Hot Baths

Previous topic - Next topic

supernova

I'm still unsure if I have Peyronie's, but I'm pretty sure I'm in the early stages. Regardless of if I have it or not I started doing things to at least reduce inflammation like supplements and cold water submersions about 5 times a day for 3 minutes each time.

The thing is I read somewhere that hot water can increase inflammation during the acute phase of the disease so I've been fully avoiding hot baths which I used to take daily and replaced them with a very quick lukewarm shower which is just way less satisfying.

Are hot baths actually proscribed ? Is there any reading I can do here on their effects on inflammation ? Can hot water have a negative impact on this disease in the acute stage ?

22y/o (Started Jan. 19/Diagnosed Feb. 8th) Plaque on right side Hourglass and dent filling up when erect/Propolis, Ginkgo Biloba, Oral Vitamin E, Omega-3, Q10, L-Arginine, Pentox and Colchicine and cold water submersion x4 to x5 a day/4 min

LWillisjr

Quote from: supernova on February 05, 2023, 12:41:35 AMThe thing is I read somewhere that hot water can increase inflammation during the acute phase of the disease so I've been fully avoiding hot baths which I used to take daily and replaced them with a very quick lukewarm shower which is just way less satisfying.

Where did you read this? I have never heard of this before.
Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History

supernova

That's the thing, I'm not sure if I read this here or elsewhere, I tried to search it here by looking for "hot bath" in the search function and couldn't find it. It would be amazing if I could find a proof that there's no problem being in hot water.
22y/o (Started Jan. 19/Diagnosed Feb. 8th) Plaque on right side Hourglass and dent filling up when erect/Propolis, Ginkgo Biloba, Oral Vitamin E, Omega-3, Q10, L-Arginine, Pentox and Colchicine and cold water submersion x4 to x5 a day/4 min

Sonic

I very heavily doubt that. Of course scorching hot is not a good idea lol.. But normal hot showers/baths, I strongly doubt how that mechanism would ever work, that it could cause further damage to the penis from the inside.

I have taken hot showers my entire life pretty much and never had any issues. This disease is very advanced in how it works and I fail to see how something as simple as hot water could make things worse on the contrary warm water actually improves blood flow to the area temporarily.
30 years. Sudden rightwards curve detected in June 2020
Narrowing on right side and about a 20° curve to the right.
ED + instability due to narrowing.

supernova

That's amazing to hear, I'll be taking a hot bath tonight that'll help with the stress :)

FrankPD

I always take hot showers and I don't feel it changed anything.
I have a girlfriend
Age 48, No injury
Diagnosis January 2022  
Six plaques
Hourglassing when flaccid and semi-erect
Only have my congenital curve
Massaging with vitamin E cream twice a day 
5mg Tadalafil, Healthy diet
Discomfort/aching sometimes