How reliable is getting revisions by best doctors?

Previous topic - Next topic

ohnoohno

Say if I'm 30 when/if I get an implant and I'm living for decades more, this could be a good handful of revisions it seems, could this be a issue? If everytime I went to say DR EID...

29 y/o diagnosed 13 Jun 22.

went from a slight 30dg bend at glans to whole thing being deformed/loss of length over a year.

trying to find a way out of this all

Hawk

Trust me, Dr. Eid will not be working long enough to do your first revision.  I would trust any doctor on our surgeon's list, although, like everyone, I would have preferences if all of them were available.
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

ohnoohno

Right lol! Well there's that I guess.

So mainly the other ones in the list are:

California
Edward Karpman,  MD.

United Kingdom
Dr. David Ralph

Canada Ontario
Dr. Gerald Brock

North Carolina
Dr Aaron Lentz

Or is there more and I'm looking in wrong place?

[Added by Admin Lwillisjr - I took the liberty to add here to keep the post updated]
Chicago, Il
Lawrence Levine

Is there a rough estimate price for these lots say 10,000-15,000USD?  

went from a slight 30dg bend at glans to whole thing being deformed/loss of length over a year.

TheBoykinLady

I am not sure where you are located but I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Dr. Tariq Hakky in Atlanta GA. He did my husbands revision and is an extremely skilled surgeon. He is also younger, so the chances of him being available for a revision in 10-15 years is good.

My husband is Waveboy if you want to read his journal.
48yo wife of ED and Peyronie's patient with hemophilia (waveboy).
I'm looking for answers but am happy to answer any questions you may have.

Hawk

I have reached out to Dr. Haaky within the last week about including his name on our list.  I just have not heard back from him yet.  Due in part to location and the excellent reports by three forum members, He would likely be my choice if I could not have Dr. Eid.

ohnoohno

Good to hear another one I can add to the list of potentials! Any idea on rough cost range?

Trapper

Quote from: ohnoohno on March 31, 2023, 09:08:05 PMSay if I'm 30 when/if I get an implant and I'm living for decades more, this could be a good handful of revisions it seems, could this be a issue? If everytime I went to say DR EID...

Complication rate for revisions is 3%. I think always always go to a high volume surgeon.
33 years old, symptoms started early 20's but never really bothered me until the last two years
Trimix worked well but caused more scarring. 
Titan 24CM XL+ 1 CM RTE'S Dr. Hakky 4/4/23
Hyaluronic acid penis filler by Dr. Hakky June 2023

Trapper

Quote from: ohnoohno on March 31, 2023, 09:08:05 PMSay if I'm 30 when/if I get an implant and I'm living for decades more, this could be a good handful of revisions it seems, could this be a issue? If everytime I went to say DR EID...

I would be extremely surprised if young guys like us see zero advancement in prosthetics and regenerative medicine. As we speak wake forest is implanting bioengineered corpora's. Also, new Titan will be coming ot shortly.  
33 years old, symptoms started early 20's but never really bothered me until the last two years

ohnoohno

Right! So if I was to get a implant by EID or HAkky for example, I could wait until I need revision (ideally 10 years) and by then would like to think some new advancement in technology means it'll go better than previously.

Man I'm really leaning towards the implant. Just need to source funds then it's a road I'm looking to take. Hope yours going well Trapper

Hawk

Quote from: Trapper on April 07, 2023, 06:04:01 AMComplication rate for revisions is 3%. I think always always go to a high-volume surgeon.

I am not sure where you got the 3% number, but certainly, many surgeons have revision infection rates much higher than that, and many have an infection rate much lower than that.  You need to always ask for the surgeon's personal infection rate.  Don't let them give you industry standards.

Trapper

I apologize to clarify that is what Hakky told me his was.