Xiaflex after one complete course

Previous topic - Next topic

BadLuck

I went through a complete course of Xiaflex injections(8 injections at 2 week intervals).  I had what I consider great success, but unfortunately still have a "nodule" that is causing a bend.  Unfortunately this bend is less that the required 15 degrees needed for Xiaflex approval.  
I could live with the 15 degree bend, but it's very painful when having sex.  

Has anyone here had additional Xiaflex treatments after the initial complete course?  If so, how did you get your insurance company to cover the cost of treatment?

Thanks for the replies.  
Mid 50's
Diagnosed with Peyronies in 2014.
Treatments have included Verapamil injections, Pentox, and Xiaflex.
Currently using RestoreX

richestorags

Howdy: more information would be much appreciated. Your post seems to indicate that you had a series of Xiaflex injections and saw curvature improvement (inferred), but now your curve is less than the degree necessary to secure insurance approval for further injections.  

Insurance companies are not thrilled with Xiaflex. It barely secured FDA approval, initial treatment results were below abysmal and all of that was accompanied by high cost. Can you provide some background on initial curvature, how the injection process played out for you and where things stand as of now? There are a lot of folks, me included, who would take a 15-degree curve outcome following Xiaflex and be happy with that.  
-Peyronies Disease onsite 11/2021
-Xiaflex inections by Dr. Trost 03/16/2023 & /03/17/2023 + aggressive RestoreX use
-Pre treatment curve 70 degrees, post-treatment curve estimated at 20 degrees by Dr Trost 04/11/2023
-Daily Restorex use to prevent recurrence

BadLuck

My initial curvature at the time of diagnosis was approximately 55 degrees.  I was given Pentox 400 mg 3X per day.  I also underwent 6 rounds of Verapamil injections.  Pentox and Verapamil did nothing for me.  I then underwent an entire course of Xiaflex injections(8 shots over the course of several months).  After each Xiaflex injection I used the RestoreX device for several hours.  I never had issues with hematoma or any other negative side effects.  

I do still have a curve, and a "nodule" that I can feel.  I believe this nodule is the cause of my remaining pain and curvature.  

As you know curvature's under 30 degrees are not treatable according the the Xiaflex literature.  
Mid 50's
Diagnosed with Peyronies in 2014.
Treatments have included Verapamil injections, Pentox, and Xiaflex.
Currently using RestoreX

richestorags

Thanks for the information and sorry to hear you are experiencing issues post-treatment.  
-Peyronies Disease onsite 11/2021
-Xiaflex inections by Dr. Trost 03/16/2023 & /03/17/2023 + aggressive RestoreX use
-Pre treatment curve 70 degrees, post-treatment curve estimated at 20 degrees by Dr Trost 04/11/2023
-Daily Restorex use to prevent recurrence

danh

Did you have pain during sex before any of the treatments? Or did the treatments give you the pain?
age 62. Onset 2010. 30deg to the left
Did ved therapy for 6 mo. Some help. Lived with it.
In 2020, left bend increased 50-60 
Jan 2023 Did some Xiaflex shots w/ Dr. Trost.
Now, slight curve with hourglassing. hardly noticeable.
Pleased with results.