Numb after surgery ??

Previous topic - Next topic

madbrit

I have had peyrones for the last 2 years, my consultant decided to operate at last and this was done on Thursday 30th June 2011, what was a bit worrying was the surgeon came round just before the opp, and said he would be carrying out a circumcision at the same time, after a bit of thought I said if it has to be done, so be it.

The procedure is called the NESBIT PROCEDURE, where they cut a bit out opposite the hard lump and sew it back together (straight I hope)

After surgery that lasted 1 1/2 hours I could not believe the lack of pain, I was expecting to be clinging to the bed posts for a few days, but there was none at all ???

The nurse told me the surgeon had used a pain blocker, what sort I do not know.

Well, came home the same day, with a very swollen penis, about 3 times the girth, but sadly about 1/2 inch shorter.

Lot of seeping from the stitches the swelling gets worse, so I have a bath on the 2nd day, pull the skin back to expose the stitching and to clean it and all of a sudden this spurt of red watery liquid comes shooting out from somewhere round the stitching, swelling goes down a bit and is still reducing slowly.

BUT... and a big but, I am still numb no feeling on the top and round the right side of shaft at all, like it's not mine, could he of cut some nerves, am I stuck like this for ever, anyone else gone through this ???

Can a pain blocker last 4 days ???

Thanks for reading this, and I hope someone has some answers for me, next stop is to go and worry the Dr.

Graham

Old Man

Graham:

Sorry to hear that you have had some problems after the surgery. Follow your last comment - worry your doctor until you get some answers to make sure that nothing has gone wrong. Sounds like you should not have had all the drainage coming out.

Better to be safe than sorry by not consulting the surgeon about the problem.

Old Man  
Age 92. Peyronies Disease at age 24, Peyronies Disease after
stage four radical prostatectomy in 1995, Heart surgery 2004 with three bypasses/three stents.
Three more stents in 2016. Hiatal hernia surgery 2017 with 1/3 stomach reduction. Many other surgeries too.

LWillisjr

I agree with old man. Check with your doc, better to be safe than sorry. But I can tell you that the healing is a long slow process. I didn't feel back to "normal" for about 6 months. Take it easy and don't rush anything.

Les
Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History

Noway

Oh the the good old nesbitt procedure wouldnt of done that one. If its only four days thats nothing it will probably take a few weeks before you get back sensitvity did he say anything about it?

Ok

I am 6 weeks post op now and still completely numb at the end , how long before I get full use back ?

NeoV

Numbness may not mean nerve damage, it may be do to swelling alone do to a layer of lymph fluid between the nerves and the outer skin.

After rupturing a lymph vessel I also am numb, but I don't think its nerve damage. Allow your penis to fully heal, it will take months.
Once the swelling is down, the feeling might come back.