AMS 700 LGX Implant Questions After Surgery

Previous topic - Next topic

Rodrigo68

Hello all,

I had the implant surgery 3 months ago. My surgeon implanted the AMS 700 LGX 18 cm x 12 mm with 2 cm rear tip extender.

The problem I have is that the glans is soft. My surgeon wasn't able to get the implant into the glans. Now the shaft of my penis get hard but my glans stays soft. I also lost about 3 inches in length.

Has anyone encountered this problem? I have a follow up with my surgeon later this month and would like ideas to get this resolved.

Thanks in advance!
If you want answers, Please help us by filling in your signature block

Click here for Directions

Hawk

I am sorry for the issues you are having.  I really wish you would have posted so we could have been with you as you were starting this journey.

Who was your surgeon Rodrigo, and how many implants does your surgeon do every year?  

Did he say why he could not get them into the glans?

Does the tip of your penis droop down or just remain kind of soft?

You should be able to feel the tips of your implant and they should be at least part way into the glans.

Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

Rodrigo68

Hi,

My surgeon is Dr. Sherman in Edison NJ. I'm unsure of the exact amount of implants performed every year, but I'm sure it is at least a few hundred.

He did explain why it did not go into the glans, but I didn't understand. I will get clarification on my next visit.

The tip doesn't drop down, but it does remain soft.

Pfract

Hey Rodrigo. Sorry to hear that.

Would you consider getting a second opinion from another implant surgeon, even if by videocall?

Stepone

Sorry about your penis.
I would definitely find out what the surgeon says.
If your penis glans did not fill prior to surgery, it will not become engorged after the implant.
Hope you get some answers
StepOne  
Nesbit surgery 2015, 66 years young, Titan Implant 4/25/19, 22cm, Dr. Lentz, Duke University NC

Rodrigo68

Quote from: Pfract on May 03, 2023, 07:11:32 PMHey Rodrigo. Sorry to hear that.

Would you consider getting a second opinion from another implant surgeon, even if by videocall?

Yes, what is the name and contact info of the doctor? I am in NJ. Thanks.

Trapper

Rodrigo try Dr. Eid(NYC) TOP in the world but closer to retirement. Or see Dr. Hakky (ATL), Dr. Clavell (Houston) young surgeons but both are very good.  
33 years old, symptoms started early 20's but never really bothered me until the last two years
Trimix worked well but caused more scarring. 
Titan 24CM XL+ 1 CM RTE'S Dr. Hakky 4/4/23
Hyaluronic acid penis filler by Dr. Hakky June 2023

Stepone

Rodrigo,
I would definitely go to Dr Eid. He is so close and is definitely the platinum of surgeons.
Just to be sure, I understand you.
Was your glans becoming filled prior to surgery?
StepOne  
Nesbit surgery 2015, 66 years young, Titan Implant 4/25/19, 22cm, Dr. Lentz, Duke University NC

Rodrigo68

Hi,

I sent a message to Dr. Eid.

Prior to surgery, my ED was caused by venous leak, so my glans wasn't getting the enough blood supply.

Stepone

Rodrigo,
I am sorry you are going through this.
Sadly implants, in their present design do not engorge the glans.
I googled the problem and I saw that Dr Eid does do a procedure to plump up the glans.
I hope Dr Eid can help you.
StepOne
Glans Penis Bulking and Rejuvenation – Hyaluronic Acid Collagen injections

tomas1

Did you have the "snake eyes" after surgery?

85 years old.
Implanted 01/22/19 by Dr Avila.
18cm AMS 700 CX, 3.5cm RTE 100cc reservoir
Diagnosed with Gleason  6 prostate cancer.
Monitoring it for now.

Hawk

Rodrigo,

I understand that you do not like making long wordy posts but it will take dozens of these short posts to make real progress.  

What makes you certain that your surgeon does hundreds per year as opposed to 10 or 75?

When he tells you why he could not get the implant into the glans, write his answer down or take someone you trust to take notes when he tells you.  Even better is to send a request for your surgical notes.  I did this with Dr. Eid, and it is not uncommon.

You should be able to feel the firm tips of the implant when inflated.  Where are they located???  
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

Rodrigo68

I want to thank everyone that has posted.

I am meeting my doctor next week, and will post updates.

I spoke with Dr Eid's office and they believe that my implant was undersized.

Pfract

Rodrigo:

It was nice of you to let us know you reached out to Dr. Eid's office. Hopefully you will get some answers soon.

Waveboy

Hello rodrigo68
waveboy here
My 1st implant was a AMS and the surgeon in tampa florida said he did hundreds a year. Then he let his residents do the surgery without letting me know and he wasn't in the OR room until the end to sign off for them. They placed mine wrong and undersized me which made me loose 2.5 inches. Sorry you are going through it. I went back for follow up and the doctor said give it time and work with what you have its straight. Pissed me off. I found Dr. Hakky in Atlanta GA and he fixed me, I have a Titan now and I only lost 3/4 of inch from before peronies. I couldn't get to Dr. Eid cause im in florida and insurance wouldn't cover me. But Dr. Hakky is top on my list cause he fixed me and he did surgery himself and is very personal. So my point is dont just go on what that doc says he does each year! Always get 2nd opinion!

50 yo male
Factor 8 Hemophilia
4x inguinal hernia repairs,w/mesh
ED -Meds stopped working.
Peyronies x 2 yrs
AMS 700 CX 21cm w RTE 10/2021/Dr. Rafael Carrion @USF Tampa
Revision 07/2022 Titan XL 24cm no RTE/ Dr. Tariq Hakky@Atlanta Cosmetic Urology

Stepone

Waveboy,
All you said is so true!
Thanks for sharing and glad you are doing well.
By the way, I live in north central Florida now, whereabouts do you live?
StepOne  

Waveboy

50 yo male
Factor 8 Hemophilia
4x inguinal hernia repairs,w/mesh
ED -Meds stopped working.
Peyronies x 2 yrs
AMS 700 CX 21cm w RTE 10/2021/Dr. Rafael Carrion @USF Tampa
Revision 07/2022 Titan XL 24cm no RTE/ Dr. Tariq Hakky@Atlanta Cosmetic Urology