2 Years of Pain, 2 Years of Improvement

Previous topic - Next topic

Hazelboy98

I'm writing this on my 25th birthday today

(Post Injury: Onset of Pain) (Date: November 30th, 2020 - March 31st, 2021)
It was almost exactly 2 years ago that I injured my penis likely from bending it and hours of edging. This resulted in intense, non-stop pain 24/7 for the next 16 months. I had what felt like electric needles stabbing me from the base of my penis and a ripping sensation on the bottom half of the shaft. The pain was so bad in the first few months I actually couldn't sit still without withering in pain for more than 2 minutes. As far as I could tell my life was ruined at that point.

Not even in my dreams could I escape how intense that pain was as I would wake up crying from the pain in my penis. I had nightmares every night that involved a scenario where my penis would get ripped off. On multiple occasions I dreamed I was sitting on a toilet and I'd flush it but the toilets suction would be so powerful it would rip my penis off. The physical toll and psychological toll from that injury was so utterly devastating, it's insane to think of how far I've come since then.

(Physical Symptoms) (Date: November 30th, 2020 - March 31st, 2021)
To elaborate more on my symptoms then, my penis was often numb in the morning and would typically bend about 90 degrees when getting an erection. I had occasional hourglassing where half my penis would just collapse and fold on itself. I had never felt terror like I did then watching my penis just fold on itself like that.

It was in early March, 2021 that I had gotten an MRI to see what was wrong with my penis however they insisted nothing was wrong with my penis after reviewing the results despite my symptoms.

(Treatment and Major Lifestyle Changes) (Date: April 1st, 2021 - March 29th, 2022)
It was around April 2021 I decided to try taking Pentox, Vitamin E, L Arginine, CoQ10 and etc. They made no difference in the amount of pain I was having however it was in this period where I noticed the physical abnormalities I was having with my penis were clearing up anyways. I don't think the supplements I was taking had much of anything to do with my improvement then but I can't totally cancel them out. I stopped taking supplements in August of 2021.

Since the inception of my pain in Late 2020 up until April 2022 I had pretty much ceased masturbating out of fear that I would make things worse. I would go weeks, sometimes a month without masturbating which had it's own psychological toll on me. If you've ever gone on long periods of abstaining from sexual activity you know how much of a burden nocturnal emissions are and how humiliating that can be.

I honestly don't think abstaining from masturbation as much as I did made that much of a difference though. I mean edging for hours is bad for me but I don't think masturbating for a few minutes was ever really that harmful.

Another huge lifestyle change I made then that I continue today is I don't wear underwear anymore as odd as that sounds. I actually don't even wear pants. I just wear baggy basketball shorts out in public now and I'm completely naked at all times in the privacy of my house since the pressure from pants would irritate my penis and keep it from healing.
I actually think this lifestyle change made the biggest difference in my physical improvement and pain relief.

(Current Times) (Date: March 29th, 2022 - November 27th, 2022)
Since March 29th, 2022 I honestly have zero physical abnormalities in my penis. It's straight. I have the same girth as before, same length. I get erect whenever I feel like it and I masturbate everyday. I don't have to wait weeks before masturbating I just go when I want.

My penis at this point is exactly the same as it was before the injury. I still have some extra sensitivity in my penis though so I'm probably going to continue not wearing pants for the next few years but I hardly even notice the pain when I'm sitting down now or masturbating. I honestly expect my penis to improve even more from here on out.

I used to not even be able to sit down without being in pain, but I can sit down now for however long I want. The water from showers used to hurt my penis and now it just feels good. I haven't had any hourglassing for a year now, I just have stiff and sturdy erections. Like I didn't think I'd improve this much in just 2 years, it really feels like I'm going to return to a sense of normalcy one day

Just thought I'd share my progress with whatever this is I've been dealing with

26 yrs old    Descended from Heaven on 11/27/97

Severe pain and shape changes started on Nov 30th, 2020 from injury

Shape was back to normal by December 2021
Pain has now gone away and I'm mostly recovered January 2024

Chicago!

Sonic

Hey man, first of all happy birthday! Secondly did I read this correct: You had a 90° bend and it went away along with all other symptoms simply by wearing no underwear?  :o
30 years. Sudden rightwards curve detected in June 2020
Narrowing on right side and about a 20° curve to the right.
ED + instability due to narrowing.

Hazelboy98

I think it was just time in general that it got better. The avoidance of pants and underwear really just helped with the pain and extra sensitivity I had after I injured myself.

The bend was odd, I would wake up with my erect penis bending 90 degrees in the morning and then other times it would straighten out a bit before bending 90 again. I have no clue if that was a symptom of peyronies or some bizarre pelvic floor issue

Chicago!

LWillisjr

Sorry you have had such a journey. I am glad you solved your problem, but I don't think you ever had peyronies symptoms. And I don't think you implied this. But I want to caution most people on this forum who do have peyronies symptoms and looking for solutions. For someone who does have peyronies, I think doing nothing would not be advised. You have to be intentional to treat peyronies.
Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History

Hazelboy98

Well I'm sure avoiding edging made a big impact but abstaining for weeks wouldn't make me feel any different than I would feel like 8 hours after masturbating.

The decrease in pain was so gradual, there wasn't really a moment where I realized I was in less pain until at least a year later when it was obvious I wasn't nearly in as much pain as before. Like back then I couldn't sit down for more than few minutes without squirming in pain and after like 18 months I realized "oh I'm not squirming in pain anymore"

Flaccid pain was the worst though, it was like a constant reminder of how fragile I am and I hated being reminded that, hopefully you start to see some big changes too, Orriw

Chicago!