Traction in the Acute phase - advice needed

Previous topic - Next topic

LikeATreeInAStorm

Hello folks,

I'm in the acute phase of Peyronies (a month in, however pain has completely subsided and curve seems stable so I'm not sure if I'm in the stable phase already) with a 30 degree curve to the left, mainly under the glans. While my urologist didn't recommend or bring up traction, I'd like to cautiously but steadily give it a shot and nip this in the bud, as much as can be nipped.

In all my research (including this forum) I have not been able to find a consensus on which device is better, the PMP or RestoreX. Here's what I gather (correct me if I'm wrong) - RestoreX gives a better stretch and counter-bend, and you have to wear the device for fewer hours, while the PMP is more comfortable and you're less likely to injure yourself using it. Because I'm in India where RestoreX doesn't ship, I'll likely purchase the PMP anyway because it's easier.

My questions are:
1. Would you recommend traction for this scenario?
2. Did you have a doctor supervise your use of a traction device or do it yourself?
3. PMP or RestoreX - better device, what is the consensus?
24 years old. Acute Phase. Curvature: 30-40 degrees (approx) left. Discovered slight stinging in October '22, Peyronies began developing in November. Currently taking tadalafil 2.5mg and Vitamin E daily while doing traction with the PMP.

LWillisjr

I would recommend traction as this is one of the few treatments that studies will show some improvement is possible.

My doctor recommended traction for me but did not show me how to use it. I purchased the device and carefully followed the instructions on how to use it.

I know several doctors who recommend traction along with other treatments. Multiple treatment options are more effective as opposed to using only a single treatment option.
Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History