
No palpable plaque. When fully erect, the curve sight/indentation is softer than the rest of the erection.

Pfract

cantstopme: Like others have said, maybe you could reach out to Dr. Landon Trost. https://malefertilityandpeyroniesclinic.com/ He does video consultations on certain states, so maybe you can try that and decide if it's a good option for you to maybe run another course of xiaflex treament. Lot's of people had great succcess due to his protocol.