Question about the use of Restorex

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex83

Hello,

I just acquired the Restorex, I have a curvature to the left and fibrosis on the dorsal side following my surgery, according to Dr Trost I have to pull straight and to the right to avoid pulling on the sutures which are on the dorsal side but I have 2 stupid questions and I did not find the answers on the forum

- When I pull straight, is it ok if the screws are placed on the right side so that I can go directly to the counterbend? Or is it better that the rods are down as on the manual?

- I have my curvature very close to the body and more than 4 in, Trost told me to use only the 30 and 60 degrees bending and that the position of the clamp (there are 3 levels see photo) did not matter, I use position 1 (green), which position do you use For those who are in my case?

Thx ;)  
27 yo

- 01/2020: Nesbit surgery for a 50 degrees downward curvature with Dr.Faix (FR) : bad result

- 12/2022 : Surgery correction with Dr.Gelman US

- Now : Indentation on the left dorsal side with a rotation to the left that appeared, try Restorex

tsp

My plaque is also near the base. I started out exactly as Dr Trost recommends, clamp position 1, 30/60 degree counter bend with gauze. Over time my plaque lengthened/lessened and was no longer bearing much force. Instead all the force was being borne my neurovascular bundle. I then switched to clamp position 3 and 90 degree bend and force is once more being applied to the plaque.

The basic principle is simple - apply force on the plaque without letting the neurovascular bundle or the skin get in the way and take most of the force. Make sure to pull enough skin through the blue base and counterbend/use gauze/adjust clamp position to minimize the force being wasted on the neurovascular bundle. Also start with a straight stretch to lengthen/loosen the neurovascular bundle.

My case is pretty severe - I had lost 5 cm length to Peyronie's and have regained 4 cm so far. It has been a cat and mouse game, rigging the RestoreX differently to account for the changing/improving geometry of my penis.

53 years old
Peyronie's onset in 2009, diagnosed in 2021.
Indentation in the left CC near the base.
Lost 5.5 cm, regained 4 with RestoreX
Cause: injury due to wife's vaginismus.

Alex83

Thank you very much for your answer tsp but in fact when I ask for the position of the clamp, I do not talk about the angle of flexion

I'm talking about the setting on the picture I sent above, you have 3 positions of the clamp: green / pink / blue, knowing that we curvature is quite close to the base, did you modify the initial position which is position 1 (green) or did you modify it?  

I wanted to ask you how you apply the gauze? Do you put it around the penis or only on the right side on the counter curve?

27 yo

- 01/2020: Nesbit surgery for a 50 degrees downward curvature with Dr.Faix (FR) : bad result

- Now : Indentation on the left dorsal side with a rotation to the left that appeared, try Restorex

Alex83

Did you measure the distance between your curvature and the tip of your penis as indicated on the manual?
If so, what is it? Which position do you use (green / pink / blue?)
27 yo