Penis feels fragile

Previous topic - Next topic

Myro25

So since I discovered Peyronie's disease and this forum I've been anxious about my penis all the time. I'm so scared that any little thing will injur my penis and cause me to develop peyronie disease. I have a bit of hard flaccid when standing and I'm hoping it's just due to a tight pelvic floor since it subsided when I sit or lay down. I don't feel any pain when flaccid, semi erect, or fully erect. I have a slight upward bend that's always been there since I can remember. Yet I'm still super paranoid and anxious everyday and constantly reading about peoples symptoms and just peyronies in general. It's taking a huge toll on my mental health and is affecting my erections since I'm so scared even when masturbating. Thankfully nothing has happened to my penis when erect but when I'm soft I've had some things happened that trigger anxiety. For example at work I bumped into this girl and her hand lightly grazed the tip of my soft penis. I didn't feel any pain but of course my anxiety spiked and when I got home I jacked off just to make sure it was alright. This gave me some realized but then I read that curvature won't present for months. Then I read that some people don't get any pain. My head is spinning because I've read so many different symptoms. I want to go back to how I was before, don't get me wrong there's plenty of great information on these forum and great advice for signs to look out for but so many people have different opinions and stances on how this condition starts. Some people say that hard flaccid is an early sign of peyronies and some people say they felt no pain.. I had an ultrasound done which was initially to test for venous leak but I opted to not do the injection cause I fear scar tissue and the possible side effect of priapism. I asked if they could check for plaque or scar tissue and the urologist said "you don't have scar tissue, we're checking for blood flow". He did do a physical exam and said he couldn't feel any plaque but I wanted to confirm it through the Doppler. When the test was done flaccid the probe thing that they use was only placed on the underside of my penis. I'm disappointed because I feel like they should have scanned the whole thing to access any plaque or scar tissue but according to my uro they were "only checking for bloodflow". I'm mentally crushed by this whole thing and have extreme sexual anxiety now to the point where it's messing with me even when I'm just masturbating. I'm scared to get with a girl and have a sexual injury. Scared that some micro injury will happen to my flaccid penis and trigger peyronie. Sorry for the rambling just wanted to get this off my chest so I'll conclude this post with the question of how obvious would it be if I have peyronie disease? I know a new curve or deformity will make it obvious but is there always pain? I haven't felt any pain or discomfort ever and never had a significant trauma but I'm super worried. Any insight on early signs of peyronies would be much appreciated.  
Early 20s - mild Ed. Hard flaccid. No deformity. Use 5mg dial is from time to time.

LWillisjr

Take a deep breath.....

Touching your flaccid penis is not enough to cause Peyronies Disease.
Hard flaccid is no indication of Peyronies Disease.
Masturbation won't cause Peyronies Disease (unless you are doing something wierd like slamming it in a door)

Peyronies is triggered by trauma to an erect penis. Think of placing a short straw between your thumb and finger. And then squeezing the straw until it bends or breaks in the middle. That is the kind of trauma being suggested here. This is why we always suggest to avoid the cowgirl sex position. When female is on top, she might lose control, raise herself to the point of you just slipping out, and then coming back down on the head of your penis with her pelvis/pubic bone.

Follow sex positions where you are in control of erection placement and you will be fine.
Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History

Myro25

Thanks LWillisjr. I really appreciate you replying to my posts. I'm starting to finally climb out of this rut and starting to enjoy other aspects of life again. I've just been so paranoid about my penis lately but have to realize that I'd definitely know if trauma were to have occurred. However with that said I will definitely take your advice and do positions where I'm in control next time I have sex. Trauma is definitely a risk with sex but with proper precautions as you suggested will prevent this trauma from occurring.  
Early 20s - mild Ed. Hard flaccid. No deformity. Use 5mg dial is from time to time.

LWillisjr

I know men and women like the "cowgirl" position. But this one for sure is the riskiest. There are many other less risky positions.
Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History