Modification Requests - Defaults for Notifications

Previous topic - Next topic

gsc55

Currently, the default setting for notifications of posts made by the person posting is set to not send any notification of replies. On many other forums, notifications are set to send an email reply by default.
I'm guessing that there are many others, like me, that did not go into the profile settings for notifications to change the default to 'send notifications'.

Thank you for your consideration of this modification.

ED & Peyronies Disease. Diagnosed by urologist of Peyronie's disease, Sep 2021. Problems started Nov 2020. Significant left curve @ 90°.
Feb 2023 - 1st appointment at Morganstern Urology clinic in Atlanta, GA

LWillisjr

Thanks for the input. We did a pretty major upgrade recently and many of the defaults have been changed by the developers of the forum software. But I will check if this default can be changed. Your suggestion seems more logical.

UPDATE: I believe I have the default change to send an email now.
Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History

Hawk

I do NOT think the default should be to send an email notification.  I wish everyone wanted that, but many members have been upset when an email came in from the Peyronies Forum because they had a shared email account and felt their privacy had been compromised.  I could argue that they should get a second email address for the forum or several other options, BUT many struggle with technology, and I think it is best to err on the side of respecting privacy.
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

LWillisjr

Actually I double checked this. I only changed the 'default' for my own personal profile under notifications. I don't know if the forum default can be changed or not. But I agree with Hawk it should be up to the individual to choose this and leave the default as is with no email notification.

Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History