STAGE surgery with Dr. Kuehhas (October 2022)

Previous topic - Next topic

Citron99

Hello,

since this forum has helped me, I'd like to contribute as well. I have been diagnosed with ventral curvature, approximately 40 degrees and some scar tissue. So 4 incisions were made.

The process of examination and surgery was the same as others describe. Everything went quite smoothly. I had no significant pain or swelling.

I am now 5 weeks post-op. I will be going for a follow-up soon, but one thing scares me. I had an erection today during the day, I know I should shake it off right away, but since it happened...It is straight, smaller (retraction is clear), but I am concerned about the narrowing from the base towards the glans. The penis is quite flexible when flaccid, I haven't lost much, but the narrowing is weird?

Please give me your opinion, preferably those who have undergone this type of surgery, thank you.
40 degrees downward curvature

STAGE with Dr. Kuehhas in October 2022

Citron99

Update-> I should have mentioned, that this was my first surgery (hopefully last) and my curvature was congenital.

I had appointment today with Dr. Kuehhas. He examined my penis and was pleased with how everything has healed.
Also distracted my concerns about the narrowing. Each erection should be better and better, but it will take time. He also showed me how to use phallosan and with that I should reach full length in 3-4 months. I'm supposed to start at 5 minutes and add every day 5 minutes until I get to 1 hour (red mark), it seems low but I'll see how it goes and possibly ask if I can wear it longer. I am used to PE, I think everybody with this condition tried extenders,pumps etc. to straighten the curvature...
I will post some pics if things goes well...

lution3

Wishing you a great recovery! Keep us posted please

Citron99

8 weeks update

Positives-> it's straight, actually it curves upwards little bit, I like that. Erections are hard and frequent. I think I've gained back a little girth in the last two weeks, overall the shape is better. Good sensitivity.

Negatives->It's still short, I'm hovering around 16 cm (I desperately need another 2 cm :) ), I haven't gained much in the last 2 weeks as far as length goes. This is now my main concern! I think that's why the erections are so strong, I need like 70% erection before surgery to achieve 100% erection after surgery if you understand...erections are also still quite uncomfortable. I use phallosan regularly. However, in the flaccid state I can stretch my penis to about 18 cm (before the surgery the best result was 19.5 cm), so the erection should be longer already, I don't really understand...

Anyway, it's still early, I have to be patient and wait what the next weeks or months will bring. This phase is not much documented...I will post updates every 2 weeks.

overthecurve

Contrats for your courage and thanks for your contribution. Please post pictures of this journey, before and after!  
- Peyronie diagnosed july 2021
- 30 degree curvature to the left and 10-15 degree upward, keep getting worse.
- Vitamine E and colchicine
- Penimaster pro for 3 months everyday, now once a week
- 31 y/o in a relationship
- Depressed/distressed

IwillbeatPD

Fit 37 year old athlete. Hinging and hourglass began Sep 2022. Tried VED, Restorex, tadalafil with no improvement. Implanted by Dr Hakky 11/28/23 with Titan touch XXL 26 cm no RTE's. Pre op 8.25Lx 5ish G. Post implant: 8.25 L x 5.5 G

Citron99

QuoteContrats for your courage and thanks for your contribution. Please post pictures of this journey, before and after!
Thank you! I'll upload pics soon..

QuoteWhat type of surgery did you have?
STAGE with Dr. Kuehhas

Connect1

At the moment, what is the cost of the stage operation?And is there an option to hire a translator for the conversation with dr.Kuehhas?
If you want answers, Please help us by filling in your signature block

Click here for Directions

Citron99

For me, it was around 9 000 Eur total (without staying, travelling). I guess it is possible, but a friend would be a better choice..

Alex83

The doctor probably has a translator, you can ask him

In any case with Dr. Gelman I benefited from it but if it was not very useful, my English was enough
27 yo

- 01/2020: Nesbit surgery for a 50 degrees downward curvature with Dr.Faix (FR) : bad result

- 12/2022 : Surgery correction with Dr.Gelman US

- Now : Indentation on the left dorsal side with a rotation to the left that appeared, try Restorex

Citron99

10 weeks update

The penis is in a similar state as it was 14 days ago. Sensitivity good, it's straight with a bit of an upward curve, erections are still easy.

I may have gained a few mm in length. I use Phallosan regularly, I also include a light massage before going to bed and infrared light in some days. At flaccid my best result is around 18 cm (not bone pressed). Traction is definitely harder in winter than in summer :). Also, I don't think I have my girth back yet, but it's hard to judge because it's changed shape significantly, it's more oval.

I can still feel the stitches quite a bit, both on the sides (neurovascular bundle stitches?) and the dorsal part (plication stitches), and it's stiff in those places.

Again in two weeks...

