Modified Nesbit for 70 degree upward curve.

Previous topic - Next topic

frenchsirius

Hi there.
First a little bit of background.
I am in the u.k. and all treatment has been with the NHS.
Around 2 years ago I was in a fairly major cycling incident. The whole of the front of my body from knees upto chest got squished in the impact, although the only major injury at the time was my quad muscle being torn off my knee. After some misdiagnosis I had surgery and gradually recovered over around 6 months. During that time I was on quite a lot of painkillers , which I no longer need.

Around the time of coming off the painkillers April 2022, I noticed I was having painful erections and first noticed a bend in my penis. This worsened over 5 months until it stabilised at the current 70 - 80 degrees. I started doing research and realised what the problem was, probably scar tissue from the accident on the penis which was really bruised at the time of the accident had probably caused Peyronies. I eventually plucked up the courage to see the doctor January this year.  Initially steroid creams were prescribed which did precisely nothing. After a couple of follow up conversations it has been decided that surgery is the only option now. My surgeon in Kent has offered the modified Nesbit and says that can get the bend down to around 30 degrees which would be an improvement. However from reading the forum I understand that for 70 - 80 degree bend Nesbit isn't really the best option.  I do have health insurance but I think they may have dropped both Lue and Nesbit from their approved list and if I go via the NHS they won't touch a previous surgery for 2 years. Don't exactly know my appointment time yet but would value peoples opinion and experience. I am 55 and was sexually active with a happily married wife , this isn't affecting our relationship but sex is all but impossible at the moment.
18 months into this. Upward curve of around 70 to 80 degrees.  Have tried steroid cream to no effect. Injury caused by an accident and then resulting scar tissue. Noticeable ridge and shortening. . Had surgery Jan 2024

Muttley

Hi, I had the Nesbit op for a 70 degree upward bend and 30 degree leftward bend . That was at the end of July in London. I am now as good as straight. There is some loss of sensation on the glans  but I am hoping that this will recover over time .hope that helps.
Late 50s
Nesbit Procedure July 2023 which was successful
Official diagnosis 12/2021: Bend at the end @70 degrees upwards/@35 left

frenchsirius

Hi.
After some delays I had surgery 2 days ago at my local hospital in the uk.
Due to a series of mix ups I didn't meet the surgeon until the day of the operation, which was scheduled for early morning. He discussed the options, and explained that the modified Nesbit procedure was the best option. He also advised in my case a circumcision as I already had quite an excessive amount of foreskin before the accident, even more so after and that due to some shortening that would occur there would likely be even more. I walked into the operating theatre and was talked through the procedure for a general anaesthetic. They calmly put me to sleep. At some point they then must have carried out hair removal and then induced an artificial erection and carried out the operation.
I woke up 2 hours later with a catheter inserted in the recovery room and was told that the operation had gone well. I wasn't in any pain so was taken to a general ward to recover. I ate well at lunch and in the evening. I was encouraged to walk around and that certainly helped. They had given me the equivalent of a surgical athletic support to wear which cover a pad and a dressing.

Day 1 The next morning fairly soon after breakfast the catheter was removed and the dressing kind of came away with it. It was apparent that my penis and scrotum was very swollen, which was mainly the reason for the jock strap I suppose. I have been told to use one for 2 weeks. All my vitals were good not in any pain at all other than just slight soreness.  They told me to drink plenty of water and see if I could urinate. A doctor came and checked that all look well and confirmed that the operation looked like it had gone well. So they let me escape at lunchtime around 24hrs after the op. I walked with my wife to our car and went home.

My early observations are that the foreskin is quite bunched up and my penis doesn't really want to emerge too much . ( I have/had a good length normally) . No erections yet so I can't judge straightness. The follow up appointment is 12 weeks and I have been told to take 2 weeks off work due to the swelling and bruising.
18 months into this. Upward curve of around 70 to 80 degrees.  Have tried steroid cream to no effect. Injury caused by an accident and then resulting scar tissue. Noticeable ridge and shortening. . Had surgery Jan 2024

frenchsirius

Day 2: Not that much to report. No real pain, just a little sore. Still bruising up , mainly round base of penis presumably where the erection was induced, very slight spotting on the pad I have in my underwear but that is normally according to the discharge letter I was given. The original curve was greater than 70 degrees as measured by the surgeon, which makes my original judgement fairly accurate. Will keep you update whatever the outcome , which I am sure will be fine.

ohnoohno

Hope you're all well Frenchsirius.

