North Carolina implant experience with physician

Previous topic - Next topic

BDale

I am 43 years old and have a history of DM II with ED and Peyronies. I have visited Dr. Ryan Terlecki in NC. Just wanting to check and see if anyone has used this physician. He seems to have a relatively high implant rate for the state, but I have not seen any posting regarding him.

He has let me know what I had already been self researching and that is that implant is my best long term option, anyone with previous experiences with him would be most helpful.

If you are in NC or have used a physician in NC who did you use?
I'm A 44 yo male and have had peyronies for a few years now.
diabetic that is now controlled with ED.
also married
Titan touch 20cm no RTE on 9/18/2023 by Dr Aaron Lentz

Stepone

I used Dr Lentz at Duke. Dr Lentz is a high volume implant surgeon. I know two other people on this website that used him and so far I and others agree his work is excellent.
StepOne  
Nesbit surgery 2015, 66 years young, Titan Implant 4/25/19, 22cm, Dr. Lentz, Duke University NC

Pfract

I have heard about him, around the web, but nothing bad that i can recall. Have you searched online in sites like "propublica" and "healthgrades"?

BDale

Thanks for the reply

I have researched him online and watched his YouTube videos and all I find is good stuff about him. I was just curious if anyone on here had any personal experience with him.
also married

BDale

I have been reading the journals on here and the information on this site and it has helped me understand pyronies and the treatment options tremendously.  

I'm concerned with how the implant will help correct my pyronies because of how deformed my penis is.  I have read on here that it has fixed many with curves, hourglass, and indentions so I'm pretty positive it will fix my problem. My penis has lost some length and about half way up my shaft it is like it has a band around it and doesn't get as wide as the bottom half. I have been using a VED to try and help regain some lenght and width and it has helped some. Has anyone else had this issue and how did the implant help with it. I can post a pic if that would help.
also married

Stepone

Bdale, I would read our journals.
Sadly many of us have experienced what you are going through.
I had narrowing, an indentation that was like a hinge, etc.,
The 4th surgeon I saw did a modified Nesbit, which was not the best thing to do.
3 years later I got an implant from Dr Lentz. It was a struggle initially, but time fixed it all.
I now have the thickest penis I ever had. I no longer have indentations, and it stays rock hard.
I have a great sex life and was thinking last Tuesday, that sex felt like it did when I was in my 30's.
I hope this helps.
If you want to post some pics, it will enable some of us to say, yes our penis looked like that.
StepOne  
Nesbit surgery 2015, 66 years young, Titan Implant 4/25/19, 22cm, Dr. Lentz, Duke University NC

BDale

I talked with Dr. Terlecki the other day and he said he does about 140 implants per year and that he only uses Boston scientific implants. From what I've read the coloplast titan works better for pyronies so I'm not sure to go with him or talk with another surgeon.  I'm going to try and post a pic.  From what I've seen most people on here have the titan.
also married

Stepone

Ouch, yeap it looks a lot like others, mine was bent more, but it looks like you have retained your girth at base.
I would try a visit with Dr Lentz at Duke. I know he uses Titan. I can't tell you which would be best for you, but I am very pleased with the girth of my Titan.
StepOne  

BDale

I called and got an appointment with Dr. Lentz.  The closest appointment is April. I had to wait 7 months to see Dr Terlecki and now 6 more but I want it done right the first time and to be happy with it. I have read on here where several people have used Dr. Lentz and were happy with their results so I'm going to give him a try.
also married

Stepone

You might try calling Dr Lentz office and ask to be put on a list if there are any cancellations.
I did, got my first meeting in a week and my implant in two weeks.
As with any surgery, people get scared and/or other life events occur that change people's plans.
Best wishes,
Stay safe.
StepOne  

AcmeEric

I have surgery with Dr. Lentz tomorrow. I will say it took a while to get in with him but I would take that as a sign that he is pretty good at what he does. Like you, I've read all of the accounts here pertaining to implants as well as Dr. Lentz and I am extremely excited to hopefully get this issue Ive dealt with for 5+ years now behind me.

I also have the benefit of knowing Dr. Lentz from high school and I can say that he was an extremely genuine person even back then. I hadn't spoken with him since high school until I met with him at his office but it turns out he's the same genuine guy as back then. Good luck with your journey and I'll let you know how it goes with me.
47 years old
6 years Peyronies
1 round of Xiaflex, had a bad reaction
Titan 22cm implant 11-29-22

Stepone

Great, that was super fast after all.
Congratulations on your implant.
Remember this is a slow process to get the full benefits of your implant.
I am still experiencing great mind blowing sex that seems to get better every month.
Stay in touch with us and keep all of us in the loop of your progress.
Congratulations
StepOne