Alex83

What are neurovascular bundle stitches?
Are these sutures placed by Kuehhas or did they occur naturally?
27 yo

- 01/2020: Nesbit surgery for a 50 degrees downward curvature with Dr.Faix (FR) : bad result

- Now : Indentation on the left dorsal side with a rotation to the left that appeared, try Restorex

Citron99

Again, someone correct me if I'm wrong. Here you can see https://www.dr-kuehhas.at/en/treatments/congenital-penile-curvature/#video , that in case of ventral curvature the neurovascular bundle needs to be elevated in order to reach tunica and after plication it needs to be restitched, right? So you have actually quite a few stitches in your penis, not just from plication. These stitches on the sides should dissolve little bit earlier than the plication stitches...

Alex83

Quote from: Citron99 on January 05, 2023, 03:03:46 AM
Again, someone correct me if I'm wrong. Here you can see https://www.dr-kuehhas.at/en/treatments/congenital-penile-curvature/#video , that in case of ventral curvature the neurovascular bundle needs to be elevated in order to reach tunica and after plication it needs to be restitched, right? So you have actually quite a few stitches in your penis, not just from plication. These stitches on the sides should dissolve little bit earlier than the plication stitches...

Oh yes, I understand completely!
It seems that I have like you ! Gelman had sent me a picture of his procedure (attached)

- We can see as you say that there is a lateral closure as well, how many sutures do you feel on the side?
- I thought I read that you still had a swelling, does it slightly curve/twist your penis to one side?
27 yo

Citron99

QuoteWe can see as you say that there is a lateral closure as well, how many sutures do you feel on the side?
- I thought I read that you still had a swelling, does it slightly curve/twist your penis to one side?

There are a lot of them, but I can't count them accurately, they're all along the length of the penis on each side. The only place where I don't have stitches is the first few cm of the shaft, this part is also completely soft, flexible as the whole penis was before the surgery. Now the whole penis acts more like it's made of rubber (that's what the scar does) if you understand, so when I wear it on one side it goes there, stretching helps.

Of course I'm also worried about everything returning to normal, it will take 6-12 months though. Thank you for the pic!

Alex83

All right! What's strange is that Gelman totally doesn't advice me to use traction
My penis seems to be rubber like you
Moreover, I still have swellings and it seems to curve my penis to the left, you don't have any more swellings?
27 yo

Citron99

QuoteAll right! What's strange is that Gelman totally doesn't advice me to use traction
Yes, it's been said many times here, Gelman doesn't care about traction even though it's widely recommended, Mst had a good post about it...

QuoteMoreover, I still have swellings and it seems to curve my penis to the left, you don't have any more swellings?
Yes, it's still a little swollen from time to time, but it's definitely getting better...at flaccid it's just thicker, even when stretched it's thicker, but shorter

Connect1

Hello, Citron99!How is your uprising going, are you happy with Dr. Kuehhas? I am also considering corrective surgery with him, after my first Nesbit was a complete failure. My problem is that even now I feel discomfort, maybe from the threads, as if they are moving everywhere under my head. I have not heard if Kuehhas removes the old threads.

Alex83

Quote from: Citron99 on January 06, 2023, 04:10:22 AM
Yes, it's been said many times here, Gelman doesn't care about traction even though it's widely recommended, Mst had a good post about it...
Yes, it's still a little swollen from time to time, but it's definitely getting better...at flaccid it's just thicker, even when stretched it's thicker, but shorter

Yes I could read Mst's posts but he never posted to indicate if he finally did traction
27 yo

Citron99

QuoteCitron99!How is your uprising going, are you happy with Dr. Kuehhas? I am also considering corrective surgery with him, after my first Nesbit was a complete failure. My problem is that even now I feel discomfort, maybe from the threads, as if they are moving everywhere under my head. I have not heard if Kuehhas removes the old threads.

Hi,

we'll have to wait a few months for the final result in my case. It's straight, sensitivity maintained, the only problem I have is the size. Objectively it is smaller, subjectively it seems even worse. It's a matter of perception, I like the shape of the erection now, if I could restore about 2 cm in length I will be satisfied and the result of the surgery will be 100% success.

I can only advise you to go for a consultation, ultrasound examination and you will be wiser...

QuoteYes I could read Mst's posts but he never posted to indicate if he finally did traction
I'd say, if he's not against it, I'd start around week 5 with traction...It's quite an invasive operation though, start very carefully...

Citron99

bensimon

Thank you for keeping us updated. Wishing you the best of luck in regaining the size.

overthecurve

- Depressed/distressed

Citron99

Hi,

I would say that the beginning and middle of the shaft is relatively ok. The problem is the top and especially under the glans. Before surgery my glans was just a little bit wider than the shaft, now it's a lot bigger, it looks weird. I'm hoping this will improve once the stitches dissolve and the penis will be more flexible...

overthecurve

Thanks man! I have a virtual appointment with him very soon. You give me hope. Do you mind sharing your before and after results ? That would mean the world the me! thanks a lot in advance.
- Depressed/distressed

Citron99

Yes, I'll post the pics eventually, probably this weekend...All the best.

