Refraction Period

Previous topic - Next topic

HavanaBrown

i apologize if this question is redundant. Does the refraction period exist after the titan implant? i can't seem to locate any literature on the subject.
If you want answers, Please help us by filling in your signature block

Click here for Directions

Hawk

Actually, it is a good question that I have never seen discussed on the forum.  That is saying something with a quarter of a million posts.  I am not sure how well it has been studied or understood.  I am not certain scientists even know why it occurs.  

The refractory period is the time between orgasm and when a person can feel sexually aroused again.  It is often over-simplified to mean how soon after intercourse before a man can regain an erection, but it is more than that.

The refractory period is driven by psychological, hormonal, and nervous system factors, to name a few. Men with an implant have all the same cycle of refractory that they had before an implant, with one major exception.  They do not lose an erection.  The occurrence of losing interest in sex, ultra sensitivity of the glans, and a wave of tiredness will be the same as it was before the implant, no greater, no less. For most of my life, I had little or no refractory period, which doctors have told me is very rare.  As I got older, that increased some, so even though I do have a short period of refractory, I can keep going right through that.  At this age, I am not sure (minus Peyronies and implant) if I would briefly lose an erection after orgasm now or not. I did not lose erections after orgasm in my 50s.  Obviously, no man ever loses an "erection" with an implant until he decides to deflate.  If I tried now to keep going after two orgasms, I could probably force myself to do it, but it would be totally for her benefit.  It might classify as a work of love, but make no mistake; it would be more work than pleasure.
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

HavanaBrown

thank you hawk. hopefully my urologist sets me on the path toward an implant on the 10th. happy easter.
If you want answers, Please help us by filling in your signature block

Click here for Directions