Please help me with some advice, I believe I have Peyronies

Previous topic - Next topic

LookingForAssistance

Hello Everyone,

First of all, I'm super glad I found this forum. I know it is better to put specific questions in the subtopics, and I promise to make other posts so the information can be more easily searched. But for now, please allow me to make 1 bigger post where I can explain my overall situation and why I need some advice/assistance

Age? 28 almost 29

What did your medical doctor conclude?
I haven't been able to see an urologist yet

How long have you had symptoms?
I am not sure but I want to say at least 1 year to 1.5 years

What are your symptoms?
I feel lumps inside my shaft, they are kinda hard -- at first I didn't think much of it, but now I am starting to believe they are Peyronies. Specially because my penis seems to be shorter and I definitely lost some girth at specific places. I will post pictures

What treatments have you tried and what were the results?
Nothing yet, this is where I would like to get some assistance. I have a couple of ideas and I will share below

Do you have insurance or means to get medical treatment?
I have Sunlife but I am not sure what it will cover, getting a Urologist appt is a long wait

Where are you in dealing with the psychological aspects of Peyronies Disease?
Stressing out, somewhat losing hope after just seeing negative after negative post and experiences, I just want to have my penis the way it was before...

Are you in a relationship?
Yes married, I can get erections and have sex no problem although I have been feeling sore sometimes, I have felt some pain in the past when doing doggy for example

Main Reason for my post and signing up
I have not yet confirmed 100% I have Peyronies, I only searched online and I am on a MANY MONTHS wait list to see an urologist. Just the way it works in Canada

I feel 1 "bigger" lump inside the shaft of my penis on the right side, and I feel smaller lumps on the left side (at least 1 but feels like more, its hard to tell). Overall they don't hurt but they can be a bit sensitive, specially if I am trying to dig in there and feel them

My penis doesn't bend like a banana or anything like that, it's a bit angled to the right side but I feel like its been that way for a long time, so I am not sure if that is congenital or an issue of its own. That part doesn't really concern me all that much. The main concern for me is the sudden change in the shape and length/girth.

What am I currently doing?
After searching for "Peyronies treatment near me" I only came across clinics providing Shockwave Therapy, I went to a consultation with this gentleman called George Foty and he quoted me $1500 for 6 sessions using a machine called Medispec ED1000

I am also on a wait list to see an urologist and hopefully discuss my situation, see if I can get a scan or something to confirm if what I have is Peyronies and best next steps. However I could be waiting for 5+ months

I'm also buying all of the oral stuff I can without a prescription (Vitamin D, Vitamin E, Omega 3 Fish Oil, eating 10g ginger root every day) starting this week

Pictures and my thoughts
THE LUMPS sit halfway from the base to the head of my penis, so right about the middle.
Please let me know what you guys think, but in my opinion the before pictures show a more full and end-to-end uniform erection, my girth was mostly the same from base to tip. In the after pictures, you can see the penis becomes more narrow after the halfway point which is right around where I feel the lumps :(

What do you guys think would be the best course of action in my situation?
- Wait and see?
- Should I do nothing until I get a scan or some true confirmation that I have Peyronies from an urologist?
- Get a Traction Device or a Pump? Or should I get both?

My understanding is that a traction device helps with getting length back but a pump may help with getting the girth back and pushing blood into the "hard to get" areas, thus hopefully kicking my body to do some healing on the scar/plaque/lump or w/e is in my shaft (I'm really interested in the pros and cons of each and your experiences, please let me know if you think I should get one over the other, both or neither)

- I know people here are skeptical of ESWT and honestly I am too, but in my case (see pictures attached) do you guys think it is a total waste of time or worth the shot?
- I'm trying to decide if its worth doing the shockwave alone, the devices alone, or do both and just throw everything and the kitchen sink at the problem?

RestoreX + SOMA Pump would be around $1100 where I am, the shockwave is quoted at 1500 for 6 sessions
If I do Shockwave + devices I would be spending around $2600

In my research I saw RestoreX came up a couple times here in the forum. Do you guys think RestoreX would be good for me since I don't really have a bend in any direction? If not should I go for another model? I asked RestoreX support in their website and got a non answer / brochure copy pasta...

I feel dumb waiting this long, I just wanna make sure I don't commit more mistakes
I just wanna get this stupid lump gone and have my penis be full and same girth end-to-end like it was in the before pictures

Sorry for the wall of text. I am honestly a bit freaked out and I never thought I'd be posting of pictures of my shlong online. But here I am... please help!!

