IMPROPER IMPLANT SIZING

Previous topic - Next topic

jackp

It has come to my attention that some doctors are not properly sizing the LGX (length expanding) implant. They are putting in implants that are shorter than the corpora's. This can lead to problems.

The email I received from a fellow member and the responce from Todd Doran MS PA-C at Vanderbilt are posted on my blog.

When you choose a doctor choose him wisely. A properly implanted length expanding implant does work. I gained back over 90% of my lost length.

Jackp
http://jackp-penileimplant.blogspot.com/

fubar

Jackp

Thank you for bringing this post,  invaluable information.What a nightmare to go through.I suppose this would mean a second surgery to repair and fit the implant.Scary stuff to go through a nightmare surgery twice.My heart goes out to the Guy.May you stay strong amd have the courage to follow with this surgery once you have healed.I am sure that many have had to suffer another surgery.Unfortunate,  but you can do it and recover.

Don't let this setback train wreck you,  your are not finished.Time to soldier up again that's all.

Fubar

jackp

fubar

When I had my IPP in October 2008 at Vanderbilt when I was released from the hospital they gave me a copy of my AMS Patient Information Form (PIF). That showed both my corporal measurements and implant measurements. My My left side was 9.5cm Proximal and 6.5cm distal. My right side was 10cm Proximal and 7cm distal. The reason my left side is shorter than the right is when the local urologist punctured my urethra a year before it left scar tissue. (Clear as Mud?) My LGX cylinders are 15cm with a 1cm rear tip extender on the left and a 2cm rear tip extender on the right. A perfect fit for my corporal size. An erection that stands straight out.

Now almost 3 years later my LGX has expanded almost 20% in length. It took time for that to happen. Some men expand faster than others depending on how well they heal. Dr. Milam told me Monday that with some men expanding continues for 3 years.

Dr. Milam does a lot of revision for men that other doctors did improperly. I asked my local urologist (that sent me to him) why do so many men have to go to him for revisions. He told me that over 80% of doctors that do implants do not have enough experience and get it wrong.

I only live 3.5 hours from Vanderbilt. I know of men that have traveled from all over the world to see him and for an implant or revision. Dr. Milam takes the time to get it right not one of these 10-15 minute wonders that mess a lot of men up.

The testing he did Monday for my BPH and bladder problems took 2 hours. Not the old finger wave. Very through and a very knowledgeable staff. Ann, that did my testing, was very competent and made me feel comfortable during the entire procedure.

Like we say in the Air Conditioning and Heating business. You can buy the best equipment available and use the worst installer and you have a bad job. With great equipment and a great installer you have a great job. Cost a little more, yes, but in the long run you get the comfort you want and save money. I have changed out 100's of systems that were improperly installed and did it right. Great out come, happy customer. Same applies with doctors.

Jackp

LindaSomov

That sounds awful. I will certainly do my research. Husband is going to be going in for surgery...more than likely.  
Linda

jackp

Linda

There is a lot more information on my blog. Feel free to send me an email and I will forward more information to you.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Jackp