Peyronies at 21 - Time to introduce myself!

Previous topic - Next topic

semper_honestus

-Age - I`m 21.

-What did your medical doctor conclude?

Had my urologist appointment today. The conclusion is that I am in the "active phase" of Peyronies.

-How long have you had symptoms?

Four months ago, I noticed the first small bump on the left side of my shaft. Since then; it has gotten a bit worse. Unfortunately, mostly out of shame, I only mustered the courage to see a Urologist just yesterday and luckily got an appointment for today.

-What are your symptoms?

Currently, I have two plaques, the one I have had since the very beginning, and since about one month a bigger one on top of my shaft. Luckily, my bend (so far) is okay, at about 30 degrees to the left and the two plaques I have are relatively small (about 5mm in diameter). However, keeping an erection has become a lot harder.

-What treatments have you tried and what were the results?

As I was diagnosed only today, I have not tried anything so far. But the doctor gave a prescription for Sildenafil 5mg and Vitamin E pills. He told me that he sees a good chance of them healing back completely due to the relatively small size of my plaques even after 4 months. Additionally, he concluded that my ED problems are most likely of psychological and not physiological nature.

-Do you have insurance or means to get medical treatment?

Currently, I am still insured by my parent's medical insurance plan.

-Where are you in dealing with the psychological aspects of Peyronies Disease?

Still at the very beginning. But I realized that there is still hope of spontaneous healing in my case, and find comfort in the fact that my case is not as severe as those of others. However, it is still hard to accept for me, of course.

Are you in a relationship?

Yes, I have a girlfriend of 5 years. We are usually very sexually active, but my struggles in keeping an erection have made that aspect of our relationship much harder in recent times. I hope Sildenafil can help me out here.

P.S.:

I am located in Germany and the Urologist I went to was Dr. med. Gunnar Främke, of "Urologie Deutz" in Cologne, just in case any of you want to know. In two weeks, I have an appointment at "Urologie am Ring", also located in Cologne, who specialize in Peyronies. I did this to gat a second opinion and the best possible treatment. I'm not really sure if Sildenafil and Vitamin E are enough, but I also want to remain as safe as possible.

That concludes my introduction here! I´m looking forward to getting to know all of you; after all, shared grief is half the sorrow.  
If you want answers, Please help us by filling in your signature block

Click here for Directions

LWillisjr

Have you always had the 30-degree bend or is this a recent development.

I think it wise you are getting a second opinion.

Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History

semper_honestus

I always had a slight upward bend, but the bend to the side is definately caused by my plaques.  

Ballasto

Rest your dick and do not do anything not backed by science. Listen to your urologist and do not try anything suggested on here unless your doctor gives you the ok. My dick was ruined by trying something stupid I read about here.

You will be ok. Don't masturbating and be cautious when having sex.

You're going to be ok. Be patient. This is a marathon and I'm sorry for your troubles.

LWillisjr

Quote from: Ballasto on October 28, 2022, 04:48:00 PM

You will be ok. Don't masturbating and be cautious when having sex.

I don't agree with the statement above.....    being cautious with sex and/or masturbation is fine.
Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History

FrankPD

Welcome semper honestus,

You're in the right place for support and tons of personal experiences.  The search tab is so accurate, search anything.

All the best to you!
I have a girlfriend
Age 48, No injury
Diagnosis January 2022  
Six plaques
Hourglassing when flaccid and semi-erect
Only have my congenital curve
Massaging with vitamin E cream twice a day 
5mg Tadalafil, Healthy diet
Discomfort/aching sometimes

takit

Welcome on the board. I find it helps to know that you're not alone.
I would recommend that you document the progress of the disease on a regular basis. Doctors love it  :)

Quote from: semper_honestus on October 28, 2022, 08:36:29 AM
[...] He told me that he sees a good chance of them healing back completely [...]
That would be awesome. I wish you all the best!
Peyronies Disease: since October 2021, 35° dorsal, 5° sideways, strong hourglassing [active]
Medication: Tadalafil, L-Arginin, L-Carnitin, Coenzym Q10 and vitamins [canceld]
Physical therapy: PeniMaster Pro 4h daily [canceld]
Personal: 35, single

Ballasto

Disagree. You should stop masturbating. If you do, make it infrequent and be very gentle. Same with sex. You can hurt yourself more when your dick is in pain because it is weakened and, thus, mores susceptible to injury.

This is a marathon. Don't panic. Don't be stupid. And please stay out of the alternative section. Lots of terrible ideas there.

LikeATreeInAStorm

Quote from: semper_honestus on October 28, 2022, 12:04:57 PM
I always had a slight upward bend, but the bend to the side is definately caused by my plaques.

This is exactly like my scenario. I've always had a slight upward curve (I think they call it congenital curvature) and recently developed a plaque on the left side that caused a 30 degree bend. I wonder if there's a correlation.  
24 years old. Acute Phase. Curvature: 30-40 degrees (approx) left. Discovered slight stinging in October '22, Peyronies began developing in November. Currently taking tadalafil 2.5mg and Vitamin E daily while doing traction with the PMP.

IwillbeatPD

Hey, and welcome!

I also just signed up today on here and my symptoms just started. Like you, at first being uneducated on Peyronies Disease, I went to a basic urologist who told me to basically do nothing for a year. After educating myself on this forum, I immediately found another doctor since that's a terrible idea.

As a newbie myself, definitely read a lot of the posts here if you haven't already. Takes a lot of time for sure but let's be honest, we know how important this is to us. The decisions we make on this will definitely affect the outcome long term so I think making educated decisions, also based on risks, will be smart.

You may have noticed already, but there are some general conservative things, and medications you can take that probably most on this forum are using. Mostly because they are safe and have shown success. I'm really hoping this stuff works for me though. I'm so new into it, that its hard to say. I'm in this with you my bro! Let's stay positive while we go through this and if there is anything you need let me know. I posted an intro as well if you want to read about my experience so far with the meds.
Fit 37 year old athlete. Hinging and hourglass began Sep 2022. Tried VED, Restorex, tadalafil with no improvement. Implanted by Dr Hakky 11/28/23 with Titan touch XXL 26 cm no RTE's. Pre op 8.25Lx 5ish G. Post implant: 8.25 L x 5.5 G