Suture pop - Following Nesbit procedure for Congenital curve

Previous topic - Next topic

RA17

Hello everyone. First of all this forum has been a good source of info for me both before and after the op so thanks.

My story (short version):

Had a Nesbit procedure operation for a left facing curve of 45 degrees. I had this operation 4 weeks ago. I am in my 20s and erectile function is good. As I say I'm 4 weeks on from the op and this morning I as I had just Wakened, I heard a clear popping sound and felt a kind of pressure at the same time as well at side of plication. A MILD shooting pain accompanied this for about a minute. Obviously concerned I contacted my urologist. He made it clear both before the op and after the op that he used absorbable sutures.. but as I'm in my 20s it would be a very strong material being used to avoid a failed repair. Erections for the first 2 weeks were incredibly painful but thankfully wore off after around 2-3 weeks. Now as I say 4 weeks on when erections haven't been painful this popping sensation happened. Anyway, my surgeon came back to me with the below:

"At nearly 5 weeks I can't really conceptualise a partial suture failure. Don't even know what that means to be honest. I've only ever seen one suture burst and that was day 1.
If your penis is not bruised then highly unlikely to be an issue"

So, what I'm wondering is has anyone that's has undergone surgery for CPC or peyronies had this popping sensation of an absorbable suture? If so then what was the outcome or how did it play out? I should mention the absorbable sutures used have a life of around 6-8 months due to the strong material.

Any help appreciated or direction appreciated.

If you want answers, Please help us by filling in your signature block

Click here for Directions

Suli12

Hello!.
Tonight I had exactly the same experience that you describe.  
I had surgery 3 weeks ago, classic plication in my case, Im also in my 20s and erections are fine.Tonight I was woken up by a snapping sound that I could hear, followed by tingling/mild pain.  Have you felt something similar again?  I'm afraid it will happen again and curvature will come back

RA17

Hey mate. I'm now almost 1 year on from my Nesbit procedure. I never had any problems after suture pop and it never happened again. More residual curvature than I was hoping for since the op. Not sure if the popping sensation had something to do with this. Far from delighted with the outcome but all in all I'm glad I got it done as it's definitely better. It's just you know yourself when you go through what is a nightmare of an op for a man and everything that goes with it you hope it has the perfect outcome. Suppose that's life. Will keep an eye on it and hopefully stays the way it is as I can live with it. Let me know how you are getting on if you see this, cheers.