Have you had hourglass improvement?

Previous topic - Next topic

IwillbeatPD

From the short time I've been here, I've heard about Shane curing his hour glass (either with time or Xiaflex). I've also read Neo say he cured his through traction by hand. That's just two accounts so I'm sure there is more.

Have you seen any improvement in your hour glass with time? What methods did you use to achieve the improvement? Or did time itself help?
Fit 37 year old athlete. Hinging and hourglass began Sep 2022. Tried VED, Restorex, tadalafil with no improvement. Implanted by Dr Hakky 11/28/23 with Titan touch XXL 26 cm no RTE's. Pre op 8.25Lx 5ish G. Post implant: 8.25 L x 5.5 G

Sonic

I've not used traction but all I can say is at the onset of my Peyronies I had no hourglassing or dents at all. They became noticeable maybe a little over a year into the disease. I've now gone over a year with hourglassing below glans and a dent close to right side base. None of them have improved even remotely.
30 years. Sudden rightwards curve detected in June 2020
Narrowing on right side and about a 20° curve to the right.
ED + instability due to narrowing.

IwillbeatPD

What's your current plan sonic? I'm assuming you can't have sex right? Too risky?

I'm about 4 months in and my hourglass isn't any worse but really interested to see if I can make some improvement by a year. If not, definitely looking at ETG as my first solution. Any reason you haven't explored that option?
Fit 37 year old athlete. Hinging and hourglass began Sep 2022. Tried VED, Restorex, tadalafil with no improvement. Implanted by Dr Hakky 11/28/23 with Titan touch XXL 26 cm no RTE's. Pre op 8.25Lx 5ish G. Post implant: 8.25 L x 5.5 G

Sonic

I've not even had the thought about sex since this narrowing + Erectile Dysfunction started. At first it was just curved to the right, no Erectile Dysfunction, no instability etc. Now sex is literally impossible. I thought many times about trying traction or VED but held off due to peoples stories about only becoming worse off. In this current state probably VED would be my choice due to the Erectile Dysfunction.

As for ETG, no surgeons here offer it so it's not possible for me.

I have a uro appointment the 10th of January. After that I hope to get a better picture.
30 years. Sudden rightwards curve detected in June 2020
Narrowing on right side and about a 20° curve to the right.
ED + instability due to narrowing.

DarthPronius

I think I've had some minor improvement but hard to say yet. At least I've stabilized and have better erections. My urologist did an ultrasound and found a small plaque and evidence of "radial struts" of fibrosis in the last 1/3rd of the shaft, which make the area less flexible and expansive, so I have narrowing and 5-degree upward curve there. He recommended VED to help stretch that area. My biggest challenge is doing it 2x everyday. I think the VED definitely helps with erection quality, which in turn I think prevents further worsening and might even improve things over time w/ improved circulation. If you just noticed symptoms recently, I would recommend going super, ultra easy on whatever treatment you decide to do. I think I made things worse when I first noticed nodules in 2019 by panicking and using traction devices at high tension during the "acute phase", which is when I experienced mild pain and noticed new things like nodules showing up every few weeks. Now that i'm in "chronic phase" and also maybe more experienced, I'm just doing mild VED every day and think things are getting better little by little. I now get nocturnal & spontaneous erections which I think is very important. My hope is that if you do 2x sessions per day, with about 10-20 reps each session, that's up to 40x cycles of expansion and contraction/day, x365 is more than 14,000 cycles. If you stretch anything that many times, i think maybe it will expand - on the other hand, since you're dealing with living tissue that can potentially react negatively (peyronies seems to be a healing disorder), I'm not 100% sure. I think over-doing VED can make it worse. The hardest part of my experiment this past few months has been just doing it regularly and being patient. I went more than a year just giving up and doing nothing. So with what I'm doing now, I would compare it to watching a tree grow. My main focus is keeping my penis soft and well-circulated all the time, which means having a healthy lifestyle and doing stretching/mobility exercises (whole body). Lastly I'd add that I think tadalafil is good because it also improves erection quality, which improves your mental state when you see you finally got a boner, which improves your erection quality in a self-reinforcing cycle.
Age 37. First symptoms Jan 2019. Small (4mm) calcified plaque near head, and narrowing near plaque, last 1/3 of shaft. Used pentox for 1 year. Still using tadalafil 5mg, coq10. VED & mild traction helping w/ erection quality

IwillbeatPD

Hey Darth,

So your hourglass looks the same, but erection quality is better with time?

DarthPronius

Hey Iwill yes that's what I've seen so far. I've been doing VED consistently for about the past 8 weeks.
Age 37. First symptoms Jan 2019. Small (4mm) calcified plaque near head, and narrowing near plaque, last 1/3 of shaft. Used pentox for 1 year. Still using tadalafil 5mg, coq10. VED & mild traction helping w/ erection quality