Citron99

14 weeks update

Still nothing worth talking about. Maybe a few mm longer and more flexible, the stitches are still the same, the angle of the erection too (from 40 degrees down to about 10-20 degrees up, quite a change  :D  )

But I try to be positive, I wear phallosan and sometimes also a normal extender (leluv slider, simple but effective).

Citron99

16 weeks update
No changes, overall very little progress from week 8

Citron99

18 weeks update

Still pretty much the same, I'd say it's just more flexible.

The next update won't be until the end of April, 6 months after surgery.

Fustra

Maybe you where not straight at the start due to greater retraction, the doc said there is normally less retraction with upwards curved due to the differences in procedures.

What is your length gain/ how much have u lost or have you gotten most back

Citron99

Thanks for the information, yes from the forum it seems that the upward curvature correction is associated with less length loss...

It has improved over the last month or two. Retraction after surgery was about 3 cm, the first cm was back pretty quickly, the next one lasted over two months, still 1 cm left...Unfortunately I didn't have an accurate width measurement before surgery, but even here it seems from the photos that I'm still missing some girth. And I also need to work on the quality of my erection...

I will be using Phallosan for a few more months...

Citron99

Hi, guys

six months have passed. Flexibility is close to normal which is great. I can still feel the stitches, they will dissolve in a few months.

The size is also better, still missing something, but it's not such a drama anymore. I will use Phallosan until my stitches are fully dissolved.

Next update in 3 months and the last one will be in October - one year after surgery.

Sonic

30 years. Sudden rightwards curve detected in June 2020
Narrowing on right side and about a 20° curve to the right.
ED + instability due to narrowing.

John 11

Hi
it's amazing to hear that
I have a question
after how many month you had been able to do sex ?

Citron99

Hi,
sorry for late answer...My first sex after surgery was in late January or February, I am not sure, so 3 or 4 months after op...but it was more pleasurable after 5 or even after 6 months for me...

FrankPD

Glad to hear everything worked out for you!  I hope things continue to improve!  
I have a girlfriend
Age 47, No injury
Diagnosis January 2022  
Six plaques
Hourglassing when flaccid and semi-erect
Only have my congenital curve
Massaging with vitamin E cream twice a day 
5mg Tadalafil, Healthy diet
Discomfort/aching sometimes

Citron99

So photos uploaded in sub-board Before and After Photos of Penile Surgery - Warning, Explicit Photos

I will also answer some questions in my message box here:

1. You don't have to undergo circumcision, but if your foreskin is tight, it may be necessary, the doctor will decide...
2. Surgery scar->I will also upload photo, but it is ok, it is barely visible, that shouldn't be your deciding factor.

John 11

Hi Citron99
I hope that everything is good
is there any changes
I have also curve and I have talked to Dr.k told me that I have  40 degrees down
can you please share your curve's photos before and after surgyry
best wishes

Citron99

Hi, I shared the photos, see my last post...

Mushroommonster

I have a question: What size can someone expect after such an operation when everything has healed? There is a long side and a short side, when you have a curve. Is your final length 0,5-1 cm shorter than your original longer side, or 0,5-1cm shorter than your original shorter side, or is it something in between. Thanks  

Pfract

Hey Mushroom monster. The outcome depends on the condition you had before surgery and your post op recovery. Normally you are advised to do traction and or vacuum after surgery to help regain size and stretch out the tissues. And Yes, some surgeries do have normally worse loss than others. Like Nesbit vs stage, for example.  

Mushroommonster

Thanks for your answer. I have a 45 curve to the right and would consider a Stage surgerie with Dr. K from vienna.  

Citron99

Hi, guys,

I'm 10 months post-op and am often asked about size, scarring, etc.

Summary:
1) Erection shape -> it's straight, I don't see any changes for a few months now.
2) Erection quality -> I would say the same as before surgery, here it's more about lifestyle, food, exercise, etc.
3) Scars -> I don't feel the stitches anymore, they dissolved for me around 8-9 months, I guess. The incision scar is almost unnoticeable, you can see a little on the right side, but no drama.
4) Length ->best part, somewhere around 9 months I reached full length as before surgery (maybe like 1-3 mm less). My opinion is that if your case is congenital and you could sort of straighten your penis during erection (like me), it means you don't actually have that much one side shorter, rather limited by the longer one, if you understand. If you stretch your penis straight at flacid and measure the length, that's your potential length of a straight erection, right?
I should add that I have a shitload of hours of phallosan under my belt (well over 1000), so that is certainly a factor as well ;D .
5) Girth ->I made the mistake of not having an accurate measurement before surgery, but I would guess it would be similar. I started using bathmate occasionally from 6 months onwards.

So, as Pfract posted, if you choose the right type of surgery for your case, the right doc, and are careful and patient in your recovery, you will have a good result.

Mushroommonster

Thank you so much for the information. Happy for you! I hope to see the same results as you.  :)