News:

Welcome to the Peyronies Forum

Introduction

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael G

Hello forum
I am 60 years old, fit and healthy. In August 2019 I suffered a major trauma event, breaking my neck in 3 places but miraculously making a full recovery. I only mention this because I have read that a trauma event could be the root cause of developing Peyronies Disease?
I noticed about a year or so ago an 'hour-glass' shaped deformation to one side of my penis when erect. I have also noticed it being more difficult to obtain and maintain an erection either by masturabtion or sex with a partner.
I suspect I may have or are developing Peyronies Disease and am seeking advice on what (if anything) I can do about it.
Other than seeking advice and information on this forum, I am arranging to meet with a Urologist.
Thank you
Michael G

LWillisjr

The 'trauma' referred to means trauma directly to your penis. The most common scenario being then you have a less then 100% erection, you pull out too far, and trying to re-enter you hit a pubic bone which then forcibly bends your penis. Also think of taking a short soda straw between you thumb and finger and squeezing it until bends.

I'm glad you have recovered but trauma to other parts of the body will not cause Peyronies. But is always wise to get checked out. I can also say that once I hit my late 50's my erections were getting weaker. This had nothing to do with Peyronies and more to do with my aging body   ;)

Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History