Best doctor for Xiaflex injections

Previous topic - Next topic

IwillbeatPD

Hey everyone,

Who are the top choices in the US for Xiaflex injections?  
Fit 37 year old athlete. Hinging and hourglass began Sep 2022. Tried VED, Restorex, tadalafil with no improvement. Implanted by Dr Hakky 11/28/23 with Titan touch XXL 26 cm no RTE's. Pre op 8.25Lx 5ish G. Post implant: 8.25 L x 5.5 G

paul21

IwillbeatPD

Fit 37 year old athlete. Hinging and hourglass began Sep 2022. Tried VED, Restorex, tadalafil with no improvement. Implanted by Dr Hakky 11/28/23 with Titan touch XXL 26 cm no RTE's. Pre op 8.25Lx 5ish G. Post implant: 8.25 L x 5.5 G

Sebtp1973

Trost in Utah is probably the best, and most of his patients travel from other states and countries to see him. He's reporting some exceptional results. It might be worth it to travel to see him, if your insurance allows.  
57 yrs old.
Pre-Trost treatment, 110 composite curve (75 up, 35 left)
Post-Trost xiaflex treatment, 0-15 degree curve.

P11050

I couldn't agree more.  Dr Trost is probably the highest volume Xiaflex clinic in the world.  He innovates and publishes.  Their published result are far better than any of his peers I believe.
If you want answers, Please help us by filling in your signature block

Click here for Directions

BadLuck

I'm curious how patients that are coming from out of town are treated?  How much time is given for out of town patients between injections?  How long of a stay is required for Xiaflex injections?
If anyone has first hand knowledge, I would appreciate a reply.  

Thank you.
Mid 50's
Diagnosed with Peyronies in 2014.
Treatments have included Verapamil injections, Pentox, and Xiaflex.
Currently using RestoreX

Sebtp1973

I talked to Trost (you can make a 30 minute video call with him for no charge). He does the shots one day apart. He said out-of-towners can stay in Utah for one night. Your first shot can be in the afternoon the day you arrive, and your second shot can be the next morning so you can get an afternoon flight home. He said he's even thinking of doing both shots on the same day, morning and afternoon, but hasn't done that yet.

You'd have to send his office pics of your erect penis for evaluation before you visit.

He's getting excellent results with one round. He's injecting a lot more CCH than other doctors, to the point you need to keep your penis wrapped for three days to keep bruising and swelling from getting out of control. He's also aggressive about doing hand modeling and traction as soon as possible.  
57 yrs old.
Pre-Trost treatment, 110 composite curve (75 up, 35 left)
Post-Trost xiaflex treatment, 0-15 degree curve.

IwillbeatPD

Thanks for the info guys! I was hopeful Xiaflex could dissolve plaque and in turn, fix my hourglassing. After having a phone consult with one of the doctors at Trosts office, apparently even if the playque dissolved, it's unlikely it would fix the hourglass. That's according to this doctor-which was obviously disappointing news. If this is true and Xiaflex doesn't help hourglassing at all, Xiaflex would be pointless for me.

hibberish

Quote from: IwillbeatPD on December 29, 2022, 12:51:22 AM
After having a phone consult with one of the doctors at Trosts office, apparently even if the playque dissolved, it's unlikely it would fix the hourglass.

why did he say that was the case? can you elaborate for us? curious.
If you want answers, Please help us by filling in your signature block

Click here for Directions