Stage surgery with Kuehhas

Previous topic - Next topic

Fustra

I have been on this forum a long time but never spoken,
I have an upward congenital curve of 45-50 degrees I believe.

I want to correct this issue and was wondering what peoples experiences have been like.

I believe Kuehhas is the best surgeon for congenital, an I wrong ?  
If you want answers, Please help us by filling in your signature block

Click here for Directions

mannimaker

Hello, everyone

I would also like to know if any of you can recommend Mr. Kuehhas. Has he possibly already had an operation or knows what his work is like?

Thank you

LWillisjr

Did you try a search of the forum? I think there are members who did go to him but they are no longer on forum. Guys come here for help and/or advice and then seem to move on.
Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History

mannimaker

Hello Willi,

Thanks for your answer. Yes, I've searched the forum but would like an opinion on a recent case. I'm from Austria and I'm wondering where the best option is to have an operation here. Or should I start a thread here and ask? I would also be willing to post before and after pictures as well as describe the whole process or capture it with pictures.

LWillisjr

Just saw your new post, that is what I was going to suggest.

My History

Fustra

Hi,
I am having surgery in a week, I'll keep you posted  

mannimaker

Quote from: Fustra on February 03, 2023, 06:47:27 PMHi,
I am having surgery in a week, I'll keep you posted

Hello Fustra,

I'm curious, maybe you can keep me up to date - how did you hear about Dr. Kuhhas come?

I'm skeptical because his ratings on Docfinder seem somehow fake.

I wish you all the best for your surgery, I assume you also do the length-preserving surgery?

Best regards

Fustra

Hello mannimaker,
I am more sceptical you have not done your research and don't know about him.
I believe for correcting congenital curve 1st time without complication, he is the best.
Success rate on the forum from 1st surgery is 90% with 2 reoccurring curves.
People are more likely to post about negative results than positive as people move on with life and leave it in the past.
Length preserving ? Stage is the same as all other types ... shortening the long side to match the short.
Grafting will preserve length and increase it, complications are to high to consider this type of surgery when not required.
citron99 has had this procedure and is regularly posting his outcome,
All the best  

Fustra

Fustra

Example 2 - with photos
https://www.peyroniesforum.net/index.php/topic,17540.msg150988.html#msg150988

Conduct your own research and use accounts as aids in finding the surgeon you believe is best for your pacific circumstances.  

mannimaker

Hello Fustra,

Thanks for your answers. I've searched the forum, but of course the negative experiences always get stuck. I also think and hope that Mr. Kühhas is the best in this field. I'm just mentally very very unstable at the moment because of the illness. I wish you all the best with your surgery.

Maybe we could PM, I would be interested in your curvature and how it looks on you now - maybe I can show you my curvature, I would want to do a crafting operation.

Fustra

Mannimaker,
Every operation will carry risks, no matter who you go with.
The best chance of a successful surgery is to go with a high volume surgeon that is very experienced in the field.
There is no magic bullet, the only way to correct this issue is surgery.  
If you want a result, you have to take the risk ... this goes with anything in life.
No matter you choose, there is always a risk but you put yourself in the best position for success by going with a good surgeon.

Fustra

Just had surgery, woken up and am waiting to see the doctor  

Alex83

27 yo

- 01/2020: Nesbit surgery for a 50 degrees downward curvature with Dr.Faix (FR) : bad result

- 12/2022 : Surgery correction with Dr.Gelman US

- Now : Indentation on the left dorsal side with a rotation to the left that appeared, try Restorex

mannimaker

wish you all the best :-) and welcome to Austria.

I wish you a speedy and good recovery.

PBerlin

Born 1992. First diagnosis of narrowing on left side of penis in January 2023. Penis showing 20 degrees to the left. Current therapy: Tadalafil and RestoreX .

Fustra

I am taking medication and avoiding erections until the end of this month (29th) so I will not know how thing have gone until that point but I will keep you updated.  

Fustra

Update

Since week 5 I have been getting erections.

I stopped applying the bandage 3 days ago.

I did not take exact measurements but before hand I thought the short side was 17-17.5cm, it's strange as my penis is 17cm as of now when I should have expected retraction. I have not even used a stretching device that I must now use for the next 3.5 months.

My penis is straight and bows down about 5-10 degrees (retraction must be present to some degree)

Girth is 5.7 inch at tip and 6.3 inch at base so this has not been effected.

I spoken to kuehhas and he said my penis will get even longer when using the stretching device and retraction goes away.

