not sure 100% about peyronie

Previous topic - Next topic

fibro_x

Hello everybody! :) I am sure I found the right place to share with you my condition:

Decided to join to the forum to find some hints how to move on with my case. Long story short:

2010 -> 13 years ago I discovered barely palpable lump inside of the penis. It was one-third of grain rice size... I mean really small. No pain, no erectile dysfunction, no curvature. Lump located inside of the penis (not visible under the skin as it is often described), palpable only when flaccid as one and only symptom. I visited several urologists, each visit with USG however no diagnosis as no other symptomps were found. No oral or any other treatment.

2021 -> I discovered that lump got bigger over time to the size of the pea (more or less). It can be easily palpable. Still no pain, no curvature, no problem with erection. However what I can feel that tissue around this lump is a little bit fluffy and a bit numb. This is the only symptom. Went once again to the urologist and diagnosed peyronie. I wanted to be sure so decided to get MRI scan including contrast. Result: no changes in the penis tissue at all. Everything is OK. Still no treatment however urologist suggested vitamine E and also potaba. I've started with 300 mg Q10 according to the medical trials found on the web.

2023 -> Situation still the same as in the 2021. I am going to repeat MRI scan once again soon (in two / three weeks).

I guess this is highly possible that I have peyronie not any other conidtion. I mean in case of cancer probably it would not last 13 years without any treatment. To be honest I don't know what to do next and I am really worried about future. MRI scan that's for sure but what next to confirm the condition ? Doppler USG while penis is erect would be more accurate ? I will do any test required to be 100% sure... I thought MRI will dispel doubts... :'(

Is it possible to have such peyronie without any other symptoms ? Someone else with similar condition?
Regarding medicines I take propranolol (inderal) for stage freight once or twice a week - found some opinions that it shouldn't be taken with such condition. Is it true ?

I will appreciate any suggeston, help.
Thanks in advance,

condition: palpable plaque for 13 years from now (no trauma or any other reason for developing it) without any other symptoms with no confirmation about peyronie after MRI with contrast

treatment:Q10 300 mg a day for 2 years-no improvement

Trapper

Hey Fibro,

Considering adding a signature line with your case details. How old are you? If the lump is the only symptom I wouldn't worry about pursuing treatment for it. I suppose you could have a doppler and that would probably answer the question of whether it was scar tissue or not.

If it is scar tissue your current medications MAY or MAY NOT help get rid of it. I would recommend Mitoquinol mesylate instead of COQ10 as the former is much more bioavailable and has been shown to increase arterial flow and reverse the aging of blood vessels by 15-20 years in one study.

If you do decide to get a doppler and it is scar tissue and you do want to get rid of it (probably not necessary since it sounds like you have no deformity or ED) then you could go the xiaflex route, or traction but those are both time investment heavy treatment protocols.
33 years old, symptoms started early 20's but never really bothered me until the last two years
Trimix worked well but caused more scarring. 
Titan 24CM XL+ 1 CM RTE'S Dr. Hakky 4/4/23
Hyaluronic acid penis filler by Dr. Hakky June 2023

LWillisjr

Do you have any curvature?  If no curvature, it is possible you do not have Peyronies and it could be something else.
Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History

fibro_x

No curvature at all. Honestly, this is my biggest concern that cannot be diagnosed easily. I am on the crossroad and don't know what to do... if not peyronie then what ? Different type od calcification ? Cancer ?  :-\

condition: palpable plaque for 13 years from now (no trauma or any other reason for developing it) without any other symptoms with no confirmation about peyronie after MRI with contrast

LWillisjr

Get to a doctor and get it checked out.
Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History

fibro_x

Like in the introduction post: i've visited several urologists since it started also I've done MRI with contrast which didn't show any changes. However, something is palpable inside.

I can do any test to have right diagnosis but it seems options are limited. I will get another MRI and we will see.

Thanks for reply

Pfract

It's a tough call. If you have no issues with erections nor curvature and the same for penile cancer, then what can you really do other than wait and see if it develops into something else?