antidepressants

Previous topic - Next topic

20yo

today i went to the pharmacy to take vitamin e
i asked the pharmacist if it was effective against fibrosis, she said there are more specific molecules for that.
i told her i was taking MSM and she said that worked (my urologist prescribed to me "limbica")
also i mentioned i was taking brintellix, an antidepresant, and she said it was also useful for fibrosis, because it acts by reducing anxiety and making tissues softer, something like that. She said the studied seem to prove that indeed antidepressants have an effect on fibrosis
20 yo, Peyronies Disease 2020(55 degrees down) + congenital curve
loss of length, stable erection, sensation. hourglassing
antioxidants, hyaluronic acid injected & oral, maybe Yachia in future
Recently started VED 2x a week
Still wants sex and a relationship

Pfract

Never heard of this. Who knows? But watch out for the ED sideeffects that come with lots of SSRi's.  

20yo

true, true
i am taking brintellix and supposedly it doesn't have big impact on erectyle function.
idk... my erections are bad during sex
but  when i masturbate, ever since im using the VED, they are almost perfect

redemption

never heard of that either

my testosterone went up over 2x in 12 months after quitting antidepressants

they have lots of side effects
29. Penile fracture 9 years ago (untreated)
Hard flaccid, ED, limited blood flow to glans
Jesus is restoring my pride

Sonic

I have been genuinely depressed since age 18 due to traumatic experience and death within family and I always stayed away from these kinds of medications due to the fact I never want to get addicted to them and have to face withdrawal once one quits or due to all the other side effects. I use music, reading and working out as my medicine and have been tempted many times to take pills but life is a damn struggle. Never once heard it can be helpful against fibrosis.

Maybe it does who knows?
30 years. Sudden rightwards curve detected in June 2020
Narrowing on right side and about a 20° curve to the right.
ED + instability due to narrowing.

Zlobenia

Hi Sonic.
I know it's off-topic for the forum but as someone who's had a truly harrowing mental health journey since I was a child I want to weigh in on this, as well as someone who's both done as much as possible unmedicated as well as tried antidepressants. There are many different types, and plenty of them (sertraline for instance, which I've used personally) are neither addictive nor create any longterm dependencies. It's very common for people to try out and swap between antidepressants to see what works for them, without any real consequence. I understand the desire not to worsen things for yourself through inviting the risks of medication but I know more people I can remember who are medicated and benefit from it. Do not let your concern for it hold you back from bettering your life for yourself.

Also haven't heard anything about antidepresants in an antifibrotic role.
Began with pain May 2020: has changed position and form numerous times since then, healing, some not.

1 inch shortening, <1.5" loss of girth, 20degree curvature, twist.. Probably 70% of what it was before.

On supplements, had shockwave, VED

20yo

hi guys thank you for the replies
i also mentioned it to my psychiatrist and he said he knew nothing about it

i am eager to stop taking them tho because i hope they will raise my sexual function
this being sad antidepressants are one of the best things that happened to me ever
i had mental health problems before peyronie's and Peyronies Disease was like the finishing blow. i wanted to kill myself and was in emotional pain and stress very often
furthermore, talking as a medicine student, i know there is a big stigma versus mental health medications. psychiatry used to be BRUTAL, where they would lock you up to avoid you from hurting people.
nowadays everything changed and psychiatrist want to help you and make you feel better. the medications i took did not show addiction symptoms ever.
ofc if you stop taking them after years for 3 weeks you will feel slightly weird (some diarrhea sometimes, maybe a little more emotional , a little harder to sleep) but nothing crazy.
if you try to quit medication while you are still struggling mentally, the symptoms of your disease will come back and you may think you are addicted, but instead it's just your own mind being dysfunctional and you didn't notice while medication were curing it.
so yea my experience with antidepressant is fantastic

Gexefod

Antidepressants useful for fibrosis? Didn't work that way with me. I was on Escitalopram for about a year 2021 and didn't notice any improvement whatsoever. The opposite happened, in fact. I gained weight, noticed decreased sensitivity in my penis and my libido. The Peyronie's remained the same or worse.

Moreover, I didn't notice any mental health improvements. Not one bit of my mood or outlook on life changed, so I gradually decreased my dosage and eventually stopped taking it. For a few months I had strange brain-shock sensations but these passed. I later lost all the extra weight and that was it.
- Peyronie's since: October 2020; Age 37
- Curvature about 35 degrees to the right
- Narrowing and an hourglass-like deformation present