Is it time for an implant, or should I continue with a modified sex life?

Previous topic - Next topic

IwillbeatPD

I agree Hawk.

Even though it's tempting to just ride it out until it gets "bad enough", I also would rather not sacrifice my length or girth, or wait around for a sex injury that requires an ER visit. The later being my primary concern as there's currently zero chance I could have sex in some positions. And one simple wrong move and my penis could snap in half. A long penis with hinging is a recipe for disaster IMO. I delayed my follow up with Dr Hakky but will be scheduling a new appointment tomorrow to talk about moving forward with the implant.
Fit 37 year old athlete. Hinging and hourglass began Sep 2022. Tried VED, Restorex, tadalafil with no improvement. Implanted by Dr Hakky 11/28/23 with Titan touch XXL 26 cm no RTE's. Pre op 8.25Lx 5ish G. Post implant: 8.25 L x 5.5 G

Sonic

That's the first time I see a pic of your penis. It is quite some narrowing going on there. You would make a mistake opting for injections, do not delay the inevitable. Dr Perito himself is a well known implant surgeon and he himself says that the only thing that will solve this is an implant. You will only lose more girth the longer you wait.

As I said, Dr Hakky is an absolute expert at its finest when it comes to implants. Make a plan asap to go for the implant surgery.
30 years. Sudden rightwards curve detected in June 2020
Narrowing on right side and about a 20° curve to the right.
ED + instability due to narrowing.

IwillbeatPD

Thanks Sonic!

Scheduled my next appointment to hopefully touch base and get the surgery scheduled. I have a month until the appointment so thag should give me one final test and more time to think. Once I schedule the surgery I'm definitely going through with it so this time will be good anyway.

I've thought so much about this over the last year and have quite literally read every implant journal on here. I have given myself a full year, and more by surgery time. I can say when I do the implant I think I'll have very realistic expectations thanks to this forum and everyone here who's been down that road before.

I also will say I can understand why people hangout here for years without moving forward with an implant. Takes a hell of a lot of courage. I don't WANT an implant, but I don't want a broken dick even more. Maybe you all can relate but I found myself modifying my life as a result of my dick. Before you know it your life revolves around your broken dick versus just fixing it.

I'm still scared to do the surgery, thank God for you all here. But, I'm focused on the end result and hopefully having a great outcome. As you can see in my first pic, I was never really pleased with the appearance of my dick due to the curve. To have a titan give me a thick, hard and straight dick is the goal, and that seems definitely possible with what I've read.  
Fit 37 year old athlete. Hinging and hourglass began Sep 2022. Tried VED, Restorex, tadalafil with no improvement. Implanted by Dr Hakky 11/28/23 with Titan touch XXL 26 cm no RTE's. Pre op 8.25Lx 5ish G. Post implant: 8.25 L x 5.5 G

Hawk

If you decide on an implant, we will make this part of your implant journal.  Why? Because it will be very revealing to others and almost funny to you to experience your total change in attitude.  When you read it, you will wonder what you were waiting for and why you did not do it sooner.  You will be a wealth of information for others in your situation.
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

Sonic

Well done for taking the decision. I understand you fully, that it is very scary procedure etc, but I can say with confidence when you have a surgeon like Dr Hakky there is no need to have those thoughts. His patient satisfaction rate is very high and he is so good at what he does you should actually look forward to it, not be worried.

As Hawk said, once it's all said and done you will ask yourself why the hell you waited so long.
30 years. Sudden rightwards curve detected in June 2020
Narrowing on right side and about a 20° curve to the right.
ED + instability due to narrowing.

IwillbeatPD

Thanks Hawk/Sonic!

I absolutely will create a full journal of my case to help others in anyway I can. You all were a great help to me so I'll certainly be here long after my implant to keep everyone updated and answer any questions.  

jj21

Congrats! I am very happy for you... You made the right choice with Dr Hakky, I had a consult with him from overseas, and even via video, he was able to give me some great insight into my situation. He came off as very knowledgeable, honest, ethical and empathetic. The type of surgeon who will see you through the whole process and strive to give you the best possible outcome.

Keep us updated on your journal, looking forward to reading it!

J
34 Years Old...Peyronies for 4 years. 20 Degree left and upwards curvature, major dents and narrowing, ED.

Implant + Tunica Expansion Procedure, 7th Feb 2023, Titan 22cm +1cm RTE, Partial revision 27th June 23 (fix pump, remove 10ml reservoir).