Implant Angle

Previous topic - Next topic

BobsBoobers

Question for men who have had implants. Is your erection angle roughly the same as it was pre-op? To me a significantly lowered erection angle is worse than losing an inch or so of length, yet I don't see it often addressed.  
10o curve to the left. Have lost both girth and rigidity on the left side. Blood clots on right side of penis. Currently doing light manual traction as helps with pain but pain is persistent to one degree or another & never seem to leave acute phase

Stepone

My angle has changed for the positive. But I believe this is something you have a lot of control.
I remember my surgeon told me when I first had the implant to make sure I kept my penis in the upright position during the healing process.
I would suggest you to mention this to your surgeon prior to surgery.
By the way, I did not lose any length with my implant.
Make sure you go to a high volume implant surgeon.
StepOne  
Nesbit surgery 2015, 66 years young, Titan Implant 4/25/19, 22cm, Dr. Lentz, Duke University NC

BobsBoobers

That is great to hear StepOne,

I know you had Dr. Lentz, who I have heard great things about and from the few photos I have seen I am impressed with his work. I am hoping to improve things, but if things get worse I want to know that an implant is an option. I have some serious thinning on the left side and it's a brutal thing to deal with.

I mean no disrespect to anyone who has had Dr. Eid, but from the photos I have seen, he struggles to get a natural looking erection; and maybe it is just the age of the men, but the erection angles often seem to not even hit the 90 degree mark. Just my personal opinion. The only real plus I see with Eid is his low infection rate. Do you know what Lentz infection rate is?
10o curve to the left. Have lost both girth and rigidity on the left side. Blood clots on right side of penis. Currently doing light manual traction as helps with pain but pain is persistent to one degree or another & never seem to leave acute phase

tomas1

I hang a little lower, around 3:15 vs around 2 o'clock.
I actually gained about 1cm in length.
Girth seems a bit larger also.
85 years old.
Implanted 01/22/19 by Dr Avila.
18cm AMS 700 CX, 3.5cm RTE 100cc reservoir
Diagnosed with Gleason  6 prostate cancer.
Monitoring it for now.

Hawk

The angle of your post implant penis is determined by a few factors.

1.  Pre-implant angle

2.  Whether you have rear tip extenders (RTEs)  These do not inflate and are a little less stable than the inflatable implant base, ESPECIALLY IF STACKED!

3.  Brand of the implant.  A Coloplast has a larger diameter base than AMS/Boston Scientific

4.  Whether you protect your upward angle during healing.  Do NOT torque the base down during healing and scarring-in.

My angle was about 2:00 o'clock ore-implant and about 2:30 after healing post-implant.  However, a difference is that my erect penis would lay on my lower abdomen pre-Peyronies. Now when I inflate, my penis rises off of my abdomen at about the same 2;30 o'clock angle from my body.

I am shocked (not offended) at your observations about Dr. Eid's implants.  He has corrected the angle of many other surgeons and is a stickler for avoiding RTE's for that very reason.  He NEVER stacks RTEs and even trims a longer implant down to avoid any RTEs if possible.

Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums