Hello all - new to Peyronie's and this forum

Previous topic - Next topic

Threadneedle

I'm a 55 y.o. male living in NYC.

I'm happily married.  I'm in love with my wife, and her body is my female ideal.

I developed Peyronie's about 4 months ago.  I had fractured my penis during sex.  A few weeks later, I noticed that my erection was significantly shorter (2-3") than before, and less girth as well, and I have the hourglass deformity just below the glans.  I can feel a plaque or plaques centrally located in the shaft in this region.  My erection quality is definitely not as good as before.  The tip is curved about 20-30% upward, and I have a big divot on the right side just below the glans.

I have discomfort rather than pain, definitely when I have an erection, but sometimes flaccid as well. Perhaps most people would call it mild to moderate pain.

About a month ago, I saw a urologist specializing in Peyronie's, and he said that my case was still in the acute phase, and thus I'm not yet a candidate for Xiaflex.  He prescribed PTX (100 mg BID) as a first-line treatment.    

I'll see him again in two months, at which point they'll do an erection ultrasound, etc and he would then discuss treatment options with me.  I have pretty good insurance, but it's a high-deductible plan, so most of these early treatments are coming out of pocket.

Here are the treatments I'm doing (for the past month):

PTX 100 mg BID (Rx; improves blood flow and cytokine modulator)
Topical Diclofenac 1% BID (anti-inflammatory)
ALCAR+ALA BID (antioxidant + NO precursor)
Niagen + Pterostilbene (antioxidant & recovery aid; I had taken this before developing Peyronie's)
Arginine/Citrulline 1000mg QD before dinner QD (NO precursor, improves blood flow)
Vit. K-2 as MK-7 100 mg QD (reduces calcium deposition in soft tissue)
CoQ10 100 mg QD (circulatory health)

I've been doing gentle massage of the plaque.
Also, I've been vacuum pumping at least 1x per day for the past month.

These treatments have improved the appearance/shape of my penis, as well as erection quality.  The plaques are possibly a bit softer and smaller, but this is a subjective assessment.  After studying numerous papers on this condition, I'm paying much closer attention to the size & shape of the plaques now, as well as the curvature/divots on my penis.

I've considered GAINSwave treatment (ESWT), but it seems to have mixed reviews, so for the moment I'll stick with what has worked in clinical or observational studies.

Needless to say, this has had a very severe psychological toll on me and my marriage. My wife & I haven't had regular intercourse in over a month, which is a very big deal in my marriage.  I have made certain that she orgasms/gets off (cunnilingus), but I haven't had an orgasm in a month.  I'm afraid of damaging my penis further.

55 y.o. with penile fracture in Dec'22 or Jan'23, palpable plaques, divot + shortening

Treatments:
PTX (Rx), Topical Diclofenac, ALCAR+ALA, Niagen + Pterostilbene, Arginine/Citrulline, Vit. K-2 as MK-7, CoQ10, VED

Trapper

Hi threadtheneedle,

Welcome. I had the same issue hg just below the glans and hourglassing and got the penile implant to correct it. Unfortunately, there are not many good treatments for hourglass there are very limited and xiaflex is not one of them.

I would recommend you search "Hourglass trost" in the forum search bar. You will find a lot of good information there about progression, prognosis, treatment, etc.

33 years old, symptoms started early 20's but never really bothered me until the last two years
Trimix worked well but caused more scarring. 
Titan 24CM XL+ 1 CM RTE'S Dr. Hakky 4/4/23
Hyaluronic acid penis filler by Dr. Hakky June 2023