Just got Diagnosed :(

Previous topic - Next topic

supernova

This all started 20 days ago. Got diagnosed today by Dr. Andrew Steinberg, an urologist in Montreal. Kinda devastated to say the least.

He said that for now it was mild which is encouraging but I know that with this illness things can change really quickly for the worst.

He prescribed me Pentox 400mg x3 a day and Colchicine 0.6mg and I bought the andropeyronie traction device. I will continue with all my supplements and cold submersions

I'm really scared of traction device, how do I proceed ? I won't even attempt to do it today I'm too anxious about it. I've heard it made it way worse for some people (Bud Luck) should I really proceed with it or not ?

Should I also attempt fasting ? This is gonna be a bit harder for me being a food lover but if it can help I will do it (I'd need some help with how to proceed thought)

I have a date this weekend and I have no idea on how to approach the subject if it comes to sex, how should I do it ? I'm okay with not having penetrative sex but I really hope I can still do the rest.

The physical pain isn't really present anymore but since he examined the pain has came back but I guess it's normal.
22y/o (Started Jan. 19/Diagnosed Feb. 8th) Plaque on right side Hourglass and dent filling up when erect/Propolis, Ginkgo Biloba, Oral Vitamin E, Omega-3, Q10, L-Arginine, Pentox and Colchicine and cold water submersion x4 to x5 a day/4 min

Pfract

Hey man. I would not have casual sex with the mindset you have right now. You will not be in the right place,and your erection might not even be that strong potentially causing more damage. Take it easy and collect yourself.

I don't think fasting has any benefit, but that's me. Doesn't hurt to try. As for the traction device, are there instructions on YouTube for it that you could maybe watch?  

FrankPD

I've been fasting after 5pm Mon-Fri for about 14hrs since September and I haven't noticed any difference in my Peyronies Disease.  In the end eating better is beneficial to your overall health.  

Be well.
I have a girlfriend
Age 47, No injury
Diagnosis January 2022  
Six plaques
Hourglassing when flaccid and semi-erect
Only have my congenital curve
Massaging with vitamin E cream twice a day 
5mg Tadalafil, Healthy diet
Discomfort/aching sometimes

supernova

There is some videos but they aren't that clear and I'm still unsure if I want to do traction since the curve isn't present when I'm fully erect and even sometime semi-erect. Should I wait to see if it starts curving ? I'm scared of causing damage since the curve hasn't appeared yet

Good thing is being gay I can still have sex without using my genitals for now, so if it comes to that I guess that's what I'll do, still unsure how to talk about such a delicate subject tho when the time comes.

I will not go forward with fasting, I'll try my best to still eat healthier but it shouldn't really have an effect on Peyronie's I guess

I'm kinda nervous about the pain that the palpation exam gave after not feeling pain for a couple of days, should I worry about that or is it normal ?
22y/o (Started Jan. 19/Diagnosed Feb. 8th) Plaque on right side Hourglass and dent filling up when erect/Propolis, Ginkgo Biloba, Oral Vitamin E, Omega-3, Q10, L-Arginine, Pentox and Colchicine and cold water submersion x4 to x5 a day/4 min

LWillisjr

There are several videos available on YouTube on how to use traction devices. But some of these are for men trying to lengthen their penis and this requires more "forceful" traction.

For Peyronies you don't need strong traction. Dr. Levine always uses the words "comfortable stretch".
Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History

Zlobenia

Hi Supernova,

There's no guarantee that your condition will progress at all. It may very well stay exactly where it is. Considering it only started 20 days ago, it could bounce back before March and you'll be just as healthy as possible. I personally have had significant indentations and [very bad] pain that evened themselves out and went totally back to normal after a couple of months. That said, please take it easy and don't do anything stupid or forceful to your penis that you normally wouldn't.

Your traction device is probably totally fine to use and the chances of a person injuring themselves with it if used properly are very slim: hence why it is so often and so freely prescribed.

As for pain, it coming and going is normal, especially after poking and prodding it [stop doing that].
On top of everything else, get some diclofenac NSAID cream like voltarol or similar and apply it 2-3 times a day or as the tube says. It's anti-inflammatory and it also takes the pain away. Was immeasurably useful when I started.

In all, It's good that you have started doing things about it. Be gentle and don't freak out and there's a good chance you'll be fine: it might just take a while.
Began with pain May 2020: has changed position and form numerous times since then, healing, some not.

1 inch shortening, <1.5" loss of girth, 20degree curvature, twist.. Probably 70% of what it was before.

On supplements, had shockwave, VED

supernova

I will definitely not probe anymore, hough I didn't really do it it was mostly the doctor's exam that hurt.

I tried traction a bit this morning and it left me with a bit of discomfort, I will not be continuing for the time being, I don't think it should bring any discomfort.

I did follow the instructions but being a grower and not a shower, it doesn't really fit even at the smallest configuration possible, talk about an embarrasing issue 😂