Regards
28 years. At least 2 lumps. one each side.
Narrowing after lump spots (lumps are in the middle of the penis, and the narrowing goes up to the tip)
No erection problems but some soreness and overall smaller dimensions

gsc55

First, welcome to the forum. You are not alone with this disease and are in good company.
I'm sorry you are dealing with this problem; especially at so young an age. I am no expert or guru on PyD as I am about to start a treatment myself but, until an ultrasound is done, and my blood work is evaluated, I don't know yet what the protocols will be. My ultrasound is in 2 weeks.

From your detailed description and the pictures you provided, I would say it is accurate to believe you have Peyronie's Disease, albeit without a Dr's confirmation. As far as treatments, you mentioned several that may indeed help you with your condition. In my case, I have a very pronounced left curvature at around 90 degrees. If I had to guess after doing more and more research, I may opt for plication (a couple of incisions on the opposite side of my curve where they pull sutures together to remove the curve and straighten it out). The downside is a reduction in size, which I already have from the plaque.

With regard to the plaque in the penis, I'm pretty confident in saying that it will never be fully removed. On a personal level, I would never opt for the surgery to remove it, or most of it, as the complications can be severe due to all the nerves, blood vessels, the tunica, etc., that could be damaged. Also, with any operation, there would be scar tissue. That would likely cause another set of problems.

You will hear from the community here that there is no silver bullet to "cure" PyD. In most cases, a combination of treatments will probably be used. There is hope so, very importantly, don't lose hope. Include your wife in on all of this as there is nothing like getting the support from your spouse, as I've done. She came with me to my initial appointment with the urologist to hear all he had to say on potential treatments, next steps, etc. Another set of ears is really important as there is a lot of information that is discussed.

I'll tell you what I was told; this is not a short race; it is a marathon. Patience is key here.

Good luck! Keep us posted on your progress.  
ED & Peyronies Disease. Diagnosed by urologist of Peyronie's disease, Sep 2021. Problems started Nov 2020. Significant left curve @ 90°.
Feb 2023 - 1st appointment at Morganstern Urology clinic in Atlanta, GA

LWillisjr

Don't assume you have Peyronies!! There is a bit of confusion over the current definition and symptoms of Peyronies disease. Just lumps alone does not define Peyronies disease. And your erection looks completely normal from the pictures provided.
Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History

Sonic

Very clear on the before vs current pics that there is quite a significant loss of girth in the top half of the shaft. Even the head has become smaller. Only thing that can cause this is scar tissue so therefore it is Peyronies.

I have also suffered volume loss all over the penis, it's called narrowing/hourglass/indentations and generally speaking these particular symptoms are very difficult to treat.

Shockwave treatment will do pretty much nothing so be warned that it's just waste of money.
30 years. Sudden rightwards curve detected in June 2020
Narrowing on right side and about a 20° curve to the right.
ED + instability due to narrowing.

LookingForAssistance

Quote from: LWillisjr on March 08, 2023, 11:31:27 AMDon't assume you have Peyronies!! There is a bit of confusion over the current definition and symptoms of Peyronies disease. Just lumps alone does not define Peyronies disease. And your erection looks completely normal from the pictures provided.

Hi LWillisjr, do you believe the before and after look normal? I ask because I feel like there is a lot of difference.

Are there other conditions besides Peyronies that could make such a chance on my penis shape? I want to be open minded, please let me know if you know of another condition that I should look into.

Hopefully I get to see an urologist soon.
Narrowing after lump spots (lumps are in the middle of the penis, and the narrowing goes up to the tip)

LWillisjr

I see the narrowing towards the head in the after pictures. It is interesting that it is a gradual narrowing and not an abrupt narrowing. I don't agree completely with Sonic's statement below. Some would argue that originally Peyronies was defined as a curved erection. If (and I say if) the narrowing is due to a similar plaque or scar then it may be a moot point whether it is Peyronies or not. I know shape is important to men, but I could argue that with your current size and shape that there should be no issues with sex so there is no need to worry. I would be very interested in what your urologist says.

For any kind of narrowing, VED therapy would make sense to me. Don't know if you will see any improvement but that is what I would try.
e

Quote from: Sonic on March 08, 2023, 02:47:32 PMOnly thing that can cause this is scar tissue so therefore it is Peyronies.

Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History

LookingForAssistance

zoned999

There are 3 private clinics in B.C. aggressively taking peyronies on. I'm at one of them now. It costs a lot of $ but what is your health worth! Forget the health system!
Mine started literally over night.
I was told that Peyronies affects way more men than one would think!  
47, married. Noticed lump with pain, Diagnosed March 2023. 1cm Plaque in septum. Suspected repeated injuries. No curve, slight indent, painful daily with good and bad days. In intense treatment.