May I ask, who and where did you get surgery with via the NHS?

I am currently going through the long, long process of this for an implant. Every appointment is months ahead which isn't best for a penis that's crumbling away.

Heal up! Sounds like you're on good track.
29 y/o diagnosed 13 Jun 22.

went from a slight 30dg bend at glans to whole thing being deformed/loss of length over a year.

trying to find a way out of this all

LWillisjr

To the extent you can, avoid erections for a couple of weeks. Did they give you any further post op instructions. I'm a bit surprised they don't want to see you at 4-6 weeks post op.
Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History

frenchsirius

Hi: To answer the previous oHnooHo: I just went to see my G.P., he referred me to Urology at my local hospital. They already knew about my accident and I got seen a bit quicker than normal due to that. It was around a year from the first gp appointment to now. The surgeon I saw was Mr Krishnan and it was with the East Kent NHS trust..

I was told not to shower for 48hrs, to keep the wound as clean as possible after that but just use water at first and avoid leaving any soap on the penis.  Obviously no sex for 6 to 8 week , more like 8 in my case . I'm meant to have a review with my gp but that is most likely going to be by phone.

So 7 days on: Swelling is decreasing and penis is returning to normal length but is still swollen. I obviously try and avoid erections where ever possible but I observed a night time one that woke me up and it appeared straight as an arrow. There is absolutely no pain from the internal stitches at all , much more so from the circumcision.  I can definitely urinate better after the opp. I hadn't realised the pressure the scar tissue had been causing even when flaccid. Will keep you updated maybe once a week or so.

Muttley

Quote from: ohnoohno on January 19, 2024, 02:18:05 PMI am currently going through the long, long process of this for an implant. Every appointment is months ahead which isn't best for a penis that's crumbling away.

Heal up! Sounds like you're on good track.
hi,  Your inbox has been full for quite a while now so I have been unable to reply to your message.
Late 50s
Nesbit Procedure July 2023 which was successful
Official diagnosis 12/2021: Bend at the end @70 degrees upwards/@35 left

frenchsirius

Hi again.
So far all going well, after 4 weeks penis seems to be nice and straight. A little shorter but a bit chunkier than before. Obviously still got a couple or weeks to go before I can test it out but all good.

mal555

Quote from: frenchsirius on February 12, 2024, 04:10:17 AMHi again.
So far all going well, after 4 weeks penis seems to be nice and straight. A little shorter but a bit chunkier than before. Obviously still got a couple or weeks to go before I can test it out but all good.

Hi there, any further updates?  
If you want answers, Please help us by filling in your signature block

Click here for Directions

frenchsirius

Hi
It is now 10 weeks or so since the operation.
Penis is straight , noticeably shorter than it was, I guess I have lost around 1 inch in length when erect , but that is not really any concern. Penis is straight, it remains slightly chunkier than before and has healed well. Wife and I have resumed intercourse, and while there was some mild pain, especially at the time of ejaculation all went well.
So far then mission accomplished. Going from a plus 70 degree bend to no noticeable bend at all with sex all but impossible , can have sex whenever we want with no issues. It feels a little different but I think that is more to do with the circumcision to be honest, as I get much more sensation from the head of the penis now than the shaft. My follow up appointment was pushed back 2 weeks, so will let you know what my surgeon says at that point re my recovery. So in summary , very happy at the moment.

ohnoohno

Quote from: Muttley on February 02, 2024, 12:45:56 PMhi,  Your inbox has been full for quite a while now so I have been unable to reply to your message.

hey muttley, sorry been offline but just removed some messages to free up my space
29 y/o diagnosed 13 Jun 22.

went from a slight 30dg bend at glans to whole thing being deformed/loss of length over a year.

trying to find a way out of this all