I have had sex for the first time but very gently today 6 weeks exactly post op. I experienced slight discomfort with the erection but everything worked fine and this is expected at this point.

Time will tell but if the curve does not return this has been a success so will keep you posted.  

PBerlin

This sounds great! I wish you a good recovery. Keep us posted.  
Born 1992. First diagnosis of narrowing on left side of penis in January 2023. Penis showing 20 degrees to the left. Current therapy: Tadalafil and RestoreX .

Fustra

Elections are better.

I started using the stretching device, starting at 15 minutes and this increases 5 mins every day until I reach one hour.

I must then use this device for another 3 months. He says you can use it 1-3 hours, increasing the time speeds up the healing. I was told it's not necessary to use it for more than an hour a day.

My erections are straight as an arrow, measured at 17.5cm. This was taken 4 days post 6 weeks. I thought I would be lucky to even end up with 16cm due to my degree of curve and retraction. This is better than what I thought was my theoretical best result (17cm) unless my measurements were off due to the difficulty of measuring around the curve.

Sensation is very good and my erection function has improved vs before the operation.  

Fustra

I will post some photos but I don't like the idea of them being online.

I may do so in the next few weeks as this forum has helped me and maybe I can help others.

This is dependent on the end result as the curve can return once stitches dissolve and that is my biggest worry as of now.  

beaulieu1008

You mean you have dissolvable stitches. No permanent ones?

Best of Luck
60 years old. Peyronie disease since 2020. Upward curve 30 degrees. Thick calcified plaque, dorsal, just beneath glans. 2cm wide, 1cm long. No ED. Except soft glans.

Fustra

Yes they dissolve at 6 months  

beaulieu1008

That's interesting. Because for me surgery was contraindicated because the stitches would be at the height of the frenulum because my plaque was that high. The urologist said they would irritate at that spot. Because he only works with non dissolvable ones.

Why does he use dissolvable ones in your case?
60 years old. Peyronie disease since 2020. Upward curve 30 degrees. Thick calcified plaque, dorsal, just beneath glans. 2cm wide, 1cm long. No ED. Except soft glans.

Fustra

Because it's the type of procedure. I would never have an operation with non-dissolvable stitches.

There are many different methods for correcting penile curvature, I would stay away from methods that leave stitches behind ...

I would also try to get the best surgeon possible to avoid complications, you can never go back once you have been damaged.  

beaulieu1008

Thanks. It's good to know it exists. My Dutch urologist says he's high volume with 30 Nesbits a year. And takes his authority from that. He doesn't do dissolvables. I might consider your option in Austria. I'm curious if the sutures are firm enough. I certainly hope they will. Do you have good resources for that? There was a Dutch guy you mentioned who did the same procedure.I wonder how he is doing. Good luck!!

Fustra

30 a year is low volume, 200+ is high volume. Keuhhas does over 200 a year, 2 a month on average is very very low. There are lots of people who used these structures and they are strong enough because you don't have erections within the first few weeks due to bandages.

There are other surgeons in the US that are apparently ate better for Peyronies.  

PBerlin

Quote from: Fustra on April 03, 2023, 04:00:28 PMMy erections are straight as an arrow, measured at 17.5cm. This was taken 4 days post 6 weeks. I thought I would be lucky to even end up with 16cm due to my degree of curve and retraction. This is better than what I thought was my theoretical best result (17cm) unless my measurements were off due to the difficulty of measuring around the curve.

Sensation is very good and my erection function has improved vs before the operation.

That sounds amazing. Happy for you.

I think many users are happy to see photos, but I can also understand if you don't want to upload any. I trust people when they say they had good results.  

Fustra

LWillisjr

When posting, there is a drop down under the text entry box "Attachments and other options". You have to upload your photo, and then "insert" it to your post.

You cannot view this attachment.  
My History

Fustra

The first photo was before the surgery,
The 2nd photo was 4 days after 6 weeks post op (as you can see I have not really experienced retraction, 6 weeks is the first time you get erections).

I cropped the photos to eliminate things in the background.

I am currently about 11 weeks post op and will upload my newest ones but I already have these photos taken.

Sonic

Looks like super good results. Did you also have a circumcision?
30 years. Sudden rightwards curve detected in June 2020
Narrowing on right side and about a 20° curve to the right.
ED + instability due to narrowing.

Fustra

Quote from: Sonic on May 05, 2023, 07:03:44 AMLooks like super good results. Did you also have a circumcision?

Yes he said I could keep it, I said it's tight and I did not have a preference but what was best.

He said it was tight during the operation (when I was young I could not retract it but managed to through stretching).