Help and advice

Previous topic - Next topic

tempy

hello people, 1st post here.

well i unfortunately also have/had congenital curvature with a downward curve and to the right. i had a procedure done about 7 years ago (think it was nesbitt) but have been unhappy with the shape ever since and just recently decided to do something about it again, when i did some google searches and came across this forum.

im willing to travel to the US to get "fixed" by a doctor who is reputable and also has considerable experience with congenital curvature.

in my searches i came across a Dr Alter with some good examples of work he has done. it seems i cant post a link but a quick google search should show some of the examples. has anyone heard of him or can recommend him?

i noticed that Dr Levine has been getting quite a few mentions in the Peyronies Disease section. Is he the best doctor i should be seeing?

thanks

LWillisjr

I've been on this site and posting for a number of years now and I don't know the reference to "CC".
Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History

Skjaldborg

tempy

i edited my 1st post in case there was confusion. its even in the congenital curvature section.

im sure ive seen CC written in some of the other threads.

Skjaldborg

Dr. Lue at UCSF medical center in San Francisco is renowned for his work with treating Peyronie's and other diseases related to male sexual health. I was a patient of his for Peyronie's Disease and not congenital curvature so I'm not familiar with what the treatment options are. Might be worth giving him a call though.

-Skjaldborg

tempy

thanks Skjaldborg, ill have to look up Dr Lue.

i actually had a phone conversation with Dr Levine last week. after talking through my condition, he recommended i use a traction device for a few months to see if any improvements can be made. he doesnt believe a ved will help with my deformity. i was reading through the traction thread and noticed some unpleasant stories so im a little worried with taking the traction route. an operation is possible to be done but with everything there is risks involved and no guarantee i will be straight and happy in the end.

LWillisjr

Just don't over do it with the traction. Anything you do can cause trauma if you get too aggressive with it.
Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History