Absence of precum?

Previous topic - Next topic

fellowsupporter

What does it mean if an erection appears to lack precum. For decades I would see a bead of clear fluid at the penile opening. Today after several weeks of zero activity my erection was absent this bead or any fluid ... until actual ejaculation.
Male 64 devoted to wife
11/2022 self-stim incident started scrotal pain
No erection curvature. Pain-free erection/ejac
Sensation of pressure to right of scrotum
NSAID/Tylenol
Uro believes spontaneous
Physical Therapist palpates tight muscle

LWillisjr

When you first achieve an erection, a gland in your body (Google Cowper's gland) will start to excrete semen like fluid. It's purpose is to neutralize any remains of urine in the urethra as this would kill sperm. So in younger guys it is quite common for enough of this fluid to exit the tip of the penis commonly referred to as precum. What a lot of men don't realize is that this also gives sperm a clear path to start the long swimming journey down the urethra as well. Bottom line, during long periods of foreplay this precum can contain sperm. That is why there is NO SUCH THING AS THE WITHDRAWAL METHOD of birth control. I've had spoken with young men over the years who could not understand how their GF became pregnant because they "withdrew before they ejaculated".

To answer your question, as we get older the amount of fluid the prostate and Cowper's gland produces becomes less to the point you may not have any precum show up